Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

ronco?
Posted by: all one ()
Date: January 08, 2007 05:01AM

I got a really inexpensive dehydrator by Ronco (5-tray) and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this model. It has no settings for a temperature so figure it's one temp all the time but i have no clue how to find out the temp. I read the booklets and called their number but got no answer from either.

also, this dehydrator is cylindrical and i was wondering what kind of substitute for teflex sheets i could use? would plastic wrap or coffee filters work?
any suggestings or experiances with dehydrating would be greatly appreciated too...
thanks so much

Peace and Harmony

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ronco?
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 08, 2007 09:45AM

I've heard that you can cut teflex sheets to be round to fit... (never tried though!)

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 08, 2007 11:30AM

i have this food dryer also.it is ok.easy to use. i am kicking myself for giving my big good one away. but this fits for a small mobile home that we live in.there is no setting for temp.control on the ronco.i just soaked soem raw potato slices in vinegar and then put them in my trays to dry for potato chips. they are ok. i just got done doing yam chips and beets chips.theses are good. today i am making my wheat sprout bread and will be using this food dryer.i also keep seeing the teflex sheets they say to use but i kept wondering what i could use.i don't know if the coffee filters would work but it seems a good idea.good luck and what are u gonna be making?

Posted by: all one ()
Date: January 09, 2007 09:24PM

well i made some sunflower burgers(came out too hard cause i didnt take them out in time.. still tasty though), and some yam chips with honey and cin. I have also been drying some mushrooms and tomatos cause i have an abundance right now hehe.

that is all ive dried so far, but i plan on making the french bread in the recipe section today.

Peace and Harmony

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 10, 2007 03:43AM

all one-how did your french bread turn out?i made wheat bread-it was so so tasty and wonderful.i did it in the oven as low as the oven could be.i did not have the teflex sheets.oh my! i have never tasted such bread.i soaked raw taters in vinegar-they are half ok.next time i think i will add spicy flavoring along with the vinegar.the sunflower burgers sound so good.did u use sunflower sprouts or sunflower nuts...not sprouted?boy-wish i had some maters to dry.so neat.the yams u did sounds realy good.well-i know that bread will be delicious.taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables