Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Woman, 115 Longevity Secrets...
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: February 17, 2015 08:29PM

[www.foxnews.com]

Where are the raw vegan centenarians?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Woman, 115 Longevity Secrets...
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 17, 2015 08:36PM

here's one for you
[www.freshandaliveblog.com]

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 17, 2015 09:04PM

It is not enough to reach the 100. You have to be healthy.

I think there are new raw vegans who have mastered the art of raw veganism and we could have many healthy raw vegans reaching the 100 in the next 40 or 50 years.

The Brian Clements, Lou Corona, David Wolfe, Gabriel Cousens, even our own Prana, and Sproutarian are good examples.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2015 09:12PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: February 17, 2015 09:46PM

argula wrote:
"here's one for you "

I know all about Bernando, he is not raw vegan by any standard, loves barley soup, he eats fish 2-3 times a week etc...

RP wrote:
"It is not enough to reach the 100. You have to be healthy."

I don't think it's possible to reach 100+ without medical intervention UNLESS you are healthy, same as a tree...

Date: February 18, 2015 12:43AM

this one says it was porridge, exercise, and "staying away from men. They’re just more trouble than they’re worth."

[i100.independent.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2015 12:43AM by arugula.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 18, 2015 01:08AM

arugula Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> this one says it was porridge, exercise, and
> "staying away from men. They’re just more
> trouble than they’re worth."
>
> [i100.independent.co.uk]
> dest-woman-attributes-long-life-to-eating-porridge
> -avoiding-men--gJDQrSRXol

So that's two out of three, so far, that lists staying away from men as a reason for their longevity.

Date: February 18, 2015 08:53PM

NuNativs Wrote:
> argula wrote:
> "here's one for you "
>
> I know all about Bernando, he is not raw vegan by
> any standard, loves barley soup, he eats fish 2-3
> times a week etc...

Yes, his vibration is really off and his energy tells me he is not being truthful. I picked up that immediately. I wonder if he really is the age he claims.

When companies get involved and there is money to be made all types of claims can be made. Many of the people over 100 are also claimed to exaggerate their ages in the old days, ego runs rife in mankind.

I could be wrong, but l don't think so, my intuition is telling me my thoughts are right on.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: February 18, 2015 09:24PM

Obvius keys are:
Fresh air
Fresh water
Fresh food, unprocessed
Activity
Brain work, curiousity (always learning new things)
Sleep cycle in sync with nature

Easy, isn't it? We just have to do everything that nature tells us to.

I would add: living by the sea, in our natural habitat, should be helping us. Sea water is the healthiest thing on the planet for us.

Posted by: Vitality ()
Date: February 18, 2015 10:43PM

Problem with these people are that they don't know why they live so long.

Date: February 18, 2015 10:45PM

One thing these people are doing that nobody has mentioned yet is picking the right parents.

Posted by: bluespixie ()
Date: February 18, 2015 11:02PM

arugula Wrote:
> this one says it was porridge, exercise, and
> "staying away from men. They’re just more
> trouble than they’re worth."

I bet the last one did her the most good, haha. Probably avoided a tonne of stress doing that, and to be strong about staying single in this society must mean she had a lot of confidence and sense of wellbeing.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 18, 2015 11:25PM

<<this one says it was porridge, exercise, and "staying away from men. They’re just more trouble than they’re worth.>>

that's news to me

to each their own

i suppose

Date: February 18, 2015 11:36PM

arugula Wrote:
> One thing these people are doing that nobody has
> mentioned yet is picking the right parents.

Exactly.

A quick search on reported 115 year old Bernando LaPallo brought this up:

105 according to public records. Looks amazing for his age.
[en.wikipedia.org]

But...now we find out he eats fish. Pity. sad smiley
[www.naturalnews.com]

Knew something wasn't right. Trusting intuition is a good thing when it works o.k.

------

Vitality Wrote:
> Problem with these people are that they don't know
> why they live so long.

I have a book on the long lived people from the 80's and it is interesting. The old ones ate all types of things, but always whole foods and animal products. The had fresh air, worked hard in the fields, used probiotic goats milk, cooked much of their food, had breakfasts of small amounts of meat/grains/vegetables cooked in apricot oil, had stew lunches/dinner of meat (only small amounts of flesh), had fruit meals, RARELY WORRIED, HAPPY, GOOD GENES. They also made it a strict rule to only eat with a calm and happy mind. They also were low calories but worked hard all day.

As soon as the hidden areas opened up to modern civilisation the refined sugar started addicting the young and they saw diet related sickness for the first time ever.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2015 11:41PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: February 18, 2015 11:43PM

Animals with largest brains on (flat) Earth: Dolphin, Man

Not Monkeys or any other vegans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2015 11:44PM by rab.

Date: February 19, 2015 12:03AM

rab Wrote:
> Animals with largest brains on (flat) Earth:
> Dolphin, Man
>
> Not Monkeys or any other vegans.

Yep, got some very interesting science on that too, a 2008 paper which for the first time touched on some of the latest science on higher fats from animal products relating to increase in brain size.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 19, 2015 12:12AM

Intelligence in animals is hard to establish, but the larger the brain is relative to the body, the more brain weight might be available for more complex cognitive tasks. The EQ formula, as opposed to the method of simply measuring raw brain weight or brain weight to body weight, makes for a ranking of animals that coincide better with observed complexity of behaviour.
Mean EQ for mammals is around 1, with carnivorans, cetaceans and primates above 1, and insectivores and herbivores below. This reflects two major trends. One is that brain matter is extremely costly in terms of energy needed to sustain it.[14] Animals which live on relatively nutrient poor diets (plants, insects) have relatively little energy to spare for a large brain, while animals living from energy-rich food (meat, fish, fruit) can grow larger brains. The other factor is the brain power needed to catch food. Carnivores generally need to find and kill their prey, which presumably requires more cognitive power than browsing or grazing.[15][16]
Another factor affecting relative brain size is sociality and flock size.[17] Similarly, dogs (a social species) have a higher EQ than cats (a mostly solitary species). Animals with very large flock size and/or complex social systems consistently score high EQ, with dolphins and orcas having the highest EQ of all cetaceans,[4] and humans with their extremely large societies and complex social life topping the list by a good margin.[1]

wiki

Date: February 19, 2015 12:51AM

Other smart animals: Elephant, pig - both semi-water animals (subcutaneous fat, useful only for water, not for dry land).

People have, definitely, teeth and digestive organs that are made for vegan food. No question about it. But, we are SOOOO different from monkeys. We are clumsy on land, slow, easy target for predators. We have long legs, walk on two feet, total waste of physics..but very useful if you are walking through water. The only time monkeys walk on two legs is when they are in water.
If you fancy the 'evolution' theory, it could be that some group evolved, for whatever reason, to live by the sea. That's us.
We extract ridiculous amount of salt through sweating. That would be a luxury for forest animals.

Baby can stop the air flow to it's lungs, when it is born! She has this natural reflex. Monkey babies cannot do that.

Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: February 19, 2015 03:14AM

Bernando LaPollo's name & age came up in the past here, and in a March 13, 2012 post, I told what I found out about him, mainly from the 1930 US Census, when he & his wife, Rose, (her age given as 20) were living in a boarding house in St. Petersburg FL. He gave his age there as 22, his occupation as a "cook", which ties into his stories in media publications as working as a "chef", he was listed as "negro", but gave his birthplace as "Cuba", rather than Brazil or NY, as he apparently did at other places. Sounds like Mr. LaPollo changes his back story somewhat, depending. At the time of my posting, the 1940 Census was not yet released so I'll have to check there next chance I get.

Date: February 19, 2015 03:18AM

LaV,

It depends on the man, doesn't it?

There are some things that I will never do again. I have good reason. If this means I am alone, fine.

I need to have personal integrity. That is very important to me.

My parents had a fabulous marriage. My dad really loved my mom. But after she died he admitted that he was not always nice to her and that it "works out better if the woman submits to the man."

No thanks! There are plenty of women out there better equipped for that than myself. My parents raised me to be independent. So, I concentrate on my fur babies.

To each his own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2015 03:19AM by arugula.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 19, 2015 03:32AM

rab Wrote:
> Animals with largest brains on (flat) Earth:
> Dolphin, Man
>
> Not Monkeys or any other vegans.

The way the brain is interconnected, which is genetic and chemically triggered by signals, etc. is more important than its weight or size. For example, the size of an elephant brain is bigger than that of humans, same case with nearthentals. The special human brain area is only with the cortex, everything else is equal to other mamals. The cortex is on top of the mamalian brain (emotions - limbic system) and the reptilian brain (territorial).

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 19, 2015 03:51AM

arugula

<<LaV,

It depends on the man, doesn't it? >>

it goes without saying

Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: February 19, 2015 03:54AM

OK, I checked the 1940 Census on Mr. La Pollo. At the time he was living at the home of Mr. & Mrs. William Pincard & their two young sons in Bronxville, Westchester, NY, which I believe is & was a rather "tony" area. He was listed as the family butler-chef. His age was given as 32, but the census info came from Mrs. Pincard, not directly from him. And here, his birthplace was stated as Brazil. It sounds like a 1910 birth date is closer to the truth for him.

Date: February 19, 2015 04:43AM

KFCA Wrote:
> OK, I checked the 1940 Census on Mr. La Pollo. At
> the time he was living at the home of Mr. & Mrs.
> William Pincard & their two young sons in
> Bronxville, Westchester, NY, which I believe is &
> was a rather "tony" area. He was listed as the
> family butler-chef. His age was given as 32, but
> the census info came from Mrs. Pincard, not
> directly from him. And here, his birthplace was
> stated as Brazil. It sounds like a 1910 birth date
> is closer to the truth for him.

Your research is always appreciated on these things. Thanks for that.

Panchito Wrote:

>
> The way the brain is interconnected, which is
> genetic and chemically triggered by signals, etc.
> is more important than its weight or size.

Of course. There are so many interesting things that could be brought up about brain size, brain connections, the physical and spiritual environment etc. I certainly don't mean to simplify high fat and animals products for making us smarter with bigger brains because it would be much more complicated than that.

One day when l have more time l would like to post that 2008 paper and have a good conversation about the issue of the brain.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 19, 2015 05:08AM

The worlds longest living dog ate lentils and rice.

The body is your god. You talk to it, you get all your past from your body, you get all your knowledge from it, its in your muscles, in your bones, the memories.

I knew a 100 year old Italian lady who played cards and dressed sharp.

Date: February 19, 2015 05:23PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> I certainly don't mean to
> simplify high fat and animals products for making
> us smarter with bigger brains because it would be
> much more complicated than that.

The fat % of the brain is only 10% compared to 8% of protein. So protein and fat is almost the same

[faculty.washington.edu]

Composition of Brain and Muscle

Skeletal Muscle (%) 	Whole Brain (%)
Water 	75	                77 to 78
Lipids 	5	                10 to 12
Protein 18 to 20         	8

Thats almost like 801010 je je

Date: February 19, 2015 05:57PM

Other interesting facts on the above link

weight of human brain: 1,300 g
weight of elephant brain: 4,783 g

The elephant eats an 801010 diet ja ja

weight of the sperm whale brain: 7,800 g

Sperm whales eat lots of fish and squid yet they are not smarter than humans even with the huge brain. Lions eat lots of meat and their brain only weights 240 g.

Date: February 20, 2015 03:56AM

Human DNA enlarges mouse brains

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: mattscr ()
Date: February 20, 2015 01:24PM

My friend visited Emma and said she was doing really well for her age! There's only like 5 people alive now that are from the 1800s - isn't that amazing!?

One common thing among pretty much all of these "supercentenarians" is that they stayed lean all of their lives. Whether it's genetic or through diet, it doesn't matter. Being overweight kills people earlier.

GRG looked into LaPollo years ago and he isn't going to get recognized as the age he claims... His claim is not credible according to people I've spoken with that deals with recognizing and validating supercentenarians.

We will likely see supercentenarians, but I feel that by the time anyone we know in the raw food community reaches that age, we'll have far better medical interventions that can intervene in ageing by reversing damage or slowing it down anyway. It won't matter. But it will still give some validation to the powerful effect of a vegan diet I suppose smiling smiley

-------------------------------------------
My blog: [www.crvitality.com]

Date: February 22, 2015 04:59PM

Panchito Wrote:
> Human DNA enlarges mouse brains
>
> [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

only 10 'words' on DNA order separates humans from chimps intelligence. The difference on a 1200 pairs span (chimp vs human) that made us intelligent is only 10. The human DNA is 3 billion pairs long but length does mean much.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Makes you think about the validity of religious theories, human consciousness theories, the purpose of human life as a colonizer, humans as narcisitic invasive pests that make up all sorts of righteous deserving excuses, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 05:03PM by Panchito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables