Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

"The PH Miracle"
Posted by: sweterson ()
Date: January 05, 2007 06:29PM

Have any of you read this book? If so, I would love to hear some opinions. I am disappointed that this author and Gabriel Cousens, as well, recommend the no fruit thing. Just when I think I'm eating healthy and doing well, somebody else wants to nix the foods I love, like fruit! I have to say the book makes sense though and the guy's research seems pretty thorough.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "The PH Miracle"
Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: January 05, 2007 08:22PM

The more raw you eat, the more you can use your intuition. In the beginning, when not so raw, go with your "gut"-feeling.

glhf

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 05, 2007 08:37PM

Some people have preexisting health condition that make it unhealthy to eat high sugar fruit until the condition is reversed, I fought that what the message was in the book, not that fruit is bad but if ... then ...

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 06, 2007 01:27PM

Fruit is great, just make sure you eat your greens too!

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: January 06, 2007 01:45PM

good advice,Rob!

Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: January 08, 2007 04:03PM

I think Dr Youg's discoveries Greatly enhance and help us to fully understand what does human health depend on.

..and as said before.. BEFORE You follow ANYONE'S Program, Advice.. It is WISEST to Fully Understand What it does, and cross examine it with COMMON SENSE..

i have read some excerpts on a occasion and fully agree,
Yet, i haven't found anything contradicting(maybe which i doubt it is My to discover yet..)

I DO Eat MUCHHHH Fruit, but i have written previously that for a Sick person FRUIT May be the worst single advice we may give.
WATER be the Best.
Obviously eating piece of meat with parasites is WORSE than fruit, and will more likely damage your health beyond recovery, but advocating fruit as the only way to be ,or get healthy(when sick) may give a FALSE COMFORT and put to sleep all and any signals that body can give us.

1.Use Brain.
2. Use water
3. Use FRUIT smiling smileysmiling smiley winking smiley

.. just kidding. On MY List 3# would be probably greens, or Juices Greens, like wheat..

after #1, and #2 should be: USE PLENTY OF TIME..
When You get healthy "better" Use Fruit to Keep It.. smiling smiley
Well
Eating Fruit is NOT best You can do..
There is SO MUCH MORE You can do better..
Exemple?:
1. eating Fresh fruit.
2. eating Ripe fruit
3. eating local/ seasonal fruit.
4. eating fruit AT RIGHT Time
5. Eating CLEAN fruit..
Clean that is free from bacteria and fungus

The list goes on as far as bettering things..

So BEFORE eating fruit there can be done AS MUCH and more, than I've put above.
I am shure that Dr has a good reason to recommend, and that in some cases it is the ONLY way to go, or start(no fruit).

Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: January 08, 2007 04:08PM

The only fruits I know that can be eaten if you are ill are pineapples and berries, but again sparingly. The facts remain the facts - if you are not ill, you of course can eat more fruits.

Studies indicate that cancer cells (we have them ALL THE TIME in our bodies) grow faster with processed sugars, grain sugars and fruit sugars. They grow slowest with veggie sugars. Just the simple facts I guess.

Blissed be, Annie

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: January 10, 2007 12:54PM

smiling smiley
Yes, too large quantities of any sugar/ food/ protein will overload, than acidify our body, allowing for our healthy cells to turn to"cancer" cells, by not providing enough oxygen, to acidic environment, and bacteria, that grow on dead cells cause other healthy cells to rott, than being perceived as cancerogenous.

It's the CONDITIONS(environment) in our body, not supplies, not some invisible force within us, that turns/ produces cancerogenous cells.

Of course conditions ARE being created by improper amounts and kinds of FOOD, and lifestyle choices( time of meals, order of meals, time of sleep, length...)
So conclusion it IS amongst of other things, that food alone can contribute up to 80% or more in creating environment for disease.
And since MIND is controlling body it is THAT invisible force, that if we do not controll it controls our choices, only satisfying our NEEDS, often as toxic as our thoughts toward ourself.
Louise Hay has got that area covered Quite good.

It very well may be that it IS our SPIRITUALITY, that is MORE important than food(...) since if we LOVE OURSELF we allow ONLY for good, healthy, energising, free of any unneeded violence/ waste of energy, and TASTY food/ nourishment to pass through mouth, giving, the best We can find for ourself.

Whether it will be food for our body OR SOUL
smiling smiley

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: January 10, 2007 03:15PM

It must be something more than food for the Marathon Monks in Japan who run a marathon for 100 consecutive days on a diet of veggies, tofu and miso soup, and that's just the early training.

[www.howtobefit.com]

Posted by: Diana (Cda) ()
Date: January 10, 2007 10:33PM

I just stumbled upon this book a few weeks ago at the library so it's neat that it turned up today right at the top of my search results for something else! <g>

Me, too, I was amazed that after 16 years, this information has come out re fruit. I began my raw food path via "Fit for Life" which totally advocated fruit in the mornings, etc., as way of life. (Then again, Harvey Diamond was on TV 4 or 5 years ago saying he now ate meat, so something was wrong with "Fit for Life", too, I figured out!) In the last few years, I've not been able to tolerate much fruit myself and that I do feel much better without it unless it's a small amount on any given day and I've had _lots_ of greens. It really does work, having more greens!

I'd be careful, though, of one this - Dr. Young advises using hydrogen peroxide instead of pH drops if we can't get pH drops. I suspected that from the beginning. My understanding is that there are all sorts of chemicals in the drugstore variety of hydrogen peroxide and he makes no mention of food grade hydrogen peroxide. The food grade stuff I bought years ago for srouts is a 10 or 15 percent solution (5 times the solution he recommends) which would _burn_ even in the small concentrations for the drinking water. So one must definitely use common sense. I'd love to speak with Dr. Young and have him clarify that issue but as for the rest of the book and ignoring all the cooked food recipes, it really rocks for me. I started the program yesterday so I'll be able to see how it goes, even _without_ the pH drops (which I can't get locally). Hopefully my 16-year struggle will be at an end! I really hope so. Everything raw has helped but I've never managed to get over the "hump" and truly go down the path to ultimate health though I'm very certain I've avoided very serious illness following the raw food path I've managed. It's just that it's not been enough.

And Dr. Young is a microbiologist. That, in and of itself, means nothing -- stupid and ineffectual allopathic medicine is full of microbiologists. It's just that he has the ability to _measure_ his results and to measure them accurately. All the raw books up till now that I've read have been written by lay-people who don't have this man's knowledge of how to record results or to have "treated" the hundreds or thousands of people this man has and to reliably and competently handle the results properly! That says a lot to me personally.

So, here's to my latest hope: Dr. Young's method. I'll know soon enough! <g>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables