Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Staying warm in winter
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: February 06, 2015 04:06PM

Don't know about you, but it's pretty chilly here in Scotland right now!

Here's a blog I wrote recently with some tips if you're struggling to stay warm on a raw food diet through the winter:

[rawfoodscotland.co.uk]

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Staying warm in winter
Date: February 06, 2015 04:27PM

Good article Lisa.

Having the food at room temperiture is very important, if it is too cold it makes the body too cold and takes too long to recover from it.

The best food to make one immune from the cold in my experience is to have 8 oz of chia grass juice about 6 days per week. It can't be chia sprouts, it needs to be chia grass juice (hard work). Having ginger everyday helps too.

When drinking water it should be slightly heated to take the chill off or else the body goes into shock and you might shiver uncontrollably for 30 minutes after. I never used to heat my water, but now l do and it is much better (lukewarm). Like you said, having cold watermelon is a big no no too.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2015 04:29PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: February 06, 2015 04:31PM

Thank for the info but the question is: does the eating of hot spices imply that the body will be warm? It could just be a short term effect in the mouth. The body will generate the required heat when it is healthy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2015 04:34PM by CommonSenseRaw.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: February 06, 2015 04:46PM

Migrating with the seasons works a treat. It's really self-abuse to stay in the Northern climes during the winter, the body needs naked Sun/Light exposure the year round to be truly healthy...

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 06, 2015 05:02PM

One way to quickly warm your veggies from the fridge is to fill a large bowl with hot water from the tap, and place your veggies in that water until they warm up.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: February 07, 2015 05:40PM

thanks for the extra tips everyone!
Nunativs, ohhhh I wish I could follow the sun! I'm going to Mexico for a couple of weeks soon so that will help a bit, but really I need lifelong sunshine, not just 2 weeks' worth smoking smiley

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables