Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!
 

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: July 16, 2015 09:31PM

My skills are

I know how to sprout wheat berries / all set in that area.

I know what edible wild fruits herbs veggies are in my neighborhood.

I grow my own food. I have sprouters that you do not need electricity.

I can climb fruit trees I know where they are

I have many survival books.

I am stocked up on human friendly pesticides like for lice etc

I can fast not a problem.

I have eaten nettles many times.

I would chew on grass all day long like Ann Wigmore when she was a child.





Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2015 09:32PM by suvine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: July 19, 2015 05:40AM

I'm going hunter/planter/gatherer for the win...(strict Whole Food Vegans) better hope that never happens...



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2015 05:44AM by NuNativs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 19, 2015 03:39PM

I can peel and eat fruit winking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: July 19, 2015 05:30PM

Microgreens I would get into learning about them. You would need lots of seeds though

Microgreen basil is my favorite little sprouts


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: July 20, 2015 01:25PM

I live in a good area for growing plants and have a bunch of sprouting seeds I suppose I could let grow into the full plants if need be. I also know about square foot gardening, and basic survival skills (like how to make fire for warmth or to boil water for sterilization). I guess I do need to learn more about local edible plants though!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: July 20, 2015 06:39PM

I am making sure all you guys are prepared. I know yo like to think positive...but I just want to you stay that way, just be prepared.


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: August 30, 2015 10:53AM

Guys I just heard this web bot report and it really scared me.

Check it out

Its for August 2015. Do you know what web bots are?

WEB BOT REPORT AUGUST 2015

Prana please tell me its going to be ok. Please tell me its just a bad trick.


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: September 10, 2015 03:17PM

Zhil sounds like you like to be alone and have skills. You just might make it. Strength in solitude


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: September 12, 2015 03:02PM

Suvine, how do you prepare your nettles for eating without cooking them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: September 15, 2015 11:36AM

I am not at all worried about what might happen if/when society breaks down, because I know that everything that happens to me is a good thing. Even if society were to break down and I were to have a really tough time of it and suffer a lot, that would be a great thing because it would help me to temper and improve myself.

People get so worried about all sorts of things, and start planning and try to be in control, but we are never truly in control. Everyone would be much happier if they learned to just "go with the flow" and not pursue or be attached to certain outcomes. If you are happy no matter what happens, what can possibly effect you? Being on an emotional roller-coaster, ecstatic one moment when everything goes your way and depressed the next when things don't work out the way you want them to, is no way to live a fulfilling life. When you stop giving outside things the power to effect you, the mind becomes calm and clear and life becomes truly wondrous. A calm mind and serene heart brings abiding peace.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: September 15, 2015 02:35PM

@ Suvine: I know you wanted Prana's assurance that everything will be okay, but I thought I'd stick my nose in.

Based on the breakdown in society (ours) and the world in general that I myself have seen over the past 55+ years - and not on any web bot reports (they prove nothing) - I suspect that things will indeed be pretty bad.

Batten down the hatches, suvine. There's little we can do except to maybe run for the hills. Better yet, read Living Food's comments of today (September 15th).smiling smiley I do think that while his advice is good that we should calm down, I don't agree that we should relax 100%. It is okay to plan for emergencies, and then put your faith in whatever greater wisdom it is you believe in.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2015 02:38PM by Horsea.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: September 15, 2015 07:57PM

Quote

I do think that while his advice is good that we should calm down, I don't agree that we should relax 100%. It is okay to plan for emergencies, and then put your faith in whatever greater wisdom it is you believe in.

Being prepared is of course a good thing, and I didn't meant to imply that we should just all sit on the sofa watching TV because we have faith we will be OK. It is important to take action, but the key is that once you have done so you shouldn't keep worrying endlessly about what may happen sometime in the future. Worry is a thief, and what it steals is your joy and peace of mind. Why continue to entertain it day in and day out? The more you think about such things the more power they hold over you, until you begin to find it very difficult to NOT worry about things. It is much better to guard your mind against such negative thoughts now and cast them out, instead of indulging in them until they start to control your thinking habits.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: September 15, 2015 08:21PM

Things are changing, and some of those changes take us out of our comfort zone. I would be wary of listening to the "doom and gloom" report about change, as this will make each of us resistant to the change that is so badly desired by most people. Yes, the financial elite is collapsing, but this is a good thing. These folk have kept the USA in a state of perpetual war. I am happy to see China, Russia, Brazil, India, etc get out from under the yoke and control of this financial elite.

I would suggest people focus on what they want their world to be, how it can be improved and to experience gratefulness for that which you love in your life.


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: September 15, 2015 08:25PM

In the past when civilizations met with calamity, it was always when the culture had degenerated and turned corrupt, and people's hearts were full of wicked things. I say we have come to that period once again today. Today's society is full of base things, with people worshiping money and power above all else, crime and drug use rampant, degenerate lifestyles being glorified, and traditional morals (almost) nowhere to be seen. However, it appears to me that throughout history when civilizations toppled, it was always the wicked and corrupt that was done away with whereas benevolent people survived and got to experience the next stage of history.

I have no fear because I live my life by very high moral principles and know I am being watched over, but many people today would not have such protection and are indeed in danger because of their lifestyles and immoral thoughts.

I hope that I don't sound too far out here, as that is not my intention. I'm just trying to help people understand that morality is indeed important, and that as far as insurance policies go, there is none better. The wicked will always meet with disaster eventually, whereas the righteous are protected by mighty forces. This idea was common knowledge in ancient times, but today very few people believe in such things anymore because they worship science as their god and are blinded to higher things. Just because it is no longer commonly accepted does not make it false, as God's arrangements are not dictated by man's belief.

When things reach an extreme they will always turn around. Everything is sliding downward in today's society, and that cannot be allowed to continue unabated. Once we reach rock bottom everything will become good and wholesome again as the bad elements will have been purged. With this knowledge and mentality, what's there to fear? Even if disaster strikes and our current civilization falls, after those few difficult years have passed, what awaits us in the future is only the very best things.

History's development is cyclical. Everything is good and pure at first, then slowly becomes tarnished over a long course of time, until it has become so bad that it is destroyed and created anew. We can see this principle everywhere in the natural world, where everything decays over time, falls apart, and then leads to new life which is pure and wholesome instead of decayed and deteriorated. From my perspective it is a blessing and the greatest of luck to be living in such trying times as today, because it is only by living in the time where everything is about to fall apart that you get the opportunity to be a part of the glorious new era.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: September 15, 2015 08:33PM

Amazing changes are happening in the world, and while they may be scary to some, I say nothing could be more marvelous. What we are experiencing is the purging of everything wicked and degenerate and the return of the magnificent culture that humanity is supposed to have. Very few people get the opportunity to live in a time when humanity is renewed at the end of a corrupt civilization, but everyone alive today is going to witness this sacred occurrence and then move ahead into an incomparably glorious future.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Date: September 16, 2015 02:29AM

Living Food Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the past when civilizations met with calamity,
> it was always when the culture had degenerated and
> turned corrupt, and people's hearts were full of
> wicked things. I say we have come to that period
> once again today. Today's society is full of base
> things, with people worshiping money and power
> above all else, crime and drug use rampant,
> degenerate lifestyles being glorified, and
> traditional morals (almost) nowhere to be seen.
> However, it appears to me that throughout history
> when civilizations toppled, it was always the
> wicked and corrupt that was done away with whereas
> benevolent people survived and got to experience
> the next stage of history.
>
> I have no fear because I live my life by very high
> moral principles and know I am being watched over,
> but many people today would not have such
> protection and are indeed in danger because of
> their lifestyles and immoral thoughts.
>
> I hope that I don't sound too far out here, as
> that is not my intention. I'm just trying to help
> people understand that morality is indeed
> important, and that as far as insurance policies
> go, there is none better. The wicked will always
> meet with disaster eventually, whereas the
> righteous are protected by mighty forces. This
> idea was common knowledge in ancient times, but
> today very few people believe in such things
> anymore because they worship science as their god
> and are blinded to higher things. Just because it
> is no longer commonly accepted does not make it
> false, as God's arrangements are not dictated by
> man's belief.
>
> When things reach an extreme they will always turn
> around. Everything is sliding downward in today's
> society, and that cannot be allowed to continue
> unabated. Once we reach rock bottom everything
> will become good and wholesome again as the bad
> elements will have been purged. With this
> knowledge and mentality, what's there to fear?
> Even if disaster strikes and our current
> civilization falls, after those few difficult
> years have passed, what awaits us in the future is
> only the very best things.
>
> History's development is cyclical. Everything is
> good and pure at first, then slowly becomes
> tarnished over a long course of time, until it has
> become so bad that it is destroyed and created
> anew. We can see this principle everywhere in the
> natural world, where everything decays over time,
> falls apart, and then leads to new life which is
> pure and wholesome instead of decayed and
> deteriorated. From my perspective it is a blessing
> and the greatest of luck to be living in such
> trying times as today, because it is only by
> living in the time where everything is about to
> fall apart that you get the opportunity to be a
> part of the glorious new era.


You don't sound too far out there at all, you sound like a man who has worked lots of stuff out and is full of wisdom. Bravo Living Food, your posts are truly wonderful.

I feel very positive about the future. I don't worry about anything. I know why l came to Earth and what my life and future holds and why it is set up like this (`they' unlocked my memory of previous lives and showed me stuff). Whether many on the Earth get destroyed or not, l will survive. How do l know? Because l have been shown things by the mighty one, the great King of the cosmos.

Be good people my brothers and sisters, and sin not. Get to a stage where you think good thoughts all the time, and live for compassion, and love your `so called' enermies. Only then will true sickness and old age be conquered. We can talk about raw foods all we like, but if you still have bad thoughts you haven't even got started on a healthy lifestyle. Raw foods is a tiny part of a healthy lifestyle, but attitude is 99.9%. When you live for love, truth, compassion and seek nothing the divine beings will look after you because they see someone who stands for very good things, but you must desire emptiness/nothingness above all else because that draws the true divinity.

www.thesproutarian.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: September 16, 2015 03:16AM

and live for compassion, and love your `so called' enermies.

Compassion has a point of diminishing returns. What does the word even mean? It means "to suffer with". Well, this can turn into moral preening, a desire to be regarded as good and holy by the public. I don't know about anyone else here, but I don't want to spend my life "suffering with" others. I pick and choose who I choose to suffer with, and people who are wicked (by my judgment) aren't on that list.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Date: September 16, 2015 04:21AM

Horsea Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and live for compassion, and love your `so called'
> enermies.
>
> Compassion has a point of diminishing returns.
> What does the word even mean? It means "to suffer
> with". Well, this can turn into moral preening, a
> desire to be regarded as good and holy by the
> public. I don't know about anyone else here, but
> I don't want to spend my life "suffering with"
> others. I pick and choose who I choose to suffer
> with, and people who are wicked (by my judgment)
> aren't on that list.

We are all suffering here on this Earth, our body gets cold, we get disease etc, so we all do "suffer with" each other. The body can easily become physically uncomfortable and we have a body to carry around that can easily become diseased and aged despite raw foods, and we can also can become mentally uncomfortable, so yes, we are all suffering in this dimension, so when humans turn on each other we could learn to love and forgive because we are all in a tough enviroment, and not everyone realises the consequences of their undesirable actions on others because heir is also suffering in delusion like we all are until complete high level enlightenment is reached.

www.thesproutarian.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 18, 2015 12:00AM

Skills in case we are in an apocalypse?
Let me think.
I can run away from the bogeyman. Better yet, I can hunt down the bogeyman and make him eat canned spinach while I enjoy a fresh plate of shelled raw peas that the bogeyman had to shell all by himself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 18, 2015 07:06AM

sproutman says


<<We can talk about raw foods all we like, but if you still have bad thoughts you haven't even got started on a healthy lifestyle>>

quite true

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Date: September 18, 2015 07:15AM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sproutman says
>
>
> <>
>
> quite true

Yes, but this is not just a fancy theory, this piece of wisdom comes from very deep spiritual experiences. This is not just a sound good statement, it is very VERY deep and a book could be written on that sentence alone. It goes deeper than what most probably imagine.

www.thesproutarian.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: September 18, 2015 02:33PM

It doesnt look good in Europe right now.


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: September 22, 2015 03:31AM

so yes, we are all suffering in this dimension, so when humans turn on each other we could learn to love and forgive because we are all in a tough enviroment, and not everyone realises the consequences of their undesirable actions on others because heir is also suffering in delusion like we all are until complete high level enlightenment is reached.

Alrighty then. Loving and forgiving folks who continue to treat you like pure sh*t is not spiritual or healthy or smart. Have you considered that maybe they need a little boot in the arse? Down the line, they'll thank you for it, they really will. I sure feel that way now that I've had time to think about how my mother would give me a lecture on this & that (as an adult). Yup, she was right. Forgiving me and pretending I wasn't doing wrong would not have been a favor to me at all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: September 25, 2015 05:34AM

Horsea, I really feel guilty about being mean to men, But yes I have been. And its awful. I am not perfect. But my aim is to be. My will. But well, I have to bring both my un and subconscious to that.

I often think what do I have to do if I have to kill someone in days to come...and you know what, its such a boogie man, I dont even want to think about it. I am so deep and far away from others, I live in paradise...I think I will always be safe.


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: September 30, 2015 04:29PM

I think black raw nori sheets would be a good bet. Mineral wise. If lets say we were in Stalin's Soviet Union and were farmers..


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: September 30, 2015 10:51PM

suvine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think black raw nori sheets would be a good bet.
> Mineral wise. If lets say we were in Stalin's
> Soviet Union and were farmers..

In one of my many seaweed books I read that raw nori (but not nori processed into sheets), properly stored, improves for 20 years as it's proteins very slowly break down.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: November 08, 2015 04:55PM

In one of my many seaweed books I read that raw nori (but not nori processed into sheets), properly stored, improves for 20 years as it's proteins very slowly break down.

Holy cow, that is interesting! Where on earth do you get nori not processed into sheets?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: November 08, 2015 05:45PM

Horsea Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In one of my many seaweed books I read that raw
> nori (but not nori processed into sheets),
> properly stored, improves for 20 years as it's
> proteins very slowly break down.
>
> Holy cow, that is interesting! Where on earth do
> you get nori not processed into sheets?


[theseaweedman.com]

Looks like Larch is out of it, and some cool other seaweeds, for this year. Next season's crops should start becoming available next spring to summer.


All his products are of excellent quality. He is very careful about harvesting ethically and keeping his drying temps low so if you like high quality seaweed I would recommend buying some from him now. He will then keep you informed via email when next year's crops become available so you won't miss out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: November 09, 2015 12:41AM

Thanks for the info and recommendations, Sue. Guess I'm outa luck for now. - Horsea.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What raw food skills do you have if society breaks down
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: November 09, 2015 12:50AM

Horsea Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the info and recommendations, Sue.
> Guess I'm outa luck for now. - Horsea.


You're welcome, Horsea. In a few short months it will be available to you. When I get word it's back in stock I'll PM you with the news.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.


Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables