Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

T.C.Fry's Original Life Science Course... Is it a good one??
Posted by: rezi ()
Date: December 17, 2006 11:28PM

Hi everybody
There is a book called "Fry's Original life science course" which is being sold on Nora's web site www.rawschool.com. I was considering buying it but I wanted to know if any of you got it and if it is a good one. If you know of any other raw food course (with or without certification) please let me know.
Enjoy your day smiling smiley))

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: T.C.Fry's Original Life Science Course... Is it a good one??
Posted by: longtimeraw ()
Date: December 18, 2006 04:56PM

No, the course is pretty bad: outdated, full of pseudoscience, loaded with misinformation, and it encourages the "natural hygiene as religion" attitude that one finds among raw folks.

Back when he was peddling the course, Fry made a number of claims about the course. Those are debunked in jack raso's book, "Mystical diets". Interesting reading.

A place called Transformation Institute is selling an updated version of Fry's course -- also a waste of time/money, filled with false natural hygiene 'religious' beliefs pretending to be 'scientific'.

If you ask around in raw groups, you can often find a free copy of Fry's course to look at. Don't waste your money.

PS the biggest scam of Fry and his followers, is their claim that the course qualifies you as a health professional. That is not true and some NH-types get arrested for practicing medicine ('diet doctors') without a license.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2006 04:58PM by longtimeraw.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: December 18, 2006 10:50PM

I found the free information at [www.rawfood-explained.com] very helpful. That website seems to be not available at the moment. I think it will work again though. It is worth having a look. I believe that it is worthwhile having a look at Fry's course, although I have not bought it myself (due to monetary constraints). Also, there is some good info available in the files at Nora's forum.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2006 01:21AM

I don't think TC Fry's info is very good. I do not recommend the course.

I have learned the most through David Wolfe's program at
www.TheBestDayEver.com , it is awesome.

Posted by: rezi ()
Date: December 19, 2006 03:52AM

Thank you all for such good information... I am glad I havent bought it yet!
I'll check those web sites.
You all have a lovely day smiling smiley))

Posted by: artashes ()
Date: September 01, 2012 05:32AM

Hey folks,

Sorry you are putting down one of the greatest experts in Living Foods. I knew TC (as we fondly called him) he had a tremendous sense of humor, and his living food principles are spot-on. TC followed the work of Herbert Shelton. Natural Hygiene preceeded "Gourmet Raw Foodism" and Dr.Doug Graham is another proponent as is David Klein, Founder of originally called Living Nutrition Magazine and now called VIBRANCE.

On the other hand David Wolfe plagiarized literally word-for-word Arshavir Ter Hovhanessian's book RAW EATING and made his name with the plagiarized copy called NATURE'S FIRST LAW, The Raw Food Diet. He made tons of money on it and never gave any mention or royalties to Hovhanessian, whose book was written in 1964 in Armenian. I'm Armenian and have the original in English and in Armenian.

Wake up folks, someone is brainwashing you all about TC FRY and Natural Hygiene. Ever read Harvey Diamond's excellent book FIT FOR LIFE, and the follow-up books?

The entire Raw Food movement is based on Natural Hygiene. Jennifer Cornbleets stuff, Paul Nison, David Wolfe, Cherie Soria, Elaine Love were all influenced by TC Fry.

Read THE MYTH OF MEDICINE, and better yet read MURDER BY INJECTION, The Story of the Medical Conspiracy Against America by EUSTACE MULLINS. Eustace knew TC FRY and I was good friends with Eustace and I was really sorry that Eustace passed on at age 87 in Feb 2010.

This is indeed sad that you are putting down TC FRY? Do your homework and then sprout off.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: September 01, 2012 07:10AM

Here is the latest link for Raw Food Explained.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 01, 2012 02:51PM

I don't know about the course you are asking about but at hacres.com they have a 3 day ministry/health course you can take. I like their diet especially for those that for one reason or another don't go 100% raw.

Prana, that is a link to course material for TC Fry and nothing in your post addresses the posters original question. Seems like a blurb of an advertisement advocating the course material. I'm only saying this because you are this
websites moderator and in some ways looked upon as an authoritive member. I'm taking it to mean you do advocate the course then(?).

Love,
Prism

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2012 03:00PM by Prism.

Date: September 01, 2012 03:08PM

I wanted to edit my above post..but it timed out. Anyway here is my P.S.

The link (Prana gives in his above post) goes to someone named Swayze Foster who has quite the extensive commercial website. Which could lead into another topic which I won't go into at this time.

I did see that Gosia gave a link to maybe same website but she said it didn't come up..so perhaps you are giving the more current link? Sorry for any confusion on my part!

Love,
Prism

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2012 03:10PM by Prism.

Posted by: Rising Edge ()
Date: September 01, 2012 10:04PM

[www.rawfoodexplained.com]

click on "The Science of Raw Food" link on the left. Extensive material based on TC Fry's course.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: September 04, 2012 05:27AM

Prism, the reason I provided that link because it was a way to get the contents of T.C. Fry's course for free. I think this is an excellent place to start for raw foodists, but remember that one's own personal experience and what works for someone is more important than what you read in a book or an internet course.

Date: September 04, 2012 03:34PM

Yes..I did go back and took a better look at the site. Thanks Prana. I really screwed up my posts on this thread..yikes..I will try to do a better and more thorough read of posts before I say anythingsmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables