Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Well known raw vegans who eat high fat diets?
Date: October 19, 2014 11:44PM

Of course we have the following on high fat, but who else?

* Dr Gabriel Coisens
* Dr Robert Cassar
* Lou Corona
* Tavis Bradley

Any other well known raw vegans do high fat?

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2014 11:45PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Well known raw vegans who eat high fat diets?
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: October 20, 2014 12:02AM

While I'm a big fan of high fat I've got to say that none of the above are technically raw vegans due eating things like things like miso and bee products. Dr.Cassar also eats eggs and, as I recall, raw milk.

Incidentally, for those who don't know, it is far harder on bees to have their wax honeycombs removed from them than their honey as they would, in nature, reuse their honeycombs and it takes them takes 3 years to rebuild the combs. Sustainable bee keepers let the bees keep the combs once the honey has been removed.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: October 20, 2014 12:16AM

Do Cousens and Corona eat honey? I'm also not technically a raw vegan but rather a raw 'beegan' as I occasionally indulge in raw honey and royal jelly. I might buy a kilo of royal jelly sometime soon and I want to try David Wolfe's NoniLand honey.

Date: October 20, 2014 12:29AM

jtprindl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do Cousens and Corona eat honey? I'm also not
> technically a raw vegan but rather a raw 'beegan'
> as I occasionally indulge in raw honey and royal
> jelly. I might buy a kilo of royal jelly sometime
> soon and I want to try David Wolfe's NoniLand
> honey.

Dr. Cousens eats miso which must be cooked before it is fermented.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 20, 2014 12:51AM

Those who can be 100 percent raw vegans should be commended.
In the world we leave in now it is difficult to avoid eating or wearing animal products be it unintentionally.
More than anything it is our general caring attitude towards nature and life that counts the most.

Date: October 20, 2014 01:00AM

Suez: interesting commentary about the bea ethics with honey comb. I never eat honey, don't feel it's needed and my intuition has always said to avoid it.

Here is another high fat brother. He rambles a bit, but he makes some very good points. Fats bring more stability he says.

I LOVE The High-Fat Raw Vegan Diet! (Part 1)
[www.youtube.com]

Even when l started raw vegan many years ago (mid 90's) l was always high fat...heaps of sesame and flax in the old days, and truck loads of nuts. smiling smiley I have never been low fat ever....even a few months ago l still had 6 big tablespoons of chia or had 9 tablespoons of sunflower or a 1.5 cup of nuts. winking smiley (laughing my head off here). I was medium fat for quite a while, but now l am back to high fat again. smiling smiley

Storm does high fat too (laughing my head off again). He'll do something like 12 tablespoons of chia LOL. He felt like superman the other week (laughing my head off again). I had a bowl of chia sprouts and flax yesterday with a big lot of coconut fat and felt like superman all day too. Got a big load of fermented sunflower sprouts coming up shortly too.

Bravo for high fat. I don't need to be embarrassed anymore by high fat because l know it is good stuff. I used to like avoiding the subject in the past because I was brainwashed by low fat nonsense like how were all were.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: October 20, 2014 01:05AM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
> Those who can be 100 percent raw vegans should be
> commended.
> In the world we leave in now it is difficult to
> avoid eating or wearing animal products be it
> unintentionally.
> More than anything it is our general caring
> attitude towards nature and life that counts the
> most.

The modern world caters to animal product eaters, vegetarians are still quite rare. Vegans are even rarer.

Date: October 20, 2014 01:18AM

I'm not technically raw vegan either. I wear leather and all my furniture is leather and I now and then have honey.

Date: October 20, 2014 01:55AM

SueZ Wrote:
> I'm not technically raw vegan either. I wear
> leather and all my furniture is leather and I now
> and then have honey.

Using vegan ethics in correct context

Very few people are technically raw vegan. There is usually somehing in a person's house that uses animal products such as rubber etc. Car and bike tyres are also said to contain animal products.

One thing vegans get messed up with is vegan ethics. For eg, people say wearing leather is bad, but there is more to the story than simplifying it as such. The real issue of vegan ethics revolves around various ideas, for eg, if the animal died for the sole purpose of a person using it's leather that would be really bad. BUT...if an animal dies for it's meat (bad stuff) then we have the responsibility to use the rest of the animal so it's death was not wasted. In other words...you don't want to kill an animal, eat it and then throw away it's fur and leather.,...if an animal is going to die for meat you should be using all it's offerings to make furs, leather, car tyers etc.

NOW....if the world stops eating meat then that is a different story,under no circumstances should an animal be solely killed for it's fur etc.

Also...wearing wool can violate vegan ethics worse than a fur coat. Vegans simplify the ethics too much and get on their high horse. Besides, we also kill bacteria in the air on sit on it and sterilise it all the time.

9 Everyday Products You Didn't Know Had Animal Ingredients

[www.treehugger.com]

The reason why vegans are so disliked is because many are hypocrites and speak loads of garbage. Things need to be put into proper context so we are not laughed at for being dills.

You will get deluded vegans who will criticise others for wearing leather, but they will happily ride bikes using animal products (bike tyers). The point is, low - mid range leather coats and all bike tyrs are all by-products of the animal after it has been killed for meat. Now...farming animals solely for it's leather is a different story again.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 02:08AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: October 20, 2014 02:38AM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:

>
> Also...wearing wool can violate vegan ethics worse
> than a fur coat. Vegans simplify the ethics too
> much and get on their high horse.

The issue of wool is one of the biggest reasons I hate peta. Peta is clueless on the subject and bases all of their BS on the treatment of mostly the Merino and cashmere big ag horrors. Unfortunately vegans go by the peta's BS and avoid all wool and go for much more horrible, in all ways, synthetics. Since there aren't enough peta followers to affect the market, which would be enough to prod me into action on the subject, I usually just let it slide. But since you mentioned it I'm putting my 2 cents in on that, dear to my heart, subject.

Date: October 20, 2014 03:05AM

Is not there a better term than BS

Date: October 20, 2014 03:16AM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
> Is not there a better term than BS

No "?'s" for questions anymore?

And now, back to the topic at hand, hopefully...

Date: October 20, 2014 03:29AM

Glad to see other vegans live in the real world, and yes, synthetic clothing, couch and bed fillings and is the epitome of evil and lousy living. Now they have found that synthetics contribute to cancer....read the book `Killer Clothes' by Brian Clement.

I have never seen Peta or any of their adds and l usually avoid lots of vegan sites because they can often reek of propaganda.

If vegans start talking nonsense (they often can) l am straight out the door. I don't have time for nonsense, neither does Mr Kearns. If people want to start talking nonsense it is best they talk to someone else. My tolerance for nonsense is very VERY low, and l have hardly any time for small talk either. Say something important or l am leaving or finding somewthing else to do.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: October 20, 2014 03:56AM

1.RAW

2.VEGAN

The two terms are out dated. They do not make sense.

RAW is no longer enough, it has to be fresh living food and that is doable now with sprouting, indoor greens and hydroponics. I have seen raw vegans buy very skinny raw carrots at health store. They are raw but with little life left in them.

VEGAN too is no longer enough. Why keep calling ourselves vegans when it is impossible to be one in the world we live in. I call myself vegan while at the same time I am wearing animal products and I am feeding my pets animal foods.

We need a new name, a phrase built on living fresh food.

I am for the care and respect for animal life but the thing that gets people healthy is not veganism but the life factor in living fresh food and giving up processed fried food.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 04:00AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: October 20, 2014 04:59AM

Why a label at all? When I have to I just tell people I don't eat meat or cooked food. That's usually more than enough for people to handle. They still think it crazy but not as crazy as vegan. The term "vegan" comes with way to much baggage. If people are wearing fur when someone says "vegan" they stop breathing and check peoples hands for spray paint cans.

Date: October 20, 2014 05:38AM

Living and Raw Foods Discussion (Vegan)

Date: October 20, 2014 06:23AM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
> 1.RAW
>
> 2.VEGAN
>
> The two terms are out dated. They do not make
> sense.
>
> RAW is no longer enough, it has to be fresh living
> food and that is doable now with sprouting, indoor
> greens and hydroponics. I have seen raw vegans buy
> very skinny raw carrots at health store. They are
> raw but with little life left in them.
>
> VEGAN too is no longer enough. Why keep calling
> ourselves vegans when it is impossible to be one
> in the world we live in. I call myself vegan while
> at the same time I am wearing animal products and
> I am feeding my pets animal foods.
>
> We need a new name, a phrase built on living fresh
> food.

Wonderfully stated.

SueZ Wrote:

>When I have to I just tell
> people I don't eat meat or cooked food.

Yes, l tell people l live on the sprouts. I don't even bother mentioning raw foods.

> The term "vegan" comes with way to much
> baggage.

Yes...way too much baggage, l NEVER mention l eat a vegan diet (said in person) unless someone asks me the question directly. The vegan name has been ruined in the public eye by profoundly uneducated vegans, illogical thought processes, extreme gullibility and mentally unbalanced extremists. People rarr rarr rarr for five minutes about veganism, fail and then are never seen again....this does not help the public image either.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: October 20, 2014 08:12AM

Currently listening to this video, seems good so far.

Dr. Jonny Bowden "The Great Cholesterol Myth"
[www.youtube.com]

The International Network of Cholesterol Skeptics winking smiley
[www.thincs.org]

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 08:19AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: October 20, 2014 07:18PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
> Is not there a better term than BS

Yeah, Male Bovine Excrement smiling smiley

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: October 21, 2014 12:46AM

Anyone who snacks on nuts and loves avocado banana apple smoothies. Raw food pies.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 21, 2014 03:41AM

SueZ Wrote:
> jtprindl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Do Cousens and Corona eat honey? I'm also not
> > technically a raw vegan but rather a raw
> 'beegan'
> > as I occasionally indulge in raw honey and
> royal
> > jelly. I might buy a kilo of royal jelly
> sometime
> > soon and I want to try David Wolfe's NoniLand
> > honey.
>
> Dr. Cousens eats miso which must be cooked before
> it is fermented.

Oh the humanity! *gasp*

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables