Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does anybody use sunbeds?
Posted by: Tashi ()
Date: December 13, 2006 06:49PM

I love going in the sun and if I could I would lie in it for about 3 times a week for about 30 mins. Due to my work situation, this is not realistic for me. I recently read the book "The UV Advantage" by Dr. Michael Hollick where he wrote about the advantages of going into the sun for vitamin D and other benefits. He also wrote about using sunbeds as an alternative for the sun in winter and when you were not able to go into the sun. He doesn't encourage going into sunbeds but he writes about the possibility of going in them.

I have been going in a sunbed about once a week for the last couple of months and I am just wondering whether I should continue. I go in the low pressure one that most replicates sunshine. I like having a bit of color and resistance to the sun but I don't want to ruin my skin.....does anybody else use sunbeds?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does anybody use sunbeds?
Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: December 13, 2006 07:47PM

Is a sunbed different than a tanning bed? Or are those the same thing?

Posted by: Tashi ()
Date: December 13, 2006 07:53PM

Yes, it is the same thing.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: December 13, 2006 08:21PM

I used to use them about once or twice a week in the winter before going raw - I found they were a good cure for my lack-of-sunshine winter blues.

Since being raw however I seem to have an aversion to tanning beds - I don't think I could do it now - they never felt that healthy to begin with, actually - like my insides were being cooked or something.

We'll see how I feel about it by February... for now I'm hoping the zeolite will be enough to keep the winter depression at bay... I really wouldn't feel good about using tanning beds again but if I have to I will. I'll do anything to not feel that "funk".

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 14, 2006 05:40AM

all that electricity freaks my body out but i would still do it in a stand up bed for 5 minutes max once or twice in the winter if i was feeling low. it does make a difference with me, it cheers me right up. i for sure wouldn't go every week though, it does wreck your skin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables