Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sensual Eating
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 23, 2006 11:57PM

Hi all

I find I can't actually eat much fruit. Now don't all get at me at once. I was a high fruit/ low fat eater for years (17 - and no please no comments that I must have been doing it wrong - I ate loads, mono meals and maximum fat intake was half an avocado a day at best) and then I got sick and just stopped being able to eat fruit.

I succumbed to an apple earlier this week as I just love fruit so much and yep, just like usual, straight through me. Stewed apple poo! (That's what it looked like - I did eat the apple raw) Sorry I must seem obsessed with my poo.

Anyway, doing the raw food thing without fruit just seems so boring to me. I like my food to be sensual, fruit is sensual to me and salads and sprouts just aren't.

What do the other raw food (but not fruitarian) people do to make their food more sensual?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sensual Eating
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 24, 2006 12:02AM

>Now don't all get at me at once. I was a high fruit/ low fat eater for
>years (17 - and no please no comments that I must have been doing it wrong

smiling smiley

Some people have a fructose intolerance. You might be one of them. It might be associated with gluten intolerance. In that case you have no choice but to go with higher fat/protein and other sugar types (glucose, etc.).

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 24, 2006 12:37AM

The man to talk to if you want to overcome fruit eating difficulties is Dr Doug Graham. If you really want this, you can get a private consultation, which will be expensive, but he ought to be able to help you. By the way, 1/2 an avo a day every day is too much fat according to DrD, unless you are eating 3000 calories or more a day and having the physical activity to warrant such a high caloric intake.

One of the testimonials in Doug's new book "The 80/10/10 Diet" by Janie talked about how she started with just 10% overt fats (which meant her diet was probably more like 15%-20% fat), and how she had great improvements when she got her totally fat down to under 10%. A lot of people don't realize that fruit, even something like watermelon, has fat in it, and counts against the 10% fat. Again, in his program, 10% is a max. Better is less than 10% fat.

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: December 24, 2006 01:56AM

Foods that are sensual to me have flavours that dance in my mouth and make me go Mmmmm!! also foods that make me feel warm inside like raw porridge.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: December 26, 2006 05:59PM

mangogirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi all
>
> I find I can't actually eat much fruit. Now don't
> all get at me at once. I was a high fruit/ low fat
> eater for years (17 - and no please no comments
> that I must have been doing it wrong - I ate
> loads, mono meals and maximum fat intake was half
> an avocado a day at best) and then I got sick and
> just stopped being able to eat fruit.
>

Really?? That's fascinating. I wonder why that happened???

Please keep posting here - if you've been on a raw diet for 17 years your input & experiences could be very beneficial to us all!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2006 05:59PM by sunshine79.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables