Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Lunch
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 13, 2006 06:36PM

Hi !

I am very new to Raw food or I have tried few times to become 100% raw but I have usually had very difficult to stay on that. I am now trying again and this time I'll take it very slow and planing everything so good I can.

I am little bit curious to know what you all eat and particularly what you eat on lunch time when you are at work ? How do you stay energetic and full the whole day at work or do you eat more on evenings when you come home ?

Do you have some good advices for me how to start to become 100% raw now and what to expect and how do you keep motiveted to not to eat normal SAD food ?

Thank you very much for you support and I am so happy that his wonderful board exist.

Love Anneli

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lunch
Posted by: greenie ()
Date: December 13, 2006 07:34PM

When I need to have a meal out I usually pack:

Nori rolls. Seaweed filled with sprouts, pate, avocado, anything handy
Fruit fruit fruit
Dates & nuts
If convenient, a large salad.
flax crackers and seed cheese.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: December 13, 2006 08:13PM

Yeah, fruit is great for taking for luch, especially thing like apples which travel well.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 14, 2006 01:04AM

Opinion:

-Become 100% by being honest about the % that you are comfortable with right NOW. Then, identify your ultimate goals (like 100%) set small goals...with timetables...to get you there. Focus on filling up on the fruits and vegetables that you LOVE.

-Bring a HUGE snack bag full of fruits, salads, nuts and juice that you LOVE to work ....and always eat before you leave the house. Eat from the bag guilt-free all day. This guarantees (if you eat 3 meals a day) that you are eating 66% all-raw! That's WAAAYYYY healthier than 90% of the population! LOL.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: December 14, 2006 04:23AM

When I first stsrted raw, I found salads for lunch very satifying. Now, I am happy to eat fruit for lunch. Eat what you love!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2006 04:24AM by rawgosia.

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: December 15, 2006 02:37AM

I love nori wraps for lunch but unless you keep them super cold.. in my opinion, they are gross. If you dont have access to a fridge or a cooler, try fruit. Lots of fruits can stay at room temp, just dont cut them before coming to work. breads are good too, if you have access to a dehydrator plan your week during the weekend and make all the food you need to last you from mon-fri.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 15, 2006 09:50AM

It became just too boring to only eat fruit for lunch so I bought myself a low cost 9000+ watts blender for nut and fruit and soft vegetable smoothies. Vegetables such as celery, asparugus are very nutrutious and do well with these blenders. Lunch is supposed to be an important meal of the day

[www.everythingkitchens.com]
[www.directron.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2006 09:56AM by djatchi.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: December 15, 2006 08:03PM

WOW!!! Really? A 9000+ watt blender? Or was that a typo? Tell us more! What brand? How much did it cost?

Does have a 12+ horsepower blender make much of a difference?

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: December 15, 2006 08:28PM

Ian, I hope you are joking! Can you iamgine a 9000+ watt blender? LOL!

I think he/she meant a 900 watt blender!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables