Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cacao Beans
Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: December 20, 2006 07:26PM

So I have been eating them, and I really like them, but do they make it hard for anyone else to fall asleep at night? I only have maybe a teaspoon full in my fruit smoothie for breakfast, and I am not able to fall asleep. Does this happen to anyone else?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cacao Beans
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 20, 2006 11:02PM

Yes,
I put some in a raw pie and my 4 year old son and I each had a peice after dinner. We were both wide awake several hours later than our usual bed times.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: December 21, 2006 06:58AM

I use raw Cacao beans so I can stay up late. If I'm not staying up late, I try to only have them in the morning/early afternoon.

Ian.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 21, 2006 07:46AM

Yes!
I had cacao truffles one night. I guess I may have eaten too many, I was wide awake the entire night! I would say eat very moderately and on occasion, not as a regular part of your diet.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: December 21, 2006 10:23AM

I can eat a small amount of raw cacao before I go to bed without a problem, but there is a limit and if I eat too much then I can't sleep.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: ela ()
Date: December 22, 2006 03:11PM

_Definitely_. To such an extent that I find myself avoiding them even though I love the taste of them: it doesn't seem worth it for how it makes me feel and the sleep disturbance. That said, if I go to a raw restaurant, it often seems like having a bit of cacao helps send all that complicated/fatty stuff through a bit more easily - two wrongs making a right? Well, there's a place for it anyway.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: December 22, 2006 05:12PM

Yeah, I've also noticed a very slight laxative effect from raw cacao!

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: December 24, 2006 09:09AM

Cacao is a raw scam. It is NOT healthy!!

It definitely pulls me out of sattwa.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 24, 2006 11:22AM

I confess I am intrigued. But not enough to bite at those prices! I think more f+v is a better investment.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: December 28, 2006 07:36PM

Hey Rob, caffine can had a slight laxative effect, I wonder if your laxative effect is caused to be the 'small' amount of caffine in the bean.

I really like raw Cacao, although I don't eat it that often - which is good since it's rather expensive to be including on a daily basis. Maybe a bean or two every week or few.

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 20, 2007 08:04AM

Cacao:
love /hate/love/hate/love /hate..love!

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: January 21, 2007 02:10PM

yes i can't sleep at night after eating cacoa, and 2 other people have said the same thing to me. Last night was one of those sleepless cocoa nights. I guess I'm gonna have to give it up!

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: January 21, 2007 02:28PM

it's much stronger than i remember coffee was! i had cacoa at 2pm and couldn't sleep that night...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables