Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fasting..How often & how long?
Posted by: Mangolover ()
Date: January 01, 2007 09:10AM

Hi everyone,(my story is on the Fruitarian...to be or not to be? thread)

Just wondering if you could answer a few questions...

How often does everyone fast?

How long is the fast?

What do you have on yr fast?..water, juice etc..

Currently reading so many benefits on fasting..

Thanx in advance for sharing :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fasting..How often & how long?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 01, 2007 01:07PM

For a long time, I would fast 1 day per week. These days I just eat rather lightly. But a 1 day or 1 meal per week forever fast is a really good goal for some to shoot for. Periodic fasts of 1-3 days are helpful - IF they are done entirely voluntarily...and as a gift to yourself.

-An enema CAN be helpful during a total fast period to help keep elimination going.

-For those that are ill: a juice fast of 1 week or more and plenty of the healing elements: pure water, sunlight, air and exercise, can really restore health.

-Just my opinions. Blessings and a happy new year to you!

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: January 02, 2007 01:14AM

I've fasted for 1 week before I had so much energy I didnt know what to do with it. Then I had a piece of fruit and I literally felt sick. Hit me hard and I felt lethargic after.

Posted by: Mangolover ()
Date: January 02, 2007 01:41AM

Thanx Guys :-)

David - Thanx alot for that info! & Happy New Year too!!

I'm currently spending 10days on Mango Island (inspired by Dr D) and I love it! My past has involved intestinal candida (which is almost under control I feel) and lots of overeating and bingeing, finally I feel grounded and not thinking about food all the time..its very liberating.

I've been mostly raw about 4months and I'm gravitating towards fruitarian way of eating..I just adore fruit as I've read you do too.

I will aim for the 1day fast per week...is being on mangoes only like a fast and have you done similar before?

Hi Trinity thanx for your reply :-) I like the idea of having that much energy! Usually I am very energetic but since I've been eating less my levels have soared and mentally so much clearer..

Was it a juice fast or water only?

Ta :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables