Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My Paris, France trip
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 20, 2006 06:47PM

Just got back from Downtown Paris. I was surprised, the stores had the best fruit, check out this mango, I have never seen this kind ever.

I made a little salad with my swiss army knife here of lychees and mangos, cherries and avocado yum

Look at this poster I saw in a CAFE des FRUITS

It was easy there to eat raw, they had the best dates too.
So glad to be back here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2006 06:49PM by coconutcream.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Paris, France trip
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: December 20, 2006 07:00PM

I LOVE Paris!!! How surreal is that place, right? I felt so light & happy there.

And everyone comments on all the heavy rich food the French eat - well what I noticed when I went there was that all the food comes with greens or cute little vegetable creations or fruit on the side and the sandwiches, desserts and such are MUCH smaller. I didn't see any "French paradox" as to how the French stay slim - smaller portions of the bad stuff, more of the good stuff. And lots of walking.

That salad looks really good btw. Yum.

Hope you had a fabulous trip!!

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: December 20, 2006 07:19PM

Oh and the MEN. Coming from NYC and liking big tough New York men, I was so certain that I wouldn't like French guys that I didn't even pack any sexy going-out clothes! I was stopping in Paris for a few days for the sole purpose of shopping, enroute to a wedding in Budapest.

Oh man was I wrong! I LOVED French guys - they were so adorable and friendly and nice and just really lovely. I think the shopping ended up taking a backseat!

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: December 20, 2006 07:54PM

My wife is from Paris, and every now and then we go back. It's always quite easy to find food there, fresh fruits are all over in every small stores, even the 24-7 ones that the arabic run everywhere. And there are now several organic stores in the city.
And if you are looking for asian delights (durian and a lot of other exotic fruits), go to Tang Freres. It's a big chinese supermarket in south east (13 district) part of the city.
Also, if you travel in France, you can order fresh fruits from a company called orkos, and have box of fruits delivered to you on a specific day.

Raw Fruit Festival
[www.raw-fruit-festival.net]
Health, Fitness and Fasting Retreats in Spain
[www.fit-in-nature.net]

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 21, 2006 01:17AM

I love Paris too! I lived in the 2nd arrondisement for a year and I loved it. I wasn't raw back then, and I certainly enjoyed all the French food. But I remember that the open markets there had the freshest fruits, and many tropical fruits that we don't get here in the US (like fresh lychees!).

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: December 21, 2006 03:39AM

I haven't been to Europe in ages but remember that the fruits and veggies were soooo much better than anything we can get here. Just bursting ripe and fresh and flavorful. i want to go baaaaaccccckkkk!

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: December 21, 2006 06:47AM

HEheh, Greenie, I don't know where "here" is for you, but I think (know) the quality of fruit and veggies in Europe really depends on where you live. Try the north of Scotland, Iceland, Norway, etc. and quality things go down hill.

Of course, I'm spoiled since I live in California now (used to live in the north of Scotland - they think you eat Avocado crunchy!). ;-)

Ian.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: December 21, 2006 07:49AM

Ian,

I'm in Iowa. There are advantages to being here, but winter fruits and veggies are not one of them. I go nuts when I visit California whole foods stores.

Posted by: jamied1217 ()
Date: December 21, 2006 02:35PM

Hey coconutcream,

Is it hard for you too stay on mostly fruit? I am truly amazed ! smiling smiley

How do you fight your temptations?
I tried all fruit for a week and felt great...but then I caved down into my biggest temtation...FLOUR!! lol

Keep going girl!!

Peace and Love and wellness for the HoLiDaYs!

Love you,
Jamie smiling smiley

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 22, 2006 03:29PM

Um I was totally fine while alone, now that I am back, I find it hard because well, my friends eat meat and stuff and I see them eat all these salads and spice and I start to crave pickled stuff, etc but I am gonna be strongomg i went to Iceland and i could not believe it, the fruit was all wrinkled in every store, so bad nd old and I guess they have to import it from far away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2006 03:31PM by coconutcream.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables