Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I'm soooo cold??!!
Posted by: cindy5393 ()
Date: January 03, 2007 10:26PM

I am totally vegan and about 80% raw maybe a bit more but sometimes I just want roasted vegies. I have been vegan 4 yours but wated to try raw for the weight loss aspects (lost 10# in 4 weeks) Had some cheats over the holidays. Lately I have been sooo cold I need to sit in a hot tub of water to feel better and it seems to make me achy since I am rigid with so much cold? Has anyone gone through this at all? Also when people say a high fruit diet how much fruit do you consume on average in a day?
I love this site and have gotten lots of good info thanks every one!

Cindy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm soooo cold??!!
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 03, 2007 10:47PM

This was discussed recently, here is the link: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 03, 2007 11:18PM

I hear you. This is an often-reported detox thing. Take an easier transition pace. Set smaller goals. Get plenty of sun and dress warmly. You should make it through in one piece! LOL.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: January 04, 2007 02:30PM

You may want to Try "pita" herbs, foods like: Hot spices, Mustard seed(raw in salad, or dressing) Cloves before the meal.
I Have NOT gone through such phase, and i think it is a symptom of bigger problems.

Please DO TRY: NOT EATING FRUITS AFTERNOON, Eating more vegetables, and nuts afternoon, and Above ALL:
RAW CARROT WHEN COLD!..
i found: eating 4, 5 carrots, sometimes 3: allows for natural heat coming from digestive processes to WARM YOU FROM INSIDE.. GUARANTEED!.. smiling smiley

If STILL Feeling cold only one other other reason: PARASITES.= BOWEL CLEANING.
I Recommend Grapes: Curation, that in winter may require to take warm baths for a couple of days, but after words eating properly You literally "BURN" from Heat from inside, allowing You to dress lighter, and not get sick.
3 days straight ONLY GRAPES. around 6 pounds daily.
PLEASE DO READ A BOOK EXPLAINING HOW TO DO IT. Only NONO in this is if You are Diabetic: With DOCTORS watching, close monitoring of blood sugar levels AND Caution People Even with diabetic have gone through it and healed from it.

That will do ALMOST as good as bowel cleanse.

WHY Cleaning..?:
How about: You may have anywhere from 10 to 30 pounds od dead food, bacteria, and parasites in You, clogging Your Intestine, ROBING Your Body of ANY HEAT That could be used to warm You Up.
Check this out!. winking smiley

RAF.

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Posted by: violetpetals ()
Date: January 04, 2007 10:37PM

What is the name of the book for fasting on grapes?

Posted by: Raw Step By Step ()
Date: January 04, 2007 10:49PM

I live in Colorado and although it may not be as cold as the northern states, it does get cold for me since I'm a California transplant.

The one thing I will do if I'm feeling particularly cold is have hot herb or white tea, which is better than eating cooked veggies since the body doesn't work as hard to assimilate and evacuate it. Not that I'm advocating this mind you, but if you're going to eat anything, it would be a better choice than cooked food.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: January 05, 2007 01:17AM

I get cold easily too. A few adaptations I picked up so far:

(1) don't eat food from the refrigerator! When we eat cold food, especially juicy fruit which has lost of cold water, it makes us cold! I like to let my food warm up to room temperature. If I take something from the friggy and am pressed for time, i'll set it on the heating vent with a towel over it to warm it up faster.

(2) If you make a raw soup, you can warm it up on the stove. When you cook, you heat stuff up past where you can safely eat it, then let it cool down. With raw, you can just warm it up until the max temp (before it's uncomfortable to your finger, or if you have a thermometer, below 115) and then stop.

(3) I sometimes take the chill off by warming something up a little in the dehydrator, especially if it's something like a raw burger or tortilla that's been refrigerated.

I am also exploring why i get cold more easily than I'd like. But these few things have helped me not make it worse with food!

As far as eating fruit: an average day for me so far this winter has been: 16 oz OJ, or a dozen dates for breakfast. 5-8 persimmons for lunch depending on size, with a head of lettuce. For dinner, an appetizer of a couple more persimmons, then 1 quart banana-strawberry smoothie with more lettuce and/or celery and/or spinach.

Love,
Uma

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2007 01:20AM by uma.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 05, 2007 02:30AM

I just read the book The Coconut Oil Miracle, and you might want to check that out. I have added organic virgin coconut oil to my raw diet which I just started back on Jan. 1st along with my room-mate. We are both hypothyroid, and she also has some other health issues..so we both get cold easily..she much more so then me.

I believe the coconut oil helps me. I add it to my smoothies ususally. I try to get 1-3 T a day.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: seajaee ()
Date: January 05, 2007 03:44AM

Prism,

Hi, I have a very close friend who is now hypothyroid after having iodine treatment for being hyperthyroid. Can you recommend any foods/herbs that might be helpful for the condition? My friend is not a live foodist, but doesn't have a 'bad' SAD diet (if such a thing exists).....lots of fruit and veggies, but will eat chicken, turkey, and fish....also smokes....

Thanks because she has asked if I know of any natural ways to help her symptoms.

Seajaee

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 05, 2007 05:09AM

There's a website where there is lots of info. [www.wilsonsthyroidsyndrome.com]

Love,
Prism

Posted by: na(raw)dia ()
Date: January 05, 2007 06:29AM

I don't know if you have lower body fat, that could be one of the causes since you have lost 10lbs. as stated.

Digestion with cooked foods requires a lot more energy, thus producing more body heat.

I suggest cayenne pepper and garlic, since it helps with circulation as well as cardio!

Date: January 08, 2007 09:42AM

I Agree "Pita herbs, foods" should be on TOP of "cold" People's List.. winking smiley

VERY, i repeat VERY Important is Eating VEGETABLES!..
During process of digestion of proteins, Enzymes from RAW Vegetables produce Heat.. A LOTS OF Heat.. Considering, that raw foodist have relatively clean colon, heat produced during this process IS Enough to Heat person to such a degree that walking without clothes during winter IS possible.

Since blood is more liqid than in "cooked food People winking smiley" it can flow in lower temperatures, NOT allowing for blood to clog, or for salt and other minerals to CRYSTALIZE at our nerve ends=creating pain..

There is a post regarding clogged ears during transition to raw.. and this is a sign of body dissolving/ removing excess starch from Lymph (our drainage system)..

I have a CHALLENGE!... I would like to start.., but diet is NOT a race.. it is a Lifelong commitment to growing and harvesting THE BEST Of Health ones' Body can provide..

It's ALL ABOUT CARROT...
smiling smileysmiling smiley
I would like for You to TRY following: When you feel cold, try to:

1. Boil 1/2 Qt (2 glasses) of water, and drink as if you would drink tea(HOT tea)
2. Than after 20 minutes eat 3 to 5 carrots. TASTY, FRESH, JUICY, SWEET Carrots, not some old yellow, and dry pieces of.. what Used to be a carrot.
AND..
3 "Report" back.. what happened after 30 minutes to 2 hours after eating carrots...
If You do, I will explain the mechanism of HOW does it work.. winking smiley

.Needless to Say: "regular" people do get heat from: body struggling, and fighting with food".. and: WE CAN Get heat form Digestion processes..\, and Reap ALL Benefits of having extra energy, clear mind, greater endurance, and more of "NOT WASTED" Energy, vitamins, minerals, For US to use as we see fit.: weather on recovery from disease, or extra energy to achieve extra goals, we seemed to never have energy for..

!!IMPORTANT!!:
Fruit is meant to be digested, and assimilated BEFORE Noon, and Vegetables: AFTERNOON.
This IS Important: as if You eat it in the morning(carrot, vegetables), proteins Will NOT Be fully digested, since our body has an ALKALINE PH, thus, in order to digest it it MUST ACIDIFY „stomach” in order to digest it.. Wasting energy.

MAYBE doing so, creates more heat, as our body MUST do something, it is not inclined to do at the time..
At the same time energy, vitamines ARE, or WILL BE Wasted .. AFTER the digestive process.. during alkalization of our body BACK to normal, SAFE level of acidity.

Posted by: seajaee ()
Date: January 08, 2007 10:35PM

Prism,

Thanks for the website information. I'll send it along to my friend!

8 days raw (about 95% raw at this point) and feeling great!
Seajaee

Posted by: cindy5393 ()
Date: January 08, 2007 11:54PM

Wit...I tried the carrots and actually the first thing I felt was how warm my mouht was and my cheeks then I did feel warmer (Might be in my head )but I'll take it I do it at night because my husband is tired of sweaters and wool socks in bed and I usually get warm enough to take off a lyer at night. Also I have had some stomach pain since being raw and the carrots seem to help I usually grate them and it seems to quiet the pain at the top of my stomach. One good thing is the hot flashes are gone yawning smiley)

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: January 09, 2007 06:43AM

Na(raw)dia,

I dont know about garlic but hot red peppers will cool you off not make you warm.

For me the main remedy for trying to stay warm in the cold is to eat when I am hungry and get plenty of Sunshine like Dave said it does wonders.

I do the Sun thing everyday as long as it shows up.

Cherimoya

Love Peace and Happiness,

Date: January 09, 2007 11:39AM

winking smiley

Yes, ANYTHING that causes widening of capillaries, blood vessels ON THE SKIN is causing body heat to escape.
Yet If eaten WITH THE FOOD creates HEAT In the intestines. Since intestine alone HAS MOST Blood coming through it out of ANY ORGAN.

It allows for sustained heating of a body. IF SUPPLIED With PROPER FOOD.

Carrot DOES THAT, now "PAIN RELEAVE" Function can be given to an alkalizing properties as much as to a Undigestable FIBER Properties.
This very fiver if NOT COOKED contains water and allows for moisture to go to parts of intestine that is being blocked, and clogged with processed starch/food.
By Sucking in acid(pain cause), and supplying moisture so undigested remains of food can be easier slid through OUT.

Obviously THERE is MORE to it than i wrote, and/or KNOW.. But that'll point YOU toward choosing the RIGHT Kind of foods: with similar properties, that allow for optimum health to be sustained/ regained.

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: January 09, 2007 06:46PM

HI Cindy
I experienced the same cold symptoms as you when i first went totally raw vegan.
I just sat in a hot bath to keep warm. I FELT LIKE MY BONES WERE COLD!

I posted a thread about being cold all of the time
A kind soul responded telling me to take a kelp tablet as it would 'warm me right up'
I took a tablet, went to bed, woke up the next morning and the coldness had gone.
I only ever took one tablet.
I have passed this on to lots of people over the years.
Most people who have tried it say it works for them.
Good luck

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables