Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

the Special thing about Grapes
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 26, 2016 11:28AM

what makes certain grapes so special?
heard of people healing from all sorts of things on grapes or rather... grape juice, even...

are some grapes better than others?

are CONCORD grapes more mineralized/nutritious?... heard stories

there seems to be some kind of specialness to them
especially the darker ones that taste out of this world

there seems to be HUGE differences from taste,nutrition,type of grapes
from one to another

not so much with say...apples..

but grapes?... different

very different

it seems

tell me more

anyone out there a lover of grapes? and know more about them than me? ( i barely know anything... just that they taste good and some seem to have more minerals than others)

also why would concord grapes have a lot more minerals

doesn't it just depend on where they were grown?

anyhow...i'm interested

let me in on the secret of grapes

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the Special thing about Grapes
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: January 26, 2016 11:47AM

On dark grapes...

In science of astrophysics the black holes have so much gravitational energy that light cannot escape. The light is kept inside of the black hole. The white like the sun is reflecting all of the light it has. It gives it away. That is a generialization, I must say.

Dark colored vegetables have more phytochemicals and other anti-oxidants to protect them against nature. They are richer.

The things with the most rich colors are generally those with the most anti-oxidants.

In the world of plant chemicals, anthocyanins are phytochemicals that give blueberries their deep blue color, which not only protect the berry against oxidation, but also bugs and UV radiation. For humans, the dark-colored plant chemicals translate to fighting inflammation and protecting against certain diseases.

Some favorites are iron and fiber rich black beans, lentils, and garbanzo beans or chick peas.

Also check out darker grains, such as black rice and black barley. A quarter cup serving of barley offers eight grams of fiber, which is huge. It's a chewy texture perfect for soups or mixed with other grains.

A 2009 study in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry found black soybeans had the highest levels of polyphenols, which are antioxidants that help protect against heart disease and cancer.

When it comes to produce, black raspberries, dark cherries and currants are sweet and healthy.

On the savory and spicy side, there's seaweed, black sesame seeds and black pepper as well.

These foods are easy to incorporate in your day. Shake some black sesame seeds into your teriyaki bowl, add black beans or black soybeans to chili and swap out or add black barley or black rice to your side dish.
[abc7.com]

When I buy grapes I usually buy dark grapes. And blueberries.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2016 11:59AM by RawPracticalist.

Re: the Special thing about Grapes
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 27, 2016 06:51AM

Raw Practicalist

<<On dark grapes...

In science of astrophysics the black holes have so much gravitational energy that light cannot escape. The light is kept inside of the black hole. The white like the sun is reflecting all of the light it has. It gives it away. That is a generialization, I must say.>>

So, maybe if someone consumes enough concord grapes, they will turn into a magnificent black hole and swallow up all the knowledge of the Universe and become...

?

smiling smiley

Enjoyed reading the correlation between pigmentation and nutritional value. I also like getting purple things . For instance, if I have a choice between getting purple kale or green kale, a lot of times, I get the purple kale.

Sometimes I get a hankering for anthocyanin...other times... chlorophyll. Its a nice mix.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables