Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: coconut oil raises blood sugar
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 14, 2015 01:19AM

>>>What is it with people changing arguments around here (not just this thread) when their initial one or two arguments are debunked - just admit you have a bias and an unwillingness/too much ego to entertain the possibility that you are wrong and move on.

you're right, better to avoid like you when you terminated the superfoods discussion when it became apparent that you were between a rock and a hard place and would have had to admit that regular F and V fight cancer..

anyway....as i said above, provide polynesian links supporting your statements showing their health status- i can't find any other than above.

.......... improve the ability to transport oxygen - by decreasing saturated fats role in reducing the ability of blood to transport and delivery oxygen to working tissues, thereby reducing functional and exercise capacity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 01:27AM by fresh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: February 14, 2015 01:29AM

"you're right, better to avoid like you when you terminated the superfoods discussion when it became apparent that you were between a rock and a hard place and would have had to admit that regular F and V fight cancer.."

Complete fabrication of the truth and the exact opposite of what happened. The people you spoke of may have changed their diet to a mostly fruit and vegetable diet but that doesn't mean they weren't using large amounts of supplements such as herbal and super food remedies on the side. This is why I stopped responding to your posts and will continue to do so after this post.

"anyway....as i said above, provide polynesian links supporting your statements showing their health status- i can't find any other than above."

Why would I? My only point was they eat large amounts of coconut and have very low rates of cardiovascular disease, contrary to the popular belief that coconut promotes cardiovascular disease.

Sayonara.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 01:30AM by jtprindl.

Date: February 14, 2015 01:33AM

jtprindl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"
>
> Complete fabrication of the truth and the exact
> opposite of what happened. The people you spoke of
> may have changed their diet to a mostly fruit and
> vegetable diet but that doesn't mean they weren't
> using large amounts of supplements such as herbal
> and super food remedies on the side. This is why I
> stopped responding to your posts and will continue
> to do so after this post.

you're making stuff up again.

and you must also think that there are no antioxidants or any cancer fighters in regular fruits and vegetables.

>
> "anyway....as i said above, provide polynesian
> links supporting your statements showing their
> health status- i can't find any other than
> above."
>
> Why would I? My only point was they eat large
> amounts of coconut and have very low rates of
> cardiovascular disease, contrary to the popular
> belief that coconut promotes cardiovascular
> disease.
>

you have got to be kidding me. that's all you have?

quantification might be nice - the rest of the diet might be nice.
ALL health factors might be nice.

fragmented view of nutrition.

> Sayonara.

predictable avoidance when confronted with uncomfortable facts.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 01:42AM by fresh.

Date: February 14, 2015 02:15AM

"Complete fabrication of the truth and the exact
opposite of what happened"

One of the most destructive and disturbing narcissistic personality disorder traits is a severe lack of accountability. This is in fact one of the most powerful warnings that you are dealing with an individual who has Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

How do you know when you’re dealing with this narcissistic personality disorder trait?

This narcissistic personality disorder trait shows up when this person never admits being wrong. It was not their fault, someone else was to blame, and they will employ all sorts of tactics and defences to avoid being accountable.

Let’s look at what some of the defences and tactics of this narcissistic personality disorder trait

• Avoidance:Refusing to recognise or acknowledge the incident as real or important to you

• Excuses: Making up stories or reasons for the behaviour that are not genuine or valid excuses

• Accusations:Blaming someone else for the wrongdoing

• False Apology: Saying a ‘sorry’ that is not a genuine apology, and expecting you to accept it

• Confusion: Creating antics over trivial points in the conversation to shift and confuse the focus

• Projection: Stating ‘what you did wrong’ regarding the particular topic by using ammunition from the past that has nothing to do with the present incident

• Using Allies:Quoting people real or imagined to back their ‘story’ of excuses, or to discredit you

• Shutting down: Unwilling to have the conversation or abandoning the sceneto avoid scrutiny

• Shifting Focus:Responding with displeasure to your body language or the tone of your voice to steer the conversation away from the wrongdoing

• Persecution confused smileytating how bad your accusations are, and what a terrible person you are to accuse

• Denialconfused smileytating that it was incidents in your past, and your fears and insecurities which causes you to make these accusations

• Discrediting: Stating that you are such a negative person and always look for the ‘conspiracy theory’ in your conversations

• Threatening: Citing abandonment or punishment if you continue with the accusation

• Entitlement: Demanding that you recognise the positive things they have done for you, andthat its unfair for you to focus on the negatives

• Lying: Stating they did grant explanation, reassurance, or did do the credible thing when these actions were not forthcoming

• Condemnation: Continuing the story of “I did do the right thing” and then being incensed at you for calling them a liar

• Justification: Stating ‘I did it’ because of your behaviour and because you make me do these things

• Triggering: Using a maiming comment related or unrelated to incite you to anger and shift blame

• Competition: Stating all the things that they are not happy about with you, as a ‘tit for tat’ retaliation, rather than addressing the issue at hand

The narcissistic personality disorder trait no accountability is incredibly disturbing. When confronted with some or many of these tactics you will feel incredibly invalidated, confused, foggy and unsafe. When dealing with this narcissistic personality disorder trait you will feel that the harder you try to get this person to take responsibility and accountability, the more toxic the conversation becomes. This person will use any tools in their arsenal such gaslighting and projecting to make sure they do not have to admit fault.

When dealing with someone with narcissistic personality disorder traitsit is important to realise that this person does not have remorse and no matter how hard you try they are not capable of admitting they are wrong. Instead of trying to fight for justice and get accountability from the narcissist, accept that their behaviour is due to their disorder and consider using boundaries or implementing no contact – whereby you remove all forms of contact with this person.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 14, 2015 02:47AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> "you're right, better to avoid like you when you
> terminated the superfoods discussion when it
> became apparent that you were between a rock and a
> hard place and would have had to admit that
> regular F and V fight cancer.."
>
> Complete fabrication of the truth and the exact
> opposite of what happened. The people you spoke of
> may have changed their diet to a mostly fruit and
> vegetable diet but that doesn't mean they weren't
> using large amounts of supplements such as herbal
> and super food remedies on the side. This is why I
> stopped responding to your posts and will continue
> to do so after this post.
>
> "anyway....as i said above, provide polynesian
> links supporting your statements showing their
> health status- i can't find any other than
> above."
>
> Why would I? My only point was they eat large
> amounts of coconut and have very low rates of
> cardiovascular disease, contrary to the popular
> belief that coconut promotes cardiovascular
> disease.
>
> Sayonara.

Well for once fresh agrees with you. He said ...

"Instead of trying to fight for justice and get accountability from the narcissist, accept that their behaviour is due to their disorder and consider using boundaries or implementing no contact – whereby you remove all forms of contact with this person."

Saying Sayonara to the narcissist is exactly what he recommends to do with people such as him. There you go - straight from the horse's mouth.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: February 14, 2015 02:50AM

TSM wrote:

<<<Is it a gift or just a delusion?>>>

It’s a Gift!

In 8th grade, I was tested at College Level Math, so before I even entered into Level 1, I was already at Level 4. In High School, I made 100s on every Algebra test I ever took and I never had to study.

Interestingly, I was called down to the Principal's office to be informed that I was given a Gift and I was told not to waste it. So when I came out of the Principal's office, I asked myself, why have I been given this Gift, and I immediately answered myself and said, TO HELP PEOPLE!!!

When I found Raw Food and Fasting over 24 years ago, I finally realized how I was going to use my Gift to help people and as a result, I have created a very special teaching tool that uses Knowledge in a way that has never been seen before.

So by every definition, I am a Gifted Pattern Assimilator and in NO way am I delusional! I truly do see things that most people do NOT see and at times, it drives me CRAZY when most of you guys can NOT see what I see!!!

Date: February 14, 2015 03:08AM

"Saying Sayonara to the narcissist is exactly what he recommends to do with people such as him. There you go - straight from the horse's mouth."

I recently became aware of a nice quote:

"A long time ago I learned not to explain things to people. It misleads them into thinking they're entitled to know everything I do."

I think I'll start implementing this mentality smiling smiley

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: February 14, 2015 04:10AM

food fight...(snore)

Date: February 14, 2015 04:42AM

this is just 24 HOURS of jtprindl's narcissistic rants:

This doesn't support your argument

"A long time ago I learned not to explain things to people. It misleads them into thinking they're entitled to know everything I do."

That article literally has zero relevance to this discussion

I pointed out the flaws in your logic

You are making the same mistake arugula is making and that is you are failing to distinguish.

you are either making things up or lack the ability to logically follow along

That post was chock-full of ignorance but that's not my business or problem

Now you're resorting to the same bogus things you've posted in the past

You're in complete denial and you clearly cannot logically follow the conversation

you give very little reason for anyone to give you responses as you are in complete denial

so will their blindly loyal followers (such as yourself).

In other words, you're just spewing out nonsense.

your opinion is moot.

You don't even know what causes heart disease (inflammation), you just parrot things you read

think your inability to distinguish says volumes about your standards as well as your character

Sounds like you're hurting your brain by eating such low amounts of omega-3's

What N.H. philosophy fails to realize

I've learned not to waste any more time debating with you.

Your level of nutritional knowledge is too low to be able to grasp and understand many things

Prana you are once again showing your biased and inconsistent moderating abilities.

likes to ignore established evidence that doesn't agree with her brainwashed beliefs

fine - you guys can live in the past and I, and many others, will continue to embrace new discoveries.

Oh and as far as arugula knowing more about nutrition than me, yeah that never happened - not even close

This does not have any relevance to your initial claim

study provided evidence for my claims while refuting yours.

By the way, what type of education do you have in nutrition?

Okay so really not much at all - got it.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 14, 2015 04:55AM

I think it's time for him to exit the stage and pollute the paleo boards. There is no contribution from him except for insults and nonsense that he read from paleo people.

Date: February 14, 2015 05:21AM

Living Foods wrote:
"I am surprised that you are aware of the benefits of the sun but unaware of many of the other spiritual things going on behind the scenes."

The things you speak of are vague and cannot be proven, I'd prefer to focus on that which IS...

Unarguable Phenomena

The sun is a reliable "unarguable" phenomenon. It cannot be bought or sold or corrupted. It shines on worms, bugs, white people, black people, plants, germans and jews. It does not discriminate. Without an understanding of its power it is relentless and ruthless but if it is understood it can be a large part of our sustenance. It will kill you if you lay on the beach with no cover for several days. It will save you if you direct its rays into a shelter made of mass. It is up to the one who encounters the sun to understand how to encounter its unarguable power and benefit, not die, from it. This is the way of all earth phenomena. We understand... we whisper to them and we find sustenance free for the taking for all people. This is the knowledge of unarguable phenomena we need all people to have. So that all people have everything for free all the time. They do not have to buy the sun. They encounter it. No longer is economy between us and sustenance.

In this scenario, all people are equal in their ability to encounter natural earth phenomena. This is taught and learned. No one can ever take this from you. The economy crashes, you still have the ability to encounter the unarguable phenomena for sustenance. They are always there.They do not make promises they can't keep. They are transparent. They are true. You are the only variable factor of your own sustenance

Date: February 14, 2015 06:35AM

"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed"

Arugula may be correct in one regard, maybe I should exit the stage - this board is too polluted with nonsense and dogma, there's really no point in engaging in conversations with individuals who are unable to entertain new ideas and discoveries because their blinded by ego and bias. Nutrition is my profession, arugula, it is not yours by any stretch of the imagination - and that's okay. I wouldn't have even mentioned it if not for your consistent "I work at a University therefore I'm right and you're wrong, bow down to me" display of unearned arrogance.

Here's a quick recap:

-I have demonstrated that the notion that all high-fat diets are unhealthy simply because they are high in fat is a misguided and flawed idea based upon a severe lack of distinction. For example, anyone who knows anything about nutrition and disease knows that heart disease is caused by inflammation. Given this fact, studying groups of people eating highly inflammatory cooked animal products and not even acknowledging their omega-3 to omega-6 ratios (excessive omega-6's are highly inflammatory), yet proceeding to place blame on fat in general anyways, is extremely misleading. Does that stop the low-fat police from acting as if these studies have any relevance to high-fat raw vegan diets with a healthy omega-3 to omega-6 ratio? Of course not! I have also demonstrated that saturated fat, especially from coconuts, does not cause heart disease, and many of the myriad of heavily proven health benefits of extra-virgin olive oil. Arugula claims to eat 20-25% fat, I wouldn't necessarily call that low-fat, especially for women who have much higher conversion rates of ALA to EPA/DHA than men. Claiming that there is a "one fits all" diet when everyone has different genes, different levels of stress, lives in different areas of the world, different levels of physical activity, different dietary strategies, etc. is absurd.

-I have demonstrated that a wide variety of phytochemicals (such as resveratrol, curcumin, B-glucans, phycocyanin) from a wide variety of superfoods and superherbs (such as goji, reishi, turmeric, algae's) have a long history of well-documented, scientifically proven health benefits and possess significant healing properties. Does it matter to the nonbelievers? Of course not!

Here are some more interesting studies:

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - "In conclusion, consumption of approximately 50-100 g (approximately 1.5-3.5 servings) of nuts > or = 5 times/wk as part of a heart-healthy diet with total fat content (high in mono- and/or polyunsaturated fatty acids) of approximately 35% of energy may significantly decrease total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol in normo- and hyperlipidemic individuals."

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - "Nut consumption increased OA and MUFA content of the serum phospholipid fraction, which was inversely associated with CHD risk factors and 10-year CHD risk." (50-100g/daily)

Anyways, don't take life so seriously, being happy is the most important thing above all.

Date: February 14, 2015 06:44AM

jtprindl Wrote:

here we go, more narcissism. let's count them.

1> "Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth
> because they don't want their illusions
> destroyed"
>

2> Arugula may be correct in one regard, maybe I
> should exit the stage - this board is too polluted
> with nonsense and dogma, there's really no point
> in engaging in conversations with individuals who
> are unable to entertain new ideas and discoveries
> because their blinded by ego and bias.

3>Nutrition
> is my profession, arugula, it is not yours by any
> stretch of the imagination - and that's okay.

provide more details

4>I wouldn't have even mentioned it if not for your
> consistent "I work at a University therefore I'm
> right and you're wrong, bow down to me" display of
> unearned arrogance.

unlike your brand of arrogance

>
> Here's a quick recap:
>

you cannot understand that looking at nutritional details here and there and picking out studies and results unrelated to each other is not a good idea.
all health outcomes must be considered for any food, not just one or two aspects.

but you're too smart for that.

> -I have demonstrated that the notion that all
> high-fat diets are unhealthy simply because they
> are high in fat is a misguided and flawed idea
> based upon a severe lack of distinction. For
> example, anyone who knows anything about nutrition
> and disease knows that heart disease is caused by
> inflammation. Given this fact, studying groups of
> people eating highly inflammatory cooked animal
> products and not even acknowledging their omega-3
> to omega-6 ratios (excessive omega-6's are highly
> inflammatory), yet proceeding to place blame on
> fat in general anyways, is extremely misleading.
> Does that stop the low-fat police from acting as
> if these studies have any relevance to high-fat
> raw vegan diets with a healthy omega-3 to omega-6
> ratio? Of course not! I have also demonstrated
> that saturated fat, especially from coconuts, does
> not cause heart disease, and many of the myriad of
> heavily proven health benefits of extra-virgin
> olive oil. Arugula claims to eat 20-25% fat, I
> wouldn't necessarily call that low-fat, especially
> for women who have much higher conversion rates of
> ALA to EPA/DHA than men. Claiming that there is a
> "one fits all" diet when everyone has different
> genes, different levels of stress, lives in
> different areas of the world, different levels of
> physical activity, different dietary strategies,
> etc. is absurd.
>

you DO NOT know the amount of inflammation caused by your fat recommendations.

> -I have demonstrated that a wide variety of
> phytochemicals (such as resveratrol, curcumin,
> B-glucans, phycocyanin) from a wide variety of
> superfoods and superherbs (such as goji, reishi,
> turmeric, algae's) have a long history of
> well-documented, scientifically proven health
> benefits and possess significant healing
> properties. Does it matter to the nonbelievers? Of
> course not!

why would it? it's looking with blinders on at one or two factors

the nutritionist who can't define superfood, nor interpret studies correctly.

weird.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 06:53AM by fresh.

Date: February 14, 2015 07:11AM

"here we go, more narcissism."

More like your flawed perception.

"you DO NOT know the amount of inflammation caused by your fat recommendations."

I don't have any particular fat recommendations, I only caution against the long-term effects of very low-fat diets such as diminished cognition due to depleted levels of long-chain omega-3's and suboptimal hormonal health.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - "The concentrations of serum total and free testosterone were studied in 30 healthy, middle-aged men during a dietary intervention program. When men were transferred from their customary diet to an experimental diet, which contained less fat with a higher polyunsaturated/saturated ratio (P/S-ratio) and more fibre, there was a significant decrease in serum total testosterone concentrations."

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - "Metabolic clearance rates of T were not changed, and production rates for T showed a downward trend while on low-fat diet modulation. We conclude that reduction in dietary fat intake (and increase in fiber) results in 12% consistent lowering of circulating androgen levels without changing the clearance."

"all health outcomes must be considered for any food, not just one or two aspects."

All of the phytochemicals and superfoods/superherbs I listed,and plenty others, have a wide range of beneficial effects with little, if any, documented harmful effects. Don't consume them if you don't want, I have no problem with it. It's quite laughable how it's so hard for you to understand that these foods I'm talking about are PLANTS (some of them fruit). You can't acknowledge their benefits because of the label "superfood" but have no problem acknowledging the benefits of "common" fruits and vegetables? It's simply a term to describe foods with an extremely dense or unique source of nutrition.

Date: February 14, 2015 07:20AM

I didn't see your nutritional qualifications listed anywhere.

> I don't have any particular fat recommendations, I
> only caution against the long-term effects of very
> low-fat diets such as diminished cognition due to
> depleted levels of long-chain omega-3's and
> suboptimal hormonal health.

it can certainly happen. problem is you repeatedly make accusations
about people being low in fats when you have no idea, nor have you quantified
low fat afaik.

again, studies are of limited value - entire diet must be taken into account.

> All of the phytochemicals and
> superfoods/superherbs I listed,and plenty others,
> have a wide range of beneficial effects with
> little, if any, documented harmful effects. Don't
> consume them if you don't want, I have no problem
> with it.

many of your recommendations like chaga, and others don't take into account any other issues other than narrow medicinal goals. that's fine with me - not sure why you're so militant about it.

It's quite laughable how it's so hard for
> you to understand that these foods I'm talking
> about are PLANTS (some of them fruit). You can't
> acknowledge their benefits because of the label
> "superfood" but have no problem acknowledging the
> benefits of "common" fruits and vegetables? It's
> simply a term to describe foods with an extremely
> dense or unique source of nutrition.

I'm not into "benefits" - i am into supplying normal needs- as you know.
I have no problem with you seeking out benefits, and i understand the attraction.

there. almost a civil conversation.

Date: February 14, 2015 07:26AM

"I didn't see your nutritional qualifications listed anywhere."

B.S. Holistic Nutrition

"nor have you quantified
low fat afaik."

Because there is no exact definition of "low-fat" - what's low for one person may not be too low for another, hence why no one diet fits all.

"many of your recommendations like chaga, and others don't take into account any other issues other than narrow medicinal goals."

There are no other issues and if there are, they are rare. A healthy person who adds chaga to their daily regimen will be healthier for it.

"I'm not into "benefits" - i am into supplying normal needs- as you know."

You don't need to be into them to acknowledge they exist.

Date: February 14, 2015 07:58AM

It's true, jtprindl does have that qualification. I found out a few months ago.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 14, 2015 08:59AM

I should get all my degrees and certificates and frame them on the wall and sit at a desk and take a photo for you guys.

JTPRINDL> I love when you posted
jtprindl

"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed"

Once you are woken up, you can never go back, aint that truth. But there is a grain of truth in everything and people add on BS to that. We all do. We all ride that grain of truth and add our little spin.

I was wrong about so many things. Sometimes all it took was a person to take me and sit me down and explain their perspective and I did get it.

Some of us have contradictions within and Ayn Rand says, one of them is always wrong. We must check our premises. Absolutes do indeed exist. Yes.

So back to coconut oil...lets explore some more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 09:00AM by coconutcream.

Date: February 14, 2015 11:57AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> "I didn't see your nutritional qualifications
> listed anywhere."
>
> B.S. Holistic Nutrition
>

Was this from an online program? What it from an accredited university with a large research program? I am skeptical. These days if you pay money there will be some institution willing to give you a "diploma" after your take some online "courses" with highly reduced rigor.

At my local uni, the BS in nutrition requires general chemistry, organic chemistry, and biochemistry as prerequisites. These are the same rigorous weed-out courses that the pre-med, pre-dent, and pre-vet students need to make As in.

Date: February 14, 2015 01:43PM

coconutcream Wrote:
> I should get all my degrees and certificates and
> frame them on the wall and sit at a desk and take
> a photo for you guys.
>
> JTPRINDL> I love when you posted
>
>
> "Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth
> because they don't want their illusions destroyed"
>
>
>
> Once you are woken up, you can never go back, aint
> that truth. But there is a grain of truth in
> everything and people add on BS to that. We all
> do. We all ride that grain of truth and add our
> little spin.
>
> I was wrong about so many things. Sometimes all it
> took was a person to take me and sit me down and
> explain their perspective and I did get it.
>
> Some of us have contradictions within and Ayn Rand
> says, one of them is always wrong. We must check
> our premises. Absolutes do indeed exist. Yes.
>
> So back to coconut oil...lets explore some more.

I have explored and so can you. It's easy.

I have found that coconut oil does not raise my blood sugar.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 14, 2015 02:23PM

Please dont take it personally but maybe the blood sugar cannot be raised anymore if it is already raised.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 02:28PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: February 14, 2015 02:53PM

SueZ Wrote:

> I have explored and so can you. It's easy.

Well, sorry about that, I guess I was wrong. Apparently some will find it less than easy.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: February 14, 2015 03:16PM

Why yawl arguin' wid each other so much? Lots of cooked fooders will outlive most of you and live happier too smiling smiley

Date: February 14, 2015 03:23PM

Health Nutz...t.m.

Date: February 14, 2015 06:17PM

arugula Wrote:
> jtprindl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "I didn't see your nutritional qualifications
> > listed anywhere."
> >
> > B.S. Holistic Nutrition
> >
>
> Was this from an online program? What it from an
> accredited university with a large research
> program? I am skeptical. These days if you pay
> money there will be some institution willing to
> give you a "diploma" after your take some online
> "courses" with highly reduced rigor.
>
> At my local uni, the BS in nutrition requires
> general chemistry, organic chemistry, and
> biochemistry as prerequisites. These are the same
> rigorous weed-out courses that the pre-med,
> pre-dent, and pre-vet students need to make As in.

University of Natural Health, it is accredited. It's obviously not the most prestigious school but unfortunately I didn't have rich parents nor did I enjoy the idea of paying off student loans for 25+ years. I know plenty of people who graduated from state universities and cannot even find jobs in their own field, yet they still have the burden of paying off massive amounts of debt. It seems that nowadays a degree isn't good enough, you must also have X amount of experience. You have to magically get experience before you get the opportunity to get experience. Anyways, I don't think it's necessary to take "rigorous weed-out courses" in order to have lots of success as a nutritionist helping to heal people from disease or achieve any health goals they desire. Plenty of conventional doctors spend decades taking these kinds of courses and we all know how unsuccessful they are at their job - all most of them do is hand out drugs and are completely ignorant when it comes to the role of diet and nutrition in relation to disease as well as natural cures.

I like the quote "A child educated only at school is an uneducated child", and I definitely think it applies to a lot of people.

Date: February 14, 2015 06:50PM

According to information provided by the company on November 12, 2012, University of Natural Health is not a conventional accredited medical or dietetic school,

Date: February 14, 2015 07:02PM

arugula Wrote:
> According to information provided by the company
> on November 12, 2012, University of Natural Health
> is not a conventional accredited medical or
> dietetic school,

It is accredited by the Hygienic Doctors Association - [www.thehda.org]

[www.bbb.org] - "They are not a conventional accredited medical or dietetic school, but are holistically accredited."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 07:06PM by jtprindl.

Date: February 14, 2015 09:14PM

edited 6 times. yup. powerlifter.

hot smiley

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 14, 2015 09:57PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> arugula Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > According to information provided by the
> company
> > on November 12, 2012, University of Natural
> Health
> > is not a conventional accredited medical or
> > dietetic school,
>
>
> It is accredited by the Hygienic Doctors
> Association - [www.thehda.org]

Looks like it is acredited by a non credited agancy. It is a fake unqualified cover agency. According to wikipedia, the H.D.A. is not recognized by the Department of Education. If it is not recognized, then the education cannot be used to be compared to normal recognized institutions and as such you should not identify yourself as nutritionist because it misleads people. They could sue you if things go the other way. Same goes for Dr Brian Clements with a fake degree.

[en.wikipedia.org]

List of unrecognized higher education accreditation organizations

Hygienic Doctors Association (HDA)[43]

Although based in the United States (Helena, Montana), the Hygienic Doctors Association official website states (in an FAQ) as its response to the question "Is The H.D.A. recognized by the Department of Education?" that "Current laws in the United States of America prohibit the recognition of global accreditation of associations and organizations," indicating its acknowledgment that it lacks recognition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 09:58PM by Panchito.

Date: February 14, 2015 10:14PM

"According to wikipedia, the H.D.A. is not recognized by the Department of Education. If it is not recognized, then the education cannot be used to be compared to normal recognized institutions and as such you should not identify yourself as nutritionist because it misleads people."

It doesn't need to be recognized by the Department of Education for it to be credible.

[www.thehda.org]
Are the degrees given by The H.D.A. accredited schools valid?

"All H.D.A. accredited schools are approved by a government agency whether in the United States of America or an international government agency that authorizes and grants permission for post-secondary schools to offer certified or post-secondary degrees."

Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables