Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question for 100% raw foodies
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: December 27, 2006 06:14PM

Has this ever happened to anyone?

What happens if....

Say you get into an accident and you're unconscious and you have to be taken to the hospital and they give you their usual drugs etc - now if you don't have that cooked food mucus protection in your body, wouldn't those drugs be way more toxic to you than the average person??

Is this a dumb question?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question for 100% raw foodies
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: December 27, 2006 06:22PM

That's an interesting question. Maybe we should all carry cards saying we are alergic to all pharmecutical drugs!

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 27, 2006 06:32PM

For me there will be a little disconfort but the drug will not hurt my system.
For somebody who is really healthy, the body should have enough reserve to fight off the negative effects of the drugs.
Some rawfoodists wrote that they get ill when they eat non organic food. A healthy body should not.

Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: December 27, 2006 06:50PM

Sunshine:

You and Arugula strike me as plants for the AMA and traditional medicine. But then that's my opinion.

Have seen it too much in too many Raw Foods forums. Are you? Is that a dumb question?

Blissed be,

Annie

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Posted by: James Smith ()
Date: December 27, 2006 07:09PM

Anne,

What have you seen in too many raw food forums?

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 27, 2006 07:21PM

Sunshine, you should read this:

[biology.plosjournals.org]

A typical raw food diet fairly high in fiber compared to SAD would be expected to produce *more* mucus, not less.

This is a good thing.

More to your question, though, I think that there is a tendency for greater response to lesser drug stimulus proportionate to body mass/weight (with raw foodists expected to weigh considerably less than SADs in general, for a given height) but there are some exceptions. And with some of the ingested foodstuffs there might be some reactions with drugs that would make the drugs more effective, and others less so.

Date: December 27, 2006 07:55PM

bodybyblis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sunshine:
>
> You and Arugula strike me as plants for the AMA
> and traditional medicine. But then that's my
> opinion.
>
> Have seen it too much in too many Raw Foods
> forums. Are you? Is that a dumb question?
>
> Blissed be,
>
> Annie

What?!? No! Oh my god!

I couldn't be further from that. I WISH I had an MD or a PhD, then I could conduct lots of raw food studies to prove this is the way to heal disease, slow down aging, etc. For me, in my mind, I have absolute clarity and 100% certainty of the way to heal disease - but as a fan of the scientific method, I know I can't speak of my opinions as being facts without proving them first.

I have no problem with hearing other peoples' opinions though, I find this forum very educational.

I went to school for biochemistry & I love anything science, medicine or nutrition - these are the things that lead me to raw foods.

I wholeheartedly disagree with medicine as it is practiced today - so asinine, focused on symptoms rather than cause. Medicine today is not good science, in fact I think much of it is atrociously bad science. I'm just as demanding of needing proof of doctors' claims as I am of anyone else's theories, including my own.

Probably the only doctor I would trust completely is Dr. Cousens, because he actually takes the time to do the research and prove every claim he makes, which to me is amazing. That is science.

Annie, actually I was curious to know what you do because I thought that might be something I might want to do. I like your posts very much. I wasn't questioning your credentials, which I now realize is how it must've sounded.

Also, my "dumb" question above - I'm about 80/90% raw & I always have this fear of being 100% raw in a toxic cooked world, I've noticed that on 100% raw days I am very very sensitive to anything unnatural.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2006 07:59PM by sunshine79.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: December 27, 2006 08:12PM

I must note that, you are NOT more sensitive when you eat 100%, your body are more AGGRESSIVE to unnatural things. This is why I love this way of eating, 100% raw that is.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 27, 2006 09:25PM

I'm sure I would be fine. Although I have no intention of something like that happening: if it did, I would just go right back to the healthy practices that put me in a state of health to begin with.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: ryandvan ()
Date: December 27, 2006 10:05PM

djatchi Wrote:
> For me there will be a little disconfort but the
> drug will not hurt my system.
> For somebody who is really healthy, the body
> should have enough reserve to fight off the
> negative effects of the drugs.
> Some rawfoodists wrote that they get ill when they
> eat non organic food. A healthy body should not.

I agree that the healthier you are, the more you can handle, but I don't think it is right to confuse this with ill sideaffects. The purer your body is, the more it will react to impurity to dispell it.

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: December 27, 2006 10:35PM

Maybe the reaction would be more severe but the body would deal with the impurities more quickly... and this is a good thing, is it not?

Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: December 28, 2006 05:03PM

OK. Just sometimes they are all over the place. & your question is not stupid. I carry a card in my wallet, right next to my drivers license, stating my food requirements.

Blissed be,

Annie

PS: Saw too may "traditional medical community plants" on other raw foods sites. Believe it or not, it is real, and scary. People believe them!

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Posted by: mtnkathy ()
Date: December 28, 2006 05:15PM

I believe there is a place for modern medicine. If it had not been for modern medicine, I would not have survived childbirth 25 years ago and neither would my child. Yes, there were numerous pharmaceuticals and surgery for both of us. However, our strong consititutions allowed us to survive and recover with help from a healthy lifestyle.

If you are unconscious, Sunshine79, then perhaps extreme measures may need to be taken to save your life. That is why I say modern medicine has its place. If people can recover from life-threatening diseases such as cancer using a raw food lifestyle, then certainly one can "recover" from a run-in with a hospital situation. I did, and I am sure many others have.

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: December 28, 2006 07:54PM

bodybyblis Wrote:
> Sunshine:
>
> You and Arugula strike me as plants for the AMA
> and traditional medicine. But then that's my
> opinion.
>
> Have seen it too much in too many Raw Foods
> forums. Are you? Is that a dumb question?
>
> Blissed be,
>
> Annie

That's like saying that your relatives who argue with you about the protein in your diet are "plants", you know that they are not, they are simply repeating what they have been told.

I have no doubt that plants exist but I have no clue who they are since you don't know who simply repeating information and who is a plant. It sad to think that they would try to block people who are in pain from getting better, there is something that is just not human about that.

I don't know why they bother, I don't think raw food is a threat to conventional medicine, raw food has been around forever and it will be around forever, it just has never and will never be anything more than a tiny fraction of society, all the adictive cooked food will continue to enslave the masses forever.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: December 28, 2006 11:28PM

tropical Wrote:
> forever, it just has never and will never be
> anything more than a tiny fraction of society, all
> the adictive cooked food will continue to enslave
> the masses forever.

At some point, a very long time ago, all humans (or our ansectors) ate raw food. At some point in the future we will all eat raw food again (or be wiped out!).

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: December 29, 2006 02:35PM

I don't think eating cooked food (which are usually bad food options, unhealthy quick fixes) will help make our bodies stronger to medicine and other things. I am suprized that any of us not on a raw food diet survive even through a seasonal cold. Our poor bodies. All the veggies and fruit and healthy oils and .. ahh all the good stuff will help your body be strong not weak.

Date: December 29, 2006 03:40PM

Thank you everyone for your replies, they were very helpful!!

I get it now - a more severe reaction doesn't mean the body is more sensitive, just that a healthy body has more strength to mount an aggressive reaction.

I hadn't thought of it like that before!

Interesting!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 29, 2006 10:47PM

You're going to have improved immune system function from a high raw high f+v diet compared to a SAD.

But that's not the same as reaction to a particular drug. You can have an optimal immune system function and still react very strongly to a (relatively) small dose of drug, compared to a SAD eater.

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: December 30, 2006 01:37PM

my doctor gave my a strong anti inflammatory drug. i refused to take it but wasn't really getting better. i got a bit frightened and i gave in and took it and woke up the next morning in a terrible state, i was far worse and could hardle speak. ofcourse i immediately stopped and went to a herbalist. the herbs worked slowly but sure enough i am ok now! live and learn.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables