Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

eye sight deteriorating
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: December 28, 2006 03:39PM

my eye sight is getting worse on raw. am i missing any vital nutrients? any similar experiences?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: eye sight deteriorating
Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: December 28, 2006 04:59PM

Rosemary:

Eat all red and orange vegetables and fruits....Vit A and beta Cs should do the trick. Carrot juices are best, but do what you can do. ONLY ORGANIC, and farmfresh if possible.

Raw eggs, if you are able to eat animal products, are also a great source of nutrients for the eyes. BUT ONLY IF YOU ARE OK EATING FARMFRESH, ORGANIC, FERTILE EGGS, SHAKEN NOT MIXED.

Blissed be,

Annie

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Posted by: mtnkathy ()
Date: December 28, 2006 05:03PM

What is it specifically about your eyesight?

Posted by: longtimeraw ()
Date: December 28, 2006 07:42PM

Deterioration of eyesight can have many causes, ranging from ordinary aging to a variety of ailments, with the ailments themselves ranging from minor to very serious.

Your best bet is to see a real health professional - an optometrist or ophthalmologist.

Don't waste any time with the natural hygiene diet-doctors. They are incompetent.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 29, 2006 12:10AM

Try getting more sunlight into your eyes at morning and evening hours.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 29, 2006 12:29AM

rosemary,

To know if you are missing any vital nutrients, you will have to share with us what your daily menu looks like.

For example, can you list what you ate at each meal for a few days in a row?

Posted by: JGex ()
Date: December 29, 2006 04:51AM

2 words: Bilberry extract

[primary.net]

Judy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2006 04:53AM by JGex.

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: December 29, 2006 02:39PM

I would go to an eye doctor first. See what's going on. Maybe it isn't the raw food diet and it's just a coincidence. It's best to get it looked at. Your eyes are super important. There are important vitamins for your eyes. I know you can get many from eating carrots. Not sure about others. It's worth the effort to find out =)
Good luck.

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: December 30, 2006 01:10PM

many thanks. my vision is blurring up- short sightedness. my glasses are no longer strong enough. yes i will see an optometrist- and i thought there was no such thing as aging. I add 1 teaspoon of dried bilberries in my smoothies often, am trying to increase the protein, now as Annie suggested...and am supplementing with beta carotene, C & E. My diet is pretty rounded, lots of fruit and veg, sprouts, seeds. It might be the Armour thyroid medication I am taking!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables