Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

coffee
Posted by: Gurkan82 ()
Date: December 14, 2006 01:09PM

I was just wondering how poisonus is coffe? i know that coffee isn't healthy but what does it do with your body?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: coffee
Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: December 15, 2006 02:34AM

actually it is good for you if you dont have health issues.

Posted by: ela ()
Date: December 15, 2006 05:16AM

Trinity, I'm sorry but I have to disagree.

Coffee is like a cheap amphetamine. It jolts your adrenals and puts your body into stress mode - so sad that so many people are so rest-deprived that they rely on that to stay awake. It's also highly acidic, which means that it pulls the alkaline minerals out of the body just to protect the body from it - alkaline minerals that the body needs for other things like regular functioning and maintenance.

How does coffee feel in your body? Can you remember how it felt the first time you ever drank it?

To me, one telltale thing about coffee was that whenever I drank any (and this is years before going raw), I would smell it coming out of my pores and in my urine very quickly indeed. If it was coming out of my body so rapidly, and smelling like that, it seemed pretty clear that my body was doing its darnedest to get rid of it as quickly as possible!

I don't mean to be contentious, but I sincerely think that coffee is not good for you at all, based on my experience and observations.

love
Ela

Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: December 15, 2006 04:08PM

You are precisely right! Coffee is one of the most damaging "chemicals" one can ingest, for so many reasons. All you have to do is research it online for a few moments to determine all its harmful effects on the human body.

I recommend to my clients GREEN TEA, yerba matte or chai, although all have either caffeine or a cousin to it. BUT, if organic, you are doing much less damage and you actually will enhance your anti-oxidant intake with the first two.

Bottom line: RAW FOODS, JUICES AND HEALTHFUL LIVING will energize you beyond anything you could or would imagine.

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: December 15, 2006 04:59PM

I think most coffee is pre-roasted. Can you buy it not roasted?

Anyone checked into ganoderma coffees? My friend drinks that and swears by it - it contains reiki mushroom extract or something, but again, I don't know if it is raw, or even if it is the same taste as ordinary coffee.

Coffee has lots of anti-oxidants I think, but I don't know if that overcomes it's acidifying effect on the body. I suppose if you follow a super healthy diet, like really raw or something, you might be able to handle small amounts, but most people are too acidic in the first place, so should probably avoid it.

On the other hand, I LOVE coffee. It's the last bad habit on my list, and I still haven't given it up, although I never allow myself more than one cup in a day. Just the smell of it makes me feel good. I don't know if I will ever be able to give it up entirely!

I'm hoping that by the time I am ready to totally give up coffee, some scientist will prove that it's one of the healthiest things on the planet, LOL.

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: December 15, 2006 05:15PM

I used to drink coffee everyday, and then smartened up and gave it up! There was a bit of a rough time when I was going through withdrawal from it, so I would have a little bit here and there to get me through it. Interesting story.....while I was drinking coffee, I had a Ganglion cyst on my wrist which was very painful. My doctor sent me to a surgeon and said I would need surgery to remove it. This was at the same time that I decided to stop drinking coffee. Well, after a few weeks of no coffee, the cyst completely went away! Then when I would have a bit of coffee here and there, the pain would immediately come back. That made me realize that coffee was nasty stuff. I went back to the surgeon and he said he has never seen one of those cysts just disappear like that! Funny how your body reacts when you treat it right.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: December 15, 2006 05:19PM

[http://www.cosic.org/]

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: December 16, 2006 10:41AM

Sapphire Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> cosic.org

Wonderful! A website created and payed for by the coffee industry:

Q: Is coffee bad for your health?

A: No. Coffee can be part of a healthy balanced diet. There is no conclusive evidence to suggest that a moderate amount of coffee is bad for you.

Note: Believe at your own risk!

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables