Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Ann Wigmore's Degrees
Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: January 04, 2015 10:00PM

SuzE: I don't know the publishing story history on the Why Suffer book. I did notice at the time I ordered my copy that there was at least one other publisher besides Hemisphere & Rising Sun for the book that gave the 1964 copyright date. I chose what I chose because it was only $2. and because the title seemed to be the original/earliest one---before that got changed. Maybe HHI just went with the publisher that could, at a particular time & place, give them The Best Deal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 04, 2015 10:23PM

KFCA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SuzE: I don't know the publishing story history
> on the Why Suffer book. I did notice at the time
> I ordered my copy that there was at least one
> other publisher besides Hemisphere & Rising Sun
> for the book that gave the 1964 copyright date. I
> chose what I chose because it was only $2. and
> because the title seemed to be the
> original/earliest one---before that got changed.
> Maybe HHI just went with the publisher that could,
> at a particular time & place, give them The Best
> Deal.

Hmm. I know one writer who told me that at first he gave his manuscript to a couple of agents and picked the one who did the best job. HHI could have been doing something on that order. I wonder if each of the publishers used different editors. Each of the versions could be different even from the same time. Pretty crazy stuff.

Getting a copy with Ann's writing and signature on it plus the seven degrees trailing off after her name like a wedding dress train makes me happy with spending 4x what I probably otherwise could have if I had shopped around better. Next time I'll go to Abe's though before I buy any more used books. Thanks for the reminder. I pretty much forgot about other outlets since Amazon came along.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 05, 2015 12:00AM

Suez she was like SNOW WHITE with the little animals.

Date: January 05, 2015 12:16AM

coconutcream Wrote:
> Suez she was like SNOW WHITE with the little
> animals.
>
> [50mostinfluentialdisneyanimators.files.word]
> press.com/2011/10/snow-white-film-review-animals.j
> pg

Really? I didn't know that you had met her. Can you elaborate? Do you have any more pictures of what she collected you could share with us? Thanks.

Date: January 05, 2015 12:21AM

I never met Ann although I like to fantasize that I did.

The year would be 1970. I would be in my velvet tracksuit, I would be running along Comm ave in Boston. I would have been on the middle grassy area with all the statues.

What I meant, is that I read her book and she tells of how when she was a child she made friends with all the animals and fed all the wild animals when she was sick. She said she had a gift.

I was serious about the seance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2015 12:27AM by coconutcream.

Date: January 05, 2015 12:31AM

coconutcream Wrote:
> I never met Ann although I like to fantasize that
> I did.
>
> The year would be 1970. I would be in my velvet
> tracksuit, I would be running along Comm ave in
> Boston. I would have been on the middle grassy
> area with all the statues.
>
>
> What I meant, is that I read her book and she
> tells of how when she was a child she made friends
> with all the animals and fed all the wild animals
> when she was sick. She said she had a gift.
>
> I was serious about the seance.

Do you have any more pictures of her stuff?

Posted by: researcher ()
Date: January 05, 2015 02:46AM

That deleted Ann Wigmore thread seems to have been saved here:
[septicopyemia.rssing.com]

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 05, 2015 05:15AM

Coconutcream wrote:
We all should do a seance and ask her!
I was serious about the seance.

Tai:
A seance assumes:
1) that the spirit has not reincarnated already (for those that believe in reincarnation)
2) that the spirit has not passed on to another world (for those that don't believe)
3) that the spirit is hanging around and can be accessed at will
4) that the spirit would even tell the truth
5) that the spirit that appears is even the person requested and that the appearing spirit would not impersonate the requested person. (I would elaborate, but to use SueZ's term, I don't want to sound too woo-woo.)
6) that just as easily as you can summon a spirit, you can send the spirit away.

So many assumptions, so many expectations. IT's not appropriate to share my stories here, but I hope you think critically about this.

What do you really need to know about Ann WIgmore? There are so many people alive that can give you firsthand accounts. THat info from living eyewitnesses will be reliable versus any info from any oujia board, seance or pendulum.

Date: January 05, 2015 08:29AM

Tai Wrote:

> 5) that the spirit that appears is even the person
> requested and that the appearing spirit would not
> impersonate the requested person. (I would
> elaborate, but to use SueZ's term, I don't want to
> sound too woo-woo.)

That is supposed to be a really common occurance actually. Spirits love playing tricks and impersonating others, especially in the lower astral worlds, but l would imagine Dr Ann would be a higher level and hopefully the more evolved spirits in those astral worlds wouldn't play games like in the lower worlds. I understand the more good things you do in this world and the higher level you are, the longer you get to stay in the astral world for a break and some fun, so Dr Ann may well be in one of the astral worlds still.

Btw, a seance can be very problematic if one is from a lower astral world because you can open a portal to demonic spirits, and if you don't know how to get rid of them you are in for a tough time.

I won't say anymore because it will sound too "woo woo" and people may think l howl at the moon lol. Woo. winking smiley

Truely, l think coconutcream was only joking when she made that comment.

Date: January 07, 2015 05:26AM

SUEZ this is for you my friend. More her belongings

Can we pray to Ann like you would a saint?

Here is another one of the sacred relics I traveled miles to see and touch!

ANN WIGMORES JEWELRY

Sprout Magic!

Tai I think if you sent a message out to time and space with only one address, the message will be delivered, on some level, since all times exist at same time.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2015 05:31AM by coconutcream.

Date: January 07, 2015 11:04PM

Coconutcream, I'm speechless. Do you have any more pictures of Ann Wigmore's treasures?

Date: January 09, 2015 02:54AM

KFCA Wrote:
> Again on the subject of Wigmore's colon cancer &
> self-recovery at age 50.
>
> I went back to my copy of the 1964 (copyright)
> book, the full title of which is "WHy Suffer, The
> Answer? Wheat Grass God's Manna!" (which title,
> except for the first two words, has been changed
> over the years). And after rereading the book
> even more carefully, could still find no mention
> of any cancer event for Ann taking place for her
> at age 50 or thereabouts 1959-60.
>
> However, I did find something very interesting
> that Ann says happened to her at almost exactly
> the same age & year as the non-mentioned cancer
> story. At Chapter 21, Page 204, titled "Our
> Indispensable Doctors", she relates that on a
> cold winter's morning "in 1960", while feeding the
> chickens, she tried to get a pail frozen in the
> earth out, felt a great groin pain, and said that
> "from that moment, I was more or less an invalid".
> Her condition was later diagnosed as "a hernia",
> which usually happens to men, but sometimes women
> & children.
>
> A physician friend by the name of Dr. Shadman said
> months of bed rest might heal the hernia, but
> suggested in her case surgery would be more timely
> effective, so she went into the hospital and had
> an operation, staying there for 7 days post-op.
>
> Now I have to wonder if in later printings of this
> book, the hernia story still exists or perhaps was
> replaced by a colon cancer story of the same year
> as being more appropriate. I'll have to check
> that out. Or maybe somebody else can.

My copy of the book just arrived. It does not have the promised inscription and signature in it. It says it's the 8th printing. There are neither chapters nor an index. On page 204 and 205, which are page one and two of the six page "Episode 96", there is just talk of earthworms. It's going to be a long haul with lot's of random digging to find anything here. Looks like lots of longggg ramblessssss.

Date: January 09, 2015 04:09AM

Sorry to hear about the lack of signature/inscription on the copy you received. Last year I ordered a used book through Abe because the seller said the copyright date was 1953, which decade I was interested in on this particular person. When I got the book, I realized the book was much more recent, and the seller incorrectly interpreted the copyright Roman Numerals as 1953 rather than 1973. I complained & got my credit card charge reversed---so essentially I got a free book, though was still stuck with a modest mailing fee. I think next time the seller will be more careful.

But enjoy plowing through the book, but it does seem strange that a person with 3 claimed doctorate degrees wouldn't know to index a book nor divide into chapters.

Date: January 09, 2015 05:06AM

KFCA Wrote:
> Sorry to hear about the lack of
> signature/inscription on the copy you received.
> Last year I ordered a used book through Abe
> because the seller said the copyright date was
> 1953, which decade I was interested in on this
> particular person. When I got the book, I
> realized the book was much more recent, and the
> seller incorrectly interpreted the copyright Roman
> Numerals as 1953 rather than 1973. I complained &
> got my credit card charge reversed---so
> essentially I got a free book, though was still
> stuck with a modest mailing fee. I think next
> time the seller will be more careful.
>
> But enjoy plowing through the book, but it does
> seem strange that a person with 3 claimed
> doctorate degrees wouldn't know to index a book
> nor divide into chapters.

I can see how a bookseller in a hurry could have mistaken the printed message in my copy as being added after printing. I was more disappointed than that at the formatting of this pathless jungle of a book.

Does your copy start out with a preface where she talks about her chit chat on writing with Ernest Hemingway?

Date: January 09, 2015 08:44AM

No chat on writing with Ernest Hemingway here. He IS mentioned amongst other names in Wigmore's dedication as to "the souls who have been tremendous help in my growth." Wasn't Hemingway known as "The Great White Hunter" with all his killed animal trophies? Seems an odd person to choose for someone like Wigmore who professed to love animals so very much.

Date: January 09, 2015 03:49PM

KFCA Wrote:
> No chat on writing with Ernest Hemingway here. He
> IS mentioned amongst other names in Wigmore's
> dedication as to "the souls who have been
> tremendous help in my growth." Wasn't Hemingway
> known as "The Great White Hunter" with all his
> killed animal trophies? Seems an odd person to
> choose for someone like Wigmore who professed to
> love animals so very much.

Yes Hemingway killed plenty of animals and was the quintessential proud carnivore in his diet until the end of his liqueur soaked life. If I am recalling correctly.

At this point I am left questioning, but just a little, whether Ann Wigmore could distinguish between having had a conversation in person with Hemingway from having had read something he wrote and printed without them have ever having meet. I'm just up to page 35.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2015 03:50PM by SueZ.

Date: January 09, 2015 05:42PM

I went to Wikipedia to refresh myself a little on Hemingway. He died in 1961 as a suicide at age 61 (essentially blew his brains out). Medical records found in 1991 show that prior to his death, he had been diagnosed with hemochromatosis, which is the inability to metabolize iron, which apparently culminates in mental & physical deterioration. It may have been a family genetic trait, as both Hemingway's father, sister, Ursula, brother, Leicester, and eventually, Hemingway's granddaughter, Margaux, all died by way of suicide.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: January 09, 2015 08:21PM

<<<I went to Wikipedia to refresh myself a little on Hemingway. He died in 1961 as a suicide at age 61>>>

I don't trust Wikipedia since they are owned and controlled by the powers that be.

A4M Sues Wikipedia - Quackbuster(?) Propagandists Targeted...
[www.bolenreport.com]

Exposed: Wikipedia Holds Bias against Natural Health
[www.naturalnews.com]

Here's a different version I heard a while back that should remind us to question everything...

[planet.infowars.com]
Learned Helplessness Drives Hopeless Behavior
July 25, 2012 in Science
By LUIS MIRANDA | THE REAL AGENDA | JULY 3, 2012

Mental health professionals and psychologists are along with teachers, two of the most compliant groups in society. Health professionals are also one of the groups with the highest suicidal rates. (12) What happens when psychiatrists find resistance to compliance? They become anxious and tend to pathologize. So, almost every person who disagrees with the establishment or with authority is automatically diagnosed as mentally ill. Ernest Hemingway was himself a victim of this system. He was drugged and punished with electric shocks after being diagnosed as mentally imbalanced because he thought he was being followed and watched. It later turned out he was indeed being harassed by intelligence agencies. So, does it make sense to obtain advice from professionals who cannot even control their own personalities? Can we trust people who are indoctrinated to maintain the status quo?

This article was first published on May 1, 2010.
[planet.infowars.com]

Date: January 09, 2015 08:29PM

KFCA Wrote:
> I went to Wikipedia to refresh myself a little on
> Hemingway. He died in 1961 as a suicide at age 61
> (essentially blew his brains out). Medical
> records found in 1991 show that prior to his
> death, he had been diagnosed with hemochromatosis,
> which is the inability to metabolize iron, which
> apparently culminates in mental & physical
> deterioration. It may have been a family genetic
> trait, as both Hemingway's father, sister, Ursula,
> brother, Leicester, and eventually, Hemingway's
> granddaughter, Margaux, all died by way of
> suicide.

Why would Ann Wigmore, three years after Hemingway killed himself, call his philosophy a "smiling philosophy" in her "Faithfully Will I Build On This Foundation" seven page part before her "Episode" sections? I don't get it.

KFCA, does your edition have a table of contents and an index? This one that I have doesn't. There is no way to keep track of anything except for page numbers and the 159 "Episodes" which vary in length from a paragraph or two to several pages with no content related rhyme or reason so far as I can tell. They only have numbers without any explanations. The whole business is 448 pages long.

Here are the degrees trailing after Ann Wigmore's name, as listed, in my edition ...

D.D., N.D., Ps.D. Ph.D., Ms.D., D.B.M., D.H.M.

Date: January 09, 2015 08:35PM

SuzE: I now have a much later Why Suffer? book, this one dated 1985, with a different publisher, Avery Publishing. So this would be at least 15 years beyond my first one. The stories are pretty much identical word for word, and the hernia story remains, though still no mention of Ann being diagnosed with, let alone curing herself of, colon cancer. That claim seems to be rapidly failing.

The main difference, and probably the only one, is in the last chapter where Wigmore recounts how she got the Exeter Street building. As she relates, she met up with a woman, Margaret Drumheller, who owned the building & invited Ann to move into the second floor, as a rental, where she could minister to her patients. After moving in, for reasons unclear, Mrs. Drumheller told Ann that she had to sell the building. In the end, Mrs. D. got her mortgageholder bank to put Wigmore's name on a new mortgage with said bank with only a $200. deposit! Boston banks must be incredibly generous.

BTW, this book (or maybe a compilation of all printings) states "Over 500,000 copies in print", and still has its original price sticker of $1.00 on the cover.

Date: January 10, 2015 04:57AM

No chat on writing with Ernest Hemingway here. He IS mentioned amongst other names in Wigmore's dedication as to "the souls who have been tremendous help in my growth." Wasn't Hemingway known as "The Great White Hunter" with all his killed animal trophies? Seems an odd person to choose for someone like Wigmore who professed to love animals so very much.

By golly you are right

Who was Ann's love of her life?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2015 04:59AM by coconutcream.

Date: January 10, 2015 04:58AM

SueZ, both my Why Suffer copies (1964 but 10th printing, so into 1970) and 1985 (may well be an authentic First Edition, but we're talking "paperback" here, so nothing to get excited about), and BOTH have the traditional Table of Contents as one would expect. Frankly, your copy sounds like a mess. I take it that it was published by Sunrise Christianity; maybe that's why more professional publishing houses were later called in to make more sense of it.

As far as Ernest Hemingway's "smiling philosophy"---I've never heard that attributed to him. Five suicides in his immediate family, including his own, sounds rather morbid.

BTW, I'm old enough to say that when news of his death by gun came over the radio that July day, I heard the original news broadcasts & remember it well.

Date: January 10, 2015 05:01AM

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: January 10, 2015 07:35AM

Her hair did really turn dark

Date: January 10, 2015 11:59AM

That is amazing about the hair. Raw Practiclist. How long do you think it takes of drinking wheatgrass everyday?

I have no grey or white hair. My sister is decade younger and all her head is salt and pepper.

Date: January 10, 2015 02:43PM

KFCA Wrote:
> SueZ, both my Why Suffer copies (1964 but 10th
> printing, so into 1970) and 1985 (may well be an
> authentic First Edition, but we're talking
> "paperback" here, so nothing to get excited
> about), and BOTH have the traditional Table of
> Contents as one would expect. Frankly, your copy
> sounds like a mess. I take it that it was
> published by Sunrise Christianity; maybe that's
> why more professional publishing houses were later
> called in to make more sense of it.
>
> As far as Ernest Hemingway's "smiling
> philosophy"---I've never heard that attributed to
> him. Five suicides in his immediate family,
> including his own, sounds rather morbid.
>
> BTW, I'm old enough to say that when news of his
> death by gun came over the radio that July day, I
> heard the original news broadcasts & remember it
> well.

KFCA, Yes my copy (hardcover 8th printing) is a total mess and it was published by Rising Sun. There are some gleaming good vocabulary words used in the text which are impossible not notice clinging precariously off that wretched structure which was not built to support such weighty stuff. Many hands.

Anyway my copy bears a previous owner's stamp - Naturex Inc., 1125 E. Mont-Royal, Montreal 176 - P.Q. While this company seems to have done quite well for itself over the years it seems this discarded edition I have of theirs couldn't have been stamped, at least, before 1970.

[www.ic.gc.ca]

On the attribution of Hemingway's philosophy being called "smiling" that was Ann all Ann's idea not something she was attributing to anyone else or to Hemingway himself. She used it to state her own "philosophy" of why she was writing the first part of her book first.

Date: January 10, 2015 03:29PM

coconutcream Wrote:
> That is amazing about the hair. Raw Practiclist.
> How long do you think it takes of drinking
> wheatgrass everyday?
>
> I have no grey or white hair. My sister is decade
> younger and all her head is salt and pepper.

It took me 3 months of drinking wheatgrass, barley grass twice a day.
Plus scalp massage and applying onion juice to the hair at night.
I cant tell which did it. but it works

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2015 03:31PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 10, 2015 07:20PM

RawPracticalist wrote:
drinking wheatgrass, barley grass twice a day.

Tai:
What type of barley do you use? There are a few varieties out there. Any comment between kamut vs hard red winter wheat? I stopped drinking grass juice when I vomited recently after drinking rye grass juice. I noticed there was some mold on the bottom of some berries and I got grossed out after reading Panchito's posts about molds. (but TSM told me to eat fruit after, which makes sense...I just have to try it again.) What do you use to control mold? I talked to Bergonzi and he said drinking two ounces twice a day is fine and anymore just triggers too much detox, do you agree? Thanks.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: January 10, 2015 07:40PM

"I talked to Bergonzi and he said drinking two ounces twice a day is fine and anymore just triggers too much detox, do you agree? Thanks."

Maybe he was just referring to those who are new to wheat grass juice. I saw a lecture of his on YouTube and he said drinking more than 2 ounces was wasting it but I don't see the logic in that. I find it hard to believe that more than two ounces trigger too much of a detox, I've had big green juices (28-30 oz.) that contained about 4 ounces of wheatgrass and the rest consisting of sunflower greens and broccoli sprouts that didn't trigger detox effects, and that's obviously more potent than a 2 oz. wheatgrass shot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2015 07:40PM by jtprindl.

Date: January 11, 2015 08:41AM

Tai Wrote:
> RawPracticalist wrote:
> drinking wheatgrass, barley grass twice a day.
>
> Tai:
> What type of barley do you use? There are a few
> varieties out there. Any comment between kamut vs
> hard red winter wheat? I stopped drinking grass
> juice when I vomited recently after drinking rye
> grass juice. I noticed there was some mold on the
> bottom of some berries and I got grossed out after
> reading Panchito's posts about molds. (but TSM
> told me to eat fruit after, which makes sense...I
> just have to try it again.) What do you use to
> control mold? I talked to Bergonzi and he said
> drinking two ounces twice a day is fine and
> anymore just triggers too much detox, do you
> agree? Thanks.

I grow wheatgrass, spelt grass, and barley grass. I alternate between the juices. I may drink barley grass juice in the morning and wheatgrass in the evening. I do not know what variety of barley grass. I buy barley on Amazon, the other seeds are easily available at the local health food store.

[www.amazon.com]

I use hard winter wheat. I may try kamut. Every grass has something unique.

I do not have a problem with mold, it may be an issue with room temperature or the soil you use. I do not have an issue with detox even when I drink 4 ounces . I guess it may be that I mostly eat fruit and drink micro green juices. You also have to keep the green juices in the mouth for some minutes to help with digestion. The other aspect to consider is that you have to exercise. When the body can sweat it is easier to assimilate high nutrient foods.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2015 08:45AM by RawPracticalist.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables