Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Gardening is simple
Posted by: greenman ()
Date: December 26, 2006 07:15PM

My excuse for not gardening was it is time consuming and hard but it is not. It is very simple, easy and enjoyable once you learn the basics of soil and seeds.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gardening is simple
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 26, 2006 10:52PM

You are correct Greenman. Most people can easily grow sprout and herbs to supplement their diet - at a bare minimum. It is also very easy to grow many types of greens or veggies in small containers. Larger containers can accommodate small, locale-specific fruit trees and shrubs.

-The only REAL way to know the quality of the food you are consuming is to grow it yourself! LOL. When the care is there....you taste it!

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: December 27, 2006 03:07AM

Not for me ha ha ha! THANKS for the encouragement anyway, I do need it! We have a big backyard, with heaps of spaces for all that we wish. I admire those who grow their own fruit and vegies. We have several fruit trees, and I did plant some tomates recently. My husband build a netting around our apricot trees and I look forward to all the apricots ripen up. I think I will go on an apricot diet for a while lol!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: December 27, 2006 09:09AM

Here is some old images:

Easy!

Wheaties!

My beautiful wife (now she's in her 9 month of pregnancy).

Buckies!

And good luck with the soiling!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 27, 2006 05:18PM

sprouting is super easy but it is time consuming so if time is at a premium for you it may very well be easier to buy sprouts instead.
as for real gardening, well. lead from traffic exhaust has a 30-40 foot travel distance and was only eliminated from fuel fairly recently. that means that if the soil you are using is within that distance from a road or where a road used to be, it's most likely contaminated with lead. container gardening is a good alternative but again, it's time consuming and needs a babysitter if you plan on being away for even a day or two. unless syou can afford to and have the space for an automatic watering system of course.
as much as i enjoy growing plants and especially things that we can eat, it's a labour of love. the enjoyment is at least half of the pay back for me. if you are a person who doesn't enjoy that kind of thing it's nothing but an endless chore, but if you like it the rewards are many.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: December 27, 2006 05:54PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> as for real gardening, well. lead from traffic
> exhaust has a 30-40 foot travel distance and was
> only eliminated from fuel fairly recently. that
> means that if the soil you are using is within
> that distance from a road or where a road used to
> be, it's most likely contaminated with lead.

But the food you buy in the shops could also be contaminated in exactly the same way. That's really bad logic not to garden. Food grown yourself is almost always going to be more nutritios that stuff you buy, even just for the fact that you can eat it really fresh,

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 27, 2006 09:27PM

You are correct: It certainly IS a labor of love Coco! LOL!

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: December 27, 2006 11:21PM

Healthybun, what a visual feast, thank you! I am curious about what's in that jar, and what's the other food on the table. Looks yummy. You both look radiant!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: December 28, 2006 08:00AM

Hi Gosia!

In the jar there is carrot-saurkraut and the other 3 is cheese-cakes made on sunflower seeds spiced with fresh veggies.

My wife had been on RAW for 5 years there on the pictures and myself only been raw there for a couple of months. There was more then a years ago we had that course ongoing here in Sweden.

I'll get some new pictures and so we can have a picture-party.

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: December 29, 2006 02:52PM

Greenman,

I love gardening and I plan on having a garden this summer. We have winter weather so I can't have a garden all year round. I actually miss summer a lot.

Date: December 29, 2006 04:13PM

coco Wrote:
> sprouting is super easy but it is time consuming
> so if time is at a premium for you it may very
> well be easier to buy sprouts instead.

Actually sprouting is super simple, just soak before going to bed than rinse and drain before you go to work and when you come back. It takes seconds and plus you save a lot of money growing your own.

Date: December 29, 2006 04:15PM

trinity082482 Wrote:
> Greenman,
>
> I love gardening and I plan on having a garden
> this summer. We have winter weather so I can't
> have a garden all year round. I actually miss
> summer a lot.

I live in a cold climate too. The solution is to garden indoors.

Date: December 29, 2006 04:16PM

Nice images healthybun.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 29, 2006 05:31PM

greenman, i've been sprouting for years, i managed the retail aspect of an enormous indoor organic sprout farm and living foods resource center where we ran sprouting classes, my mom ha sprouted since we were kids, believe me when i tell you that many, many people find sprouting complicated and time consuming. if one likes to do it and finds it easy that's an added bonus but it's not that way for everyone. it does take time, energy and practice. it is the easiest type of gardening in my experience but it isn't exactly effortless. remember, some people can't even manage to keep houseplants and most of them only need a bit of water every week or two!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables