Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

how do i get enough protien??
Posted by: pikt ()
Date: December 25, 2006 06:56AM

i am slowly going raw. what protien bearing foods or supplements can i use to replace meat??? my body lets me know how inportant it is for me to get a lot of protien each day. i am very active and a breastfeeding mom. so proper nutrition is very important to me and to health of my son.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how do i get enough protien??
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 25, 2006 04:58PM

I'm sure you are getting plenty of protein. Why? Do you experience the symptoms of protein deficiency?

-If you feel very strongly about it...then eat plenty of nuts and sprouted seeds. You'll be fine.

-In my experience / opinion, the idea of an American not getting 'enough' protien is utterly ridiculous...when all the evidence points to just the opposite! Ha! ha! This includes monthers-to-be and new mothers! LOL.

-David Z. Mason

Re: how do i get enough protien??
Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: December 25, 2006 08:32PM

There is a thread a couple of pages back about "raw food while pregnant" which might give you some food for thought. Read as much as you can till ALL your questions are answered. You will get a lot of valuable info on this forum, consider yourself very fortunate to have found it.

The idea that we need to eat meat every day is very deeply imbedded in our minds. I asked the same questions at one time, totally sure I had to eat meat to survive. I have been given a new lease on life since I discovered raw eating and feel I have a handle on my health now that I never had before.

When you start your reading you will find that eating meat is not essential, quite the contrary. The "truth is out there" in plain sight if you care to find it.

Here is just one article about how we got to be such meat lovers, there are probably better ones so don't stop there. The site is about vegetarian/vegan olympic athletes.

[www.vsdc.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables