Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Tavis Explains the Conductivity Diet (new video)
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 02, 2015 06:35AM

oh my god, this is classic prindl pretending to be nice but not...keep em coming !!

With all due respect, you're making yourself out to look like a complete fool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 06:36AM by fresh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 02, 2015 06:49AM

good thing you edited your post just in time, you almost forgot the

"Everything you just said was self-absorbed and/or delusional. " mantra

whew, that was close.

you wouldn't want anyone to think arugula was sane. can't have that.

it's funny how much of what I say (that actually applies accurately to the post when i say it) you copy and apply it wrongly in some kind of random desperate bashing.

you must really like me. imitation - form of flattery.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: February 02, 2015 07:00AM

For the most part, this is a nice forum but a select group of individuals have the ability to quickly turn this place into a joke. I have no interest in back and forth nonsense - quite frankly never did but still engaged in my fair share. So much dogma, misinformation, close-mindedness, ego, etc. If people want to believe super foods are fake or ineffective or not proven, that you must be low-fat high fruit, etc., so be it. Forgive me but I couldn't care less about the opinions of those who think a 2,000+ year old medicine system which has healed countless individuals from all kinds of disease, is worthless. The longevity, scientific research, and testimonials align with each other and the conclusion is enormous health benefits.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: February 02, 2015 07:12AM

With all due respect to Dan McDonald and Tavis, I am just going to share one story. I am sure Tavis has a lot of experience with oils and I don't mean to discredit that with my story. Just sharing.

I told you about my friend who became emaciated on the raw vegan diet. He started out on high fruit and wrecked his teeth. I am not going to blame fruit per se, because he never followed anything like nutridiary the way Doug Graham recommends, especially to monitor caloric and protein needs, etc. Nevertheless, in his weakened and shrunken state, he developed an aversion to sweet fruit. He would make sour vegan nut yogurt just to eat some fruit, bite by bite, so the culture would digest the sugar. No one told him to stop eating fruit. He himself just couldn't take it anymore. So my poor friend, who so desperately wanted to stay all raw vegan, would try to find other ways to stay raw. When I would bring him over some food, I would walk in and find him eating coconut oil with a piece of bar chocolate or a single orange slice dipped into tahini (roasted and dehulled, so less calcium--he would always forget it wasn't raw) or just brazil nuts. My sweet friend didn't grasp that these foods were not providing him with the necessary protein and calcium his body so desperately needed. Before long, I saw a whole gallon of coconut oil GONE. He could still tell people he was raw vegan, but at what price? He was not any stronger and his bones were still weak.

I know some people here use coconut oil for conversion. I am not criticizing that. I am saying that here was an underweight man who was using oil for calories to stay raw and paying a steep price in malnutrition. Why did he use oil? Because it required no prep work and it was instant food when he was famished.

I have gone to a lot of raw vegan restaurants whose chefs are not nutritionists and they use a lot of oil. I can't take my friend to those because in his case, it's like empty calories. At his advanced age, he doesn't have a big capacity to eat, so every bite counts.

in any case, I still respect Tavis. I find his use of oils intriguing. Perhaps there are a lot of lipase enzymes in some of the oils he uses? And also, I will bring up Dr. [sic] Schulze here, who used oil flushes (along with juices and herbs) for the gallbladder with great success. I myself never tried that, but I have read a lot about it. I remain open to learning more about internal oil therapy.

Date: February 02, 2015 08:36AM

Tai:

Sure, a higher fat diet will mean a lower nutrient - calorie ratio, but that doesn't have to be a problem when one focusses on nutrition first and then the fats second. If one eats lots of sprouted seeds, does lots of juicing of FRESH greens, has algaes [for a top up] and then brings in other foods around this, one has no need to worry about deficiencies despite the nutrient - calorie ratio being much lower. But that is the thing, we need to get people focussed on good balanced nutrition first.

Such a sad story about your friend consuming that gallon of coconut oil. This all raw or nothing can be so harmful if one is not aware of nutrition and balance.

One thing that makes me wonder about Tavis is where he gets his nutrition from. He talks about chlorella, but what foods does he eat to get this nutrition, and is it balanced? He doesn't seem to emphasise FRESH foods much of the time either. Anyway, he seems to be doing a good job, but his ways are certainly not my way, however many of his ideas behind the tonics are also done by myself in my own special way - the astringents, the salt, the extremely important grounding etc. I also like how he combines various foods for certain effects, such clever strategy.

I was going to raise a very important point to finish off but l have forgotten. Later. Oh yes, l remember now...l love how he mentions about the human body not being able to utilise much of the electrical frequency from raw foods because of conductivity blockages. That is SPOT ON!!! I've been through it, tavis talks about it and Gabriel Cousens talks about it,and sometimes the power of a raw diet (especially a living foods diet) is too much to handle and it takes a long time and cleansing to be able to utilise the frequency from the foods. Sometimes the energies are so concentrated in the foods that you lose power and need to change the diet for a short time to get a more balanced overall frequency energy. See, diets can change week to week during the adjustment period....it must be properly customised for specific periods in one's life. Custom diets are the way. Bravo Tavis, he knows stuff.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 08:43AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: February 02, 2015 12:03PM

I don't understand what this story is supposed to bring to light. Tavis says in the video that he eats fruit. He also says that he's careful about what fruit he chooses to eat. In no way does he say that all fruit consumption should be stopped.

Tai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With all due respect to Dan McDonald and Tavis, I
> am just going to share one story. I am sure Tavis
> has a lot of experience with oils and I don't mean
> to discredit that with my story. Just sharing.
>
> I told you about my friend who became emaciated on
> the raw vegan diet. He started out on high fruit
> and wrecked his teeth. I am not going to blame
> fruit per se, because he never followed anything
> like nutridiary the way Doug Graham recommends,
> especially to monitor caloric and protein needs,
> etc. Nevertheless, in his weakened and shrunken
> state, he developed an aversion to sweet fruit.
> He would make sour vegan nut yogurt just to eat
> some fruit, bite by bite, so the culture would
> digest the sugar. No one told him to stop eating
> fruit. He himself just couldn't take it anymore.
> So my poor friend, who so desperately wanted to
> stay all raw vegan, would try to find other ways
> to stay raw. When I would bring him over some
> food, I would walk in and find him eating coconut
> oil with a piece of bar chocolate or a single
> orange slice dipped into tahini (roasted and
> dehulled, so less calcium--he would always forget
> it wasn't raw) or just brazil nuts. My sweet
> friend didn't grasp that these foods were not
> providing him with the necessary protein and
> calcium his body so desperately needed. Before
> long, I saw a whole gallon of coconut oil GONE.
> He could still tell people he was raw vegan, but
> at what price? He was not any stronger and his
> bones were still weak.
>
> I know some people here use coconut oil for
> conversion. I am not criticizing that. I am saying
> that here was an underweight man who was using oil
> for calories to stay raw and paying a steep price
> in malnutrition. Why did he use oil? Because it
> required no prep work and it was instant food when
> he was famished.
>
> I have gone to a lot of raw vegan restaurants
> whose chefs are not nutritionists and they use a
> lot of oil. I can't take my friend to those
> because in his case, it's like empty calories. At
> his advanced age, he doesn't have a big capacity
> to eat, so every bite counts.
>
> in any case, I still respect Tavis. I find his
> use of oils intriguing. Perhaps there are a lot
> of lipase enzymes in some of the oils he uses?
> And also, I will bring up Dr. Schulze here, who
> used oil flushes (along with juices and herbs) for
> the gallbladder with great success. I myself
> never tried that, but I have read a lot about it.
> I remain open to learning more about internal oil
> therapy.

Date: February 02, 2015 12:27PM

But Tai tells good stories though. Lots of people love a good story, and this story gives us a warning not to get too extreme and dumb about stuff. A lot of people go too extreme for their body's needs and they pay the price. The moral of the story is that we need to use our common sense, have an awareness so we can recognise symptoms and then do something about it. Idealist dreams don't always work. Common sense can be our friend when we have awareness.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 02, 2015 02:24PM

I have posted this delicious recipe of Tavis' before. I am posting it again for those who haven't tried it yet and are really interested in understanding how far along Tavis actually is in his understanding of food as medicine. This dish will afford you a good idea of that if you give it a try.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: February 02, 2015 02:39PM

fresh-"so nothing about the video?"

prindl--"Nah".

Pringle won't publicly say anything bad about Tavis's video even though he doesn't agree some things. There is an uneasy and fragile alliance between TSM, Pringle, Zeus/Hera and powerlifer(when he was here).

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: February 02, 2015 02:48PM

<<<There is an uneasy and fragile alliance between TSM, Pringle, Zeus/Hera and powerlifer(when he was here).>>>

Hey Anon 102,

You nailed it - very perceptive!

At the 1:33 MM in this video, Tavis says, "and to be able to find peace and calm."

ZeuS is NOT a very good representation of what this diet claims to do assuming that ZeuS is really who they claim to be.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: February 02, 2015 03:53PM

Anon 102 Wrote:
> fresh-"so nothing about the video?"
>
> prindl--"Nah".
>
>
> Pringle won't publicly say anything bad about
> Tavis's video even though he doesn't agree some
> things. There is an uneasy and fragile alliance
> between TSM, Pringle, Zeus/Hera and
> powerlifer(when he was here).

I didn't watch the video at all because YouTube freezes my computer unless I copy and paste the link and enter it into a website that plays YouTube URL's.

Date: February 02, 2015 04:12PM

I'm interested in Dan MacDonald's contention that adding fat to his diet has helped him remain 100% while low-fat die-hards have started eating cooked foods that are filled with gluten.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: February 02, 2015 04:49PM

JTP--"I didn't watch the video at all because YouTube freezes my computer unless I copy and paste the link and enter it into a website that plays YouTube URL's."

Ok Jt, I hear you.

Date: February 02, 2015 04:59PM

<<<I'm interested in Dan MacDonald's contention that adding fat to his diet has helped him remain 100% while low-fat die-hards have started eating cooked foods that are filled with gluten.>>>

One reason might be because when you eat as much FAT as is in Tavis's meals, your stomach is full of FAT all day and you never get those all gone feelings of False Hunger.

Here is one of my Posts that illustrate my point...

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: Tavis Bradley: 20 Year Raw Vegan
Posted by: John Rose
Date: April 20, 2013 10:24AM

<<<I don't mean bad, I apologiozed, but his voice (saliva) sounds oily or dehydrated at times. looks like he is in to Tao (nothing wrong)>>>

The very first thing I noticed other than the oily skin which someone else has pointed out was the Vertical Lines between the Eyebrows, which according to Michio Kushi in “Your Face Never Lies,” are a sign of a Bad Liver and Gallbladder. When I watched his Video about his diet, I was taken aback by him eating 400 grams a Fat a Day!!!

My God, we can only process 8 to 12 grams of Fat an hour, which explains why he only eats 1 meal a day and if he were to eat more than one meal a day, he would have major digestive issues. Even at one meal a day it’s questionable whether or not he’s able to process the amount of Fat he’s eating from all of those Oils that are NOT Nutrient Dense!!!

400 divided by 12 = 33.33 hours

Now I realize that the 8 to 12 grams of Fat an hour may not apply to Raw Fat, but in this case, I really don’t think that it matters, unless the body adapts over time which I know it does. As Herbert Shelton says, the more we eat of anything the better our body gets at dealing with it. But nonetheless, the result of eating 400 grams of FAT every day is going to stress our Liver and Gallbladder!!!

Another issue are those 3 Avocados that he’s eating and Avocados tend to be a little gooey and don’t go through our pipes very easily, but perhaps the 1 and 1/3 cup of Oil that he adds throughout the day might help it slide on out.

Anyway, here are my notes from Michio Kushi’s book “Your Face Never Lies”:

“Vertical lines between the eyes indicate problems with the liver and gall bladder. Below the liver area, on either side of the nose, is the area corresponding to the spleen and pancreas – and, because these organs are complementary to the stomach, also corresponding to the stomach. The green colour often found in this region indicates problems with the stomach and spleen.” Michio Kushi, “Your Face Never Lies” p. 16

“Vertical lines such as those above the nose, between the eyebrows, are caused by an excess of yang food in the diet. These lines are a sign of a bad liver.” Michio Kushi, “Your Face Never Lies” p. 17

Peace and Love..........John
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: February 02, 2015 05:15PM

HH Wrote:
> I'm interested in Dan MacDonald's contention that
> adding fat to his diet has helped him remain 100%
> while low-fat die-hards have started eating cooked
> foods that are filled with gluten.

Do you mean low-fat die-hards who say things like this? ...

"In addition to the above, COOKING our FOOD is the Fall of Mankind because FIRE destroys 1 of our Senses" ...

Maybe that poster understands himself better than it seems. Note the last sentence of the following quote ...

"Indeed, the phrase "Cooked Food is Poison" strikes a nerve in all those who Eat Cooked Food!

Why is this reality so hard to accept?

Addictions and Denial are the main reasons, but we cannot forget the role Ignorance plays in this equation."

Date: February 02, 2015 05:32PM

ZeuS the @#$%& wrote:

<<<Do you mean low-fat die-hards who say things like this?>>>

I don't Eat Low Fat nor do I advocate it.

Indeed, your comprehension skills leave much to be desired.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 05:32PM by John Rose.

Date: February 02, 2015 05:43PM

John Rose Wrote:
> ZeuS the @#$%& wrote:
>
> <<>>
>
> I don't Eat Low Fat nor do I advocate it.
>
> Indeed, your comprehension skills leave much to be
> desired.

It's all relative.

Why choose cooked quinoa at every meal and Essene bread to stave off the urge to binge rather than upping raw vegan fats if you seriously believe eating cooked food is the "FALL of MANKIND"?

Date: February 02, 2015 05:54PM

<<<Why choose cooked quinoa at every meal and Essene bread to stave off the urge to binge rather than upping raw vegan fats if you seriously believe eating cooked food is the "FALL of MANKIND"?>>>

I don't Eat "cooked quinoa at every meal and Essene bread to stave off the urge to binge."

Once again, your comprehension skills leave much to be desired.

Date: February 02, 2015 06:15PM

If not at every meal, how often do you eat cooked?

John Rose Wrote:
> <<>>
>
> I don't Eat "cooked quinoa at every meal and
> Essene bread to stave off the urge to binge."
>
> Once again, your comprehension skills leave much
> to be desired.

Date: February 02, 2015 06:51PM

ZeuS the @#$%& wrote:

<<<Why choose cooked quinoa at every meal and Essene bread to stave off the urge to binge rather than upping raw vegan fats if you seriously believe eating cooked food is the "FALL of MANKIND"?>>>

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Once again, I don't Eat Cooked Food and I don't Eat "cooked quinoa at every meal and Essene bread to stave off the urge to binge" and that post you quoted from was written by Shiji and not by me.

Date: February 02, 2015 07:38PM

"The very first thing I noticed other than the oily skin which someone else has pointed out was the Vertical Lines between the Eyebrows, which according to Michio Kushi in “Your Face Never Lies,” are a sign of a Bad Liver and Gallbladder."

Michio Kushi - another person who would be probably rolling over in his grave if he knew what purpose his book was being put to as exampled by rose's above post.

Tavis' brother, who was also raised as a fruitarian also has that line on his forehead that john hitler was a good guy rose harps on.

Tavis' face looks oily because he uses coconut oil on his skin.

Date: February 02, 2015 08:02PM

SueZ wrote:
Tavis' face looks oily because he uses coconut oil on his skin.

Tai:
Whenever I make fresh mature coconut milk and drink it daily for a few days, I feel it come out on my skin and even in my lips. I feel like I am wearing super light lipgloss. It is awesome.
I blend up the coconut meat with water and pour through a nutmilk bag. I squeeze out and blend a second time with fresh new water. this way I make sure to get out as much as I can, because I take the pulp and feed it to my worms in the worm farm. I don't try to eat it, although I have made coconut yogurt with it in the past, to help break it down, because otherwise it's hard to chew and digest.

THis coconut milk is very rich and fatty, so I usually make a nice fruit salad with chia. I heard some people not like to mix fruit and fat, but somehow it works for me.
Young thai coconuts also help my skin, but the mature coconuts seem even better.

Date: February 02, 2015 08:29PM

Tai Wrote:
> SueZ wrote:
> Tavis' face looks oily because he uses coconut
> oil on his skin.
>
> Tai:
> Whenever I make fresh mature coconut milk and
> drink it daily for a few days, I feel it come out
> on my skin and even in my lips. I feel like I am
> wearing super light lipgloss. It is awesome.
> I blend up the coconut meat with water and pour
> through a nutmilk bag. I squeeze out and blend a
> second time with fresh new water. this way I make
> sure to get out as much as I can, because I take
> the pulp and feed it to my worms in the worm farm.
> I don't try to eat it, although I have made
> coconut yogurt with it in the past, to help break
> it down, because otherwise it's hard to chew and
> digest.
>
> THis coconut milk is very rich and fatty, so I
> usually make a nice fruit salad with chia. I
> heard some people not like to mix fruit and fat,
> but somehow it works for me.
> Young thai coconuts also help my skin, but the
> mature coconuts seem even better.

Tai, firstly, thank you for your post above this one.

I recently told someone who sent a PM to me that if they stayed around here long enough they would find that a high fat raw vegan diet is probably the most hated diet on this site. It's probably even hated more than the SAD diet. I seriously think I am not the only one on the Conductivity Diet but I doubt, after seeing what goes on here, they will ever publically post.

Mature coconuts have just once again become available in my local and I just picked up 3 of them. Thanks for the tip -I will drink the water out of them for the next three days and see what happens.

I have been so looking forward to trying raw mature coconut milk! It's been years since they were last available around me. I though maybe the craze for young coconuts might mean never being able get the mature ones again.

Date: February 02, 2015 08:41PM

SueZ,
If you want to use the coconut meat from the mature coconuts, you need a special coconut tool. John Kohler sells the tool, but I bought it somewhere cheaper for a bundle price. You need the tool...it is like the difference of hours, when you are going through a few coconuts. One coconut might last one person 2-3 days, but I often make food for several guests. The tool makes it fun. No tool and it is drudgery.

Date: February 02, 2015 09:21PM

question: aren't all the oils tavis uses cooked?

Date: February 02, 2015 09:57PM

Tai Wrote:
> SueZ,
> If you want to use the coconut meat from the
> mature coconuts, you need a special coconut tool.
> John Kohler sells the tool, but I bought it
> somewhere cheaper for a bundle price. You need
> the tool...it is like the difference of hours,
> when you are going through a few coconuts. One
> coconut might last one person 2-3 days, but I
> often make food for several guests. The tool
> makes it fun. No tool and it is drudgery.

Thanks Tai. I've got a lot of experience with opening mature coconuts. Decades before going raw I prepared and ate mostly Indian food. It only takes me a few minutes to process a mature coconut. After drinking the water I break the coconut in half with a hammer, break those pieces into a few more pieces, and lift out the coconut meat with a butter knife. Then, (what I did with one a few days ago when I was in a hurry and didn't have time to make coconut milk), it goes straight into my single auger juicer and then into the dehydrator.

I've found it easier now to open them than in the old days when they were sold with a routed out line that was supposed to make it easier to open them. That was never a good idea, IMO.

Date: February 02, 2015 10:06PM

I'll have to buy John Kohler's tool, l bought three nice coconuts yesterday. In the mean time l will have them with fermented walnut sprouts and soaked almonds.

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: February 03, 2015 01:19AM

After watching a few of his recent videos, I really enjoy tavis' energy. Dsn however doesn't seem to be doing too well imo. His skin doesn't look radiant and appears to have trouble speaking at times. Too much fasting? What do you guys think?

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 03, 2015 02:48AM

SueZ Wrote:
> Tavis' brother, who was also raised as a
> fruitarian also has that line on his forehead

In a previous thread you said that the eyebrow line was from an accident. Was his brother also on an accident?

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Panchito:

noticed the big line between eyebrows- sign of liver problems

SueZ answer:

Panchito, are you aware that he was hit on a freeway by a car going full speed and went through that car's windshield head first? Shame on you.

related:

[www.liversupport.com]

1. Between the Eyes – The area between the eyebrows relates to the condition of the liver. A vertical line between the eyebrows may indicate liver problems, ranging from dietary concerns to emotional issues. Evidenced by a crease in the forehead’s center, excessive fat in the diet or food intolerances can negatively impact the liver. In addition, the liver is the organ that holds anger – and can be injured from rage. A precursor to congestion in the liver, a deep frown line is frequently found on those who either suppress their anger or get angry quickly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2015 03:02AM by Panchito.

Date: February 03, 2015 03:38AM

Panchito Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Tavis' brother, who was also raised as a
> > fruitarian also has that line on his forehead
>
>
> In a previous thread you said that the eyebrow
> line was from an accident. Was his brother also on
> an accident?
>
> [www.rawfoodsupport.com]
> 0761#msg-240761
>
> Panchito:
>
> noticed the big line between eyebrows- sign of
> liver problems
>
> SueZ answer:
>
> Panchito, are you aware that he was hit on a
> freeway by a car going full speed and went through
> that car's windshield head first? Shame on you.
>
>
> related:
>
> [www.liversupport.com]
> -facial-liver-health-clues/
>
> 1. Between the Eyes – The area between the
> eyebrows relates to the condition of the liver. A
> vertical line between the eyebrows may indicate
> liver problems, ranging from dietary concerns to
> emotional issues. Evidenced by a crease in the
> forehead’s center, excessive fat in the diet or
> food intolerances can negatively impact the liver.
> In addition, the liver is the organ that holds
> anger – and can be injured from rage. A
> precursor to congestion in the liver, a deep frown
> line is frequently found on those who either
> suppress their anger or get angry quickly.

I was wrong about his accident being the cause of that line as I found out recently when I ran across a picture of him and his brother together.

Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables