Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Winter citrus, including sweet lemons
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: February 16, 2016 06:54PM

Hello from sunny California.
Just a little citrus sharing:

my typical citrus haul in winter
blood oranges that are deep purple-red, pinkish orange cara caras, tangy sweet melo golds, sweet and mildly sour and bitter oro blancos, ecstatic sweet lemons, pink pomelos, weird kaffir-like lemons, and trusty navels.
[www.youtube.com]

my typical winter citrus juice
[www.youtube.com]

A little sharing about sweet lemons, which are good for the stomach and fight colds. By the way, the acidity is very low:
[en.wikipedia.org]

Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
Energy 180 kJ (43 kcal)
Carbohydrates 9.3 g
Sugars 1.7g
Dietary fiber 0.5 g
Fat 0.3 g
Protein 0.7-0.8 g
Vitamins
Vitamin C (60%)50 mg
Minerals
Calcium (4%)40 mg
Iron (5%)0.7 mg
Phosphorus (4%) 30 mg
Potassium (10%) 490 mg
Other constituents
Water 88 g

[www.livestrong.com]

[www.lemon-info.net]

Stimulator for Digestive System: This fruit contains flavanoids that help in the stimulation of the digestive system and increasing the production of bile and digestive juices. It flushes out toxins through the excretory system, by neutralizing the acidic digestive juices. It assists in quick digestion by enhancing the release of saliva in mouth. It relieves you from stomach problems, nausea and indigestion.

Rich in Antioxidants: Vitamin C is present in high amounts in this fruit, and it is one of the most important antioxidant. It relieves you from painful swelling and inflammation by neutralizing the free radicals of your body that can interfere with healthy cells. It prevents and protects you from rheumatoid arthritis, as it is rich in vitamin C.

Anti Cancerous Properties: Liminoids present in this fruit are attached to a sugar molecule called glucose. These Liminoids can be easily digested by our body without glucose and releases the Limonin. Liminoids relieve from the cancers of skin, mouth, stomach, lungs, colons and breast.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Winter citrus, including sweet lemons
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 17, 2016 01:49PM

Thanks for the info. smiling smiley I wonder why we never get some of those varieties in the Midwest. Specifically kafir lemons, oro blancos...

Re: Winter citrus, including sweet lemons
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 18, 2016 04:17AM

Tonight (no conscience influence from this OP) I was at Trader Joe's and bought a bag of heirloom navel oranges. If you ever seen them, you gotta try them! I have never been all that gung-ho about navel oranges but these are so flavorful. Not dry like navels can be. Delish. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables