Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Norman W. Walker - his real age
Posted by: Geometrica ()
Date: December 21, 2006 09:03AM

Hi there,

just found this:

[arizonagravestones.org]

This should end the confusion as to how old he really got.

I would still consider 99 to be a "ripe old age",

so he must have done something right, right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Norman W. Walker - his real age
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 21, 2006 09:21AM

It's too bad we can't lock people up in a metabolic ward for life. We'd have all the answers.

As it stands we have only questions, evidence of varying degrees of probability, and gut hunches.

It amazes me how many different opinions exist regarding nutrition. It's also distressing that the quality of most nutritional research is so low. We can torture rats to the nth degree to determine one thing and then somebody else will turn around and do an opposing study with contradictory results.

I am pretty certain that raw fats are better than cooked ones, a lot of raw f+v is better than a little (or gasp: none), and that lower fat and protein are better than higher, provided that minimal needs are met, and that higher fiber is better than lower, to a degree.

But it will take the mainstream community a while to admit all of these things. I think that many of the experts already know, but it takes time for things to become part of the dogma, especially when there is a profit motive and there are massive egos i(and repuations) involved.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: December 21, 2006 04:44PM

Who is Norman Walker?

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: December 22, 2006 05:39PM

There was a man in (I think cuba) who was 125 years old this past year. It seems that people lucky enough to live over 105 years old often come from foreign countries. Maybe their live styles are healthier than ours. I know the 125 year old man did not marry and never had kids.. maybe that is the secret. Ha ha ha! Just kiddin!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 22, 2006 06:38PM

sunshine79 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who is Norman Walker?

One of the early pioneers of the raw food movement. He was mostly into juicing and colon cleansing.
[www.rawveganbooks.com]
He is the creator of the Norwalk juicer still the best juicer on the market

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables