Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

"Mr. Sproutman" killed in crash.
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: September 11, 2015 06:28PM

[theberkshireedge.com]

Falls Village, Conn. — A Great Barrington man was killed in a two-car accident on Wednesday (September 9) evening when his car and a pickup truck collided on U.S. Route 7, according to Connecticut State Police in Canaan.

Steve Meyerowitz, 65, was pronounced dead at Sharon Hospital after his Volkswagen Beetle and a Nissan Titan collided near the double yellow line. Police say Meyerowitz was heading northbound. The driver of the Nissan, Roger St. Pierre of Torrington, Connecticut, was also transported to Sharon Hospital for evaluation, but moved to Hartford Hospital for possible internal injuries.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Mr. Sproutman" killed in crash.
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: September 11, 2015 09:21PM

Best of luck on your spiritual journey, Sproutman! Thank you for everything you've contributed to the raw food community. So many naturopathic doctors and holistic practitioners are being killed and now this. It's sad but it was meant to be this way for a reason. It's always darkest before the dawn.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: September 11, 2015 10:04PM

Sroutman! Thanks for your contribution to the raw world. I will miss your presence.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 12, 2015 12:57AM

Steve,

If you are reading this.. I really enjoyed your juicing book. The one that had the "waterfall" that looked like carrot juice . It was one of the first juicing books I got. Thank you.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: September 12, 2015 01:54AM

I will never forget...
The Sproutman

Seeing him every year at the Tribest booth at the Natural Products Expo, visited by thousands each year. He was masterful with sprouts and making wonderful dishes with them. The tribest booth has always been one of the most wholesome booths with the healthiest food offered. Steve brought it to life. Steve grew spectacular and immaculate sprouts.

Steve shared a beautiful and precious gift with the world.

Date: September 12, 2015 02:26AM

Great words Tai. Steve played such an important and unique role in the health food world by promoting sprouts because he knew they were the best foods of all. His real skill was the growing of the sprouts, and his sprouting book was quite advanced for it's time.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: September 12, 2015 01:11PM

Why do the good people have to leave us?

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: September 12, 2015 08:44PM

Rest In Peace.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 12, 2015 08:52PM

raw practicalist says

<<Why do the good people have to leave us?>>

He will be missed.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: September 13, 2015 08:13PM

I have a photo of him I took at Raw Spirit. Man. Thats like how Ann Wigmoe died, in a freak accident.

You think it was murder PRANA?

I OrDERED HIS SEEDS JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO, I HAVE two of his TRIBEST sprouters....

I was cleaning it ...this morning..

ahhh

I am so sad.

From EARTH WE COME and to EARTH WE RETURN...maybe he will come back as a sprout.

He left before DAYS TO COME...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2015 08:22PM by suvine.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: September 14, 2015 12:15AM

very tragic and sad sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables