Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Another sugar video and Brian Clement
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 08, 2016 07:29AM

I listened to this Brian clement lecture:

Brian Clement-Sugar The Kiss Of Death

[www.youtube.com]
As usual, I was dismayed that he lumped all fruit into one category, which Robert Morse doesn't do and yet...
I thought there was good information in it, such as this:

At 40 minutes, Brian said that the initial gulf war syndrome was from aspartame poisoning. The sodas were dumped in the desert with over 100 degrees F that the soldiers drank.

I looked it up and found this
[www.snopes.com]

He said stevia is 300 times sweeter than sugar and is a good substitute.

At 52 minutes, he talks about sugar and diabetes. He recognized that fat is a key factor for diabetes. It sounds similar to Doug Graham on this topic of fat and sugar.

He said you can develop a fatty liver in 6-7 days over eating sugar.

He didn't feed his 4 children sugar. They would drink sprout juice over a mango.

He said the worst sugar is organic dried fruit for teeth. Dried fruit sticks to teeth. He said you must carry dental floss if you eat dried fruit because the rotting happens in seconds. Mike Arnstein's 20+ cavities is a testimony to this.

Osteoporosis has to do with sugar, he says. excessive processed sugar causes large urinary calcium excretion. 58 minutes (sugar is highly acidifying)

He does't believe agave syrup is raw...extracted at 180 degrees.

At 59:00, he says that people are twice as likely to die of heart disease eating 25% of calories as sugar (15 year study). Two times more likely to die of heart attack or stroke. But this study should be examined to see if this was processed sugar. Does anyone have a link to this study? I have to read Essylstein's book to see why he is against fruit juice but is okay with fruit.. I don't remember Essylstein limiting fruit

Says hundreds die of energy drinks annually. one man drank 5 energy drinks and died the next day (1:01). Hhmmm. Maybe the man ingested something else too.

He said that fruit causes premature aging. Brian purposely does not want to be a runner because of premature aging.

At 1:05, he talks about sugar and cancer. The only cell that can make a cancer bigger is a stem cell, he said He said fructose can make cancer cells grow. He said that pet scans show cancer eating sugar.
Wait, but then he quotes others who say GLUCOSE is used by cancer cells far more than normal cells.
I recommend everyone read the slide at 1:09:30 to 1:10, because it's odd that glucose is in greens, including wheatgrass juice.
So this goes back to Robert morse's point about sugar and cancer.

at 1:13:00, another really important slide about glucose and for cancer.

the slide at 1:14:00 is about fruit and cancer, but this slide is a bit suspect.

1:21:30, he shares a more significant slide about frutose and cancer. Question is was the fructose isolated from fruit or was fruit eaten in a whole state?

at 1:22:00, he says his friend distilled fructose out of organic fruit for pet scans. here it is clear that it was isolated. Far cry from the whole fruit which has vitamins and antioxidants.

Brian is clearly doing great things for himself with his anti-aging routine. I guess if he is focused on high powered foods like brocolli sprouts and two major green salads a day with tons of sprouts, I can't deny that's super healthy

At 1:31:00, he says 15% of diet by weight can be ripe organic fruit, if you are healthy.

He says when facing serious disease, avoid all sugar, fruit, including cooked carbohyrates.

By the way, both he and Max Gerson agree on one thing, as I recall, no berries when dealing with cancer.

He says avoid coconut oil, if you have an oxygen problem.

cashews are not raw, hence heated fat becomes a carcinogen, so he says no to them.

he says don't mix tomato with greens and don't eat when you are sick, even though he recognizes it's good for some organs. around 1:36:00
heart breast and circulatory problems are good for tomato, he says.

he said most superfoods are nonsense.

how much vitamin c should we consume, someone asks. 1:41:00 He says eat brocolli sprouts and red peppers. He says zinc is better for common cold than vitamin c.

Hippocrates uses liquid form of stevia for flavor.

He says chlorella is cheaper to eat of the algaes. Don't buy from China or Japan, he says.

Kamut has more protein

He says we need more iodine because of more radiation. 50% of women have thyroid problems, he says. Laptop computers and cellphones affect thyroid, he says.

Brian takes 5 types of algaes.

He says lemons have more sugar than oranges. 1:53:00. So he recommends against lemons for disease.
Tai's comment: Wow. this is hard to believe and hear. What about RIchard Schulze who has used citrus for his liver and kidney flushes. What about people who have used lemon juice to dissolve kidney stones. Define disease. Wow, Robert Morse puts lemons as one of the top fruits for healing lymphatic congestion. I am talking about fresh, organic, sun ripened lemons not something out of a bottle.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2016 07:40AM by Tai.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another sugar video and Brian Clement
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 08, 2016 04:35PM

the guy is a walking and talking contradiction machine

Date: January 09, 2016 03:28AM

Brian Clement on Max and Charlotte Gerson and the Gerson Program

[www.youtube.com]

12:30 to 14:30

Brian loves the Gersons, but he thinks that they need to grow. He has a team that is reading the research and he is convinced that they should update the program to reflect the research about fructose and cancer. The Gerson program does not forbid fruit.

(as I recall, in the Gerson program a green apple is used with each juice and I think there's 8 oz of orange juice in the morning. The thing about apples and citrus is that there is a healthy amount of pectin which has many healing benefits.)

I never heard Brian talk about the Gersons before and I wondered if it was avoiding the competition. No, here he raves about them. He thinks Max should have won a nobel prize. He loves them. he just thinks they should have updated the program. He has talked against cooked carbs when fighting disease including cancer and of course, the Gerson program allows cooked potato for dinner.

This really increases my respect for Brian.

Date: January 09, 2016 03:34AM

does eating one diet when you're "ill" and another when your "healthy" make sense to you Tai?

Date: January 09, 2016 08:23PM

Fresh wrote:
does eating one diet when you're "ill" and another when your "healthy" make sense to you Tai?

Tai
Yes, of course. You are talking to an herbalist.

But I do disagree with dismissing fruit just because research has been done on showing negative effects of fructose. Some fruit can be loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and other nutrients vital to healing. Talking about isolated fructose is as good as talking about dried fruit, and no one would try to heal their body using dried fruit. Dismissing lemons because they have sugar? I think that's missing the power of lemons.

I am not ignoring Brian either. I think the answer lies somewhere in between.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: January 09, 2016 11:21PM

Thanks Tai for sharing
If lemon is sugar then sugar is good. I like lemons.

The good thing about raw food and diet in general is that we are the subject of the experiment, we know if a particular food is good for us or not, no matter what someone wrote about it.

One could say commercial fruit is not ripe, or it was harvested weeks before being sold, etc, etc.. but when the conditions are correct, fruit is the superior food. If you are lucky to be in situation to get it straight from the tree, sugar may not be an issue.

Date: January 10, 2016 12:03AM

Tai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fresh wrote:
> does eating one diet when you're "ill" and another
> when your "healthy" make sense to you Tai?
>
> Tai
> Yes, of course. You are talking to an herbalist.
>

more specifically, if he claims that fruit causes cancer or exacerbates cancer why would he think it does not have the same effect when "healthy"? and how would one determine that? seems quite dodgy

> But I do disagree with dismissing fruit just
> because research has been done on showing negative
> effects of fructose. Some fruit can be loaded
> with antioxidants, vitamins and other nutrients
> vital to healing. Talking about isolated fructose
> is as good as talking about dried fruit, and no
> one would try to heal their body using dried
> fruit. Dismissing lemons because they have sugar?
> I think that's missing the power of lemons.
>
> I am not ignoring Brian either. I think the
> answer lies somewhere in between.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: January 10, 2016 12:27AM

When we are sick, the body goes into a resting mode, a cleansing mode.
One wants to drink more than eat.
And the one food that is easily digestible and has a lot water is ....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables