Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Newbie?
Posted by: runjumpflip ()
Date: April 04, 2015 02:44AM

Hi all!
I'm new and I have some questions about the raw vegan diet. I'm 14 and still living with my parents, so my food options are pretty limited. I can't go organic, and I can't go vegan, or even vegetarian for that matter. So I'm wondering if this diet will still have benefits for me? Like, I can't go full-on raw vegan, but if I try to do it to the best of my ability, will it still have (however limited) benefits? Is it better to do it a little than to not do it at all?

Also, I'm an athlete, and I train 9 hours per week, and outside of that, I am active for probably another 7 hours per week on my own. I struggle with eating enough as it is, so I'm wondering if this would make it harder or easier? I also have low blood pressure. Again, would this diet help improve that? What common foods are vegan? Other than fruits and vegetables I mean?

I don't know a lot about this lifestyle, but I've watched some of durianrider's and freelee the banana girl's videos, and there seems to be a lot of mental and physical benefits.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newbie?
Posted by: BJ ()
Date: April 05, 2015 02:06AM

Harley and Freelea aren't 100 raw any more. They eat heaps of cooked food.

They were both born with great genetics so unless you have their same genetics you won't have the same body or results.

Harley has had to get false teeth because of all the dates, bananas and excessive fruit he ate during his 100% raw years so be warned about your teeth.

Just take your time and take things very slowly and see how you feel. You're better off making small changes that your mind, body and emotions can easily cope with. Remember the story of the turtle and the hare. Go slowly.

Date: April 05, 2015 04:13AM

It's actually " the tortoise and the hare ''. Silly me.

Date: April 05, 2015 04:38AM

BJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Harley has had to get false teeth because of all
> the dates, bananas and excessive fruit he ate
> during his 100% raw years so be warned about your
> teeth.

Really??? So he has a full set of false teeth? I tried to find a link on this but was unable to find one,does anyone have a link where D.R admits this?

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 05, 2015 04:46AM

not entire false teeth like dentures. caps or veneers or whatever they are called.

Date: April 05, 2015 08:40AM

Looking at his mouth and his new pearly white choppers they look like falsies!!! Maybe someone can enlighten us because they certainly don't look like real teeth.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 05, 2015 08:06PM

BACK TO THE OP's QUESTION:

I suggest starting out with eating fruit and smoothies for breakfast and lunch, which is not outside of the norm, and a large salad with dinner (pre dinner or as your dinner, with tons of greens, avocado, tomatoes, etc.) What's your current diet like?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables