Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Smoothies on a Fast
Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: December 09, 2006 06:21PM

I'm doing my first fast.. I wanted to know if fruit smoothies are ok... or am I just making it up that I've heard people use smoothies on a fast. I work and don't have access to food or juice and wanted to bring a smoothie with me to work.

Any thoughts, concerns, suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Smoothies on a Fast
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: December 09, 2006 06:37PM

Depends on how you define "fast"!

According to dictionary.com:
1. to abstain from all food.
2. to eat only sparingly or of certain kinds of food, esp. as a religious observance.

If you are working, then having a smoothie would probably be wise, but I'm not sure I'd call it fasting. Maybe cleansing.

If you are going to do a complete fast, then you might want to take some time off work.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 10, 2006 12:12AM

Your fasting sounds like my regular dinner time. How is eating smoothies different from your everyday life?

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: December 11, 2006 01:52PM

I suppose you could do a smoothie cleanse and have just those and water for a while, it would give your digestion a rest as it would not have to work as hard to break things down.
It wouldn't really be a fast though.

If you want to do a fast I would follow a tried and trusted method with lots of documentation telling you what to expect.
The closest thing to a fast I have ever done is the Master Cleanser.

Posted by: mtnkathy ()
Date: December 13, 2006 10:37PM

Yes, there definitely is a difference between a fast and a cleanse. On a fast you may have only water and/or juiced fruits and veggies.

A cleanse can be less harsh on the body than a fast depending on your health condition. You can still clean your insides with a cleanse.

How do you do a "cleanse?" Use simple, 2 or 3, combinations of fruits or veggies with or without juices. It can be quite tasty, filling and very detoxifying. You really should keep your combos simple. You can also stick with only green foods, literally smoothies or juices that are the color green. VERY CLEANSING!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables