Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

totally new to this...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 11, 2006 07:27PM

i am just browsing as i am interested in adapting a healthier way of eating, i have a few questions tho.....

How long have you been doing this way of eating and how has it benefited you?

Are you allowed to eat fish? as in sushi, i love sushi and just wondered if you are able to eat in on a raw food diet???
Look forward to your replies, thankyou

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: totally new to this...
Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: December 11, 2006 07:49PM

Welcome...

This forum is for vegan raw food, and would be a great resource for information about the non-animal part of your program.

Some raw-foodists do include raw cheese, fish and even some meats, and there are probably other places you can find information about that if you choose to include it.

I don't like to say I am allowed anything - I am "allowed" cheesecake and BBQ steak if I so choose, I just don't choose.

Being raw has a lot of benefits, and the best thing I can say is to just try it out - see what you think. You don't have to make any special big personal committment - just listen to your body. If it works, great, and if not, there are other options.

For me personally, I found that a cooked vegetarian diet was just not powerful enough, so here I am. So far, it is working out very well.

Good luck!

Sapphire

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 11, 2006 11:09PM

Welcome! Raw food CAN be as simple as just eating more of the fresh fruits & veggies that you LOVE. My experience is that I eat a raw, vegan-style of eating. There are no raw food police - and no ONE raw food guru who is going to tell you that you cannot eat raw fish. Although I personally avoid it, I encourage you to do the research, and choose that foods that YOU believe are the highest foods possible.

Opinion: Eating well is not about 'adhering' to some program, but rather to make more conscious choices about what YOU have determined to be the highest foods, setting small goals...and achieving them.

-Success and power to you.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 12, 2006 09:18AM

You don't eat raw fish because a raw guru told you not to do it. You choose not to eat raw fish because

1. over 90% of the big fish are gone.

2. about 76% of current fish stocks are declining rapidly, faster than they can be replenished

3. it's not good for the food chain

4. it's not good for the environment

5. it hurts the fish

6. it's mean.

Some people eat it anyway; they don't care.

The other reasons: potential contamination with pcbs, dioxins, heavy metals, etc. are incidental to me. Clean fish still exists although there is less of it with each passing day.

I am confident that one can be perfectly healthy without it. I would be really stressing out if I had to eat it for all the reasons above and more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables