Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Low energy
Posted by: James Smith ()
Date: January 09, 2007 03:23AM

I have low energy a lot of the time. Tiredness, sleepiness, laziness, etc. What should I be eating / doing to change this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Low energy
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 09, 2007 04:06AM

-Are you meeting all of your dietary goals? Look to simplify. My advice is to eat light meals often, to keep you blood sugar up throughout the day. Lose excess weight that might be bogging you down. Stay hydrated. Stay enthusiastic about your daily work. Cut down on extra activities that are not uplifting.

-Keep a reasonable light exercise program...and get plenty of sunlight and fresh air. Commit to a more regular, undisturbed, and more extended rest/sleep period every day. Some folks benefit from afternoon naps of 30-60 minutes.

-Avoid caffeine, nicotene, alcohol, or stimulating chemical and foods. Avoid processed sugars and refined carbs.

-Hopefully one or more of these items will be beneficial to you.

-Power & success to you.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: January 09, 2007 04:06PM

I have low energy to. Mostly these last 3 days. Insane. I dont want to wake up before 10 am! I never sleep past 8:30. NEVER. I have a child so I rarely get to sleep past 8 am. The tiredness is killing me. Im not 100% raw which I wish I was, but Im the highest raw ive been in my entire life. I should have the same energy as I did when I first went raw. I was soooo filled with energy. Oh well.

Posted by: AVOJAMACADA ()
Date: January 09, 2007 06:18PM

I was tired quite abit I recall when I was 100% raw at first.Detox lasts alooong time and you could still be detoxing a bit.
All green food helps for sure too.Reflexology is awesome for energy too.Try this...follow you spine up to the bass of your head were it's kinda hallow....press that hallow part...massage....rub it.As your doing it *think of "life force" opening up and running through your spine and to you body.Do it for a few minutes if you can.I can testify to this one alll the time.
Also,and it's in my opinion alone, I beleive that we an chance ANYTHING with mind over matter.Tell yourself your strong,energetic,powerfull...NOTHING less!!Everything wil come to manifest in time....rest assured!

Hope this helps and see you at the top....Dorian

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: January 09, 2007 09:03PM

Could there be emotional issues going on at present or that you are detoxing from that happened in your past? Sometimes when improving the quality of dietary nutrients it gives the body extra energy to deal with not only current needs but to address old issues.

If there's a lot of repairing to be done--physical or emotional--your body may compel you to rest a lot more than usual.

This may or may not be your case, but just something to think about.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 09, 2007 10:02PM

James, please tell us what you are currently eating? And are you getting any exercise?

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: January 12, 2007 04:35PM

trinity082482 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have low energy to. Mostly these last 3 days.
> Insane. I dont want to wake up before 10 am! I
> never sleep past 8:30. NEVER. I have a child so I
> rarely get to sleep past 8 am. The tiredness is
> killing me. Im not 100% raw which I wish I was,
> but Im the highest raw ive been in my entire life.
> I should have the same energy as I did when I
> first went raw. I was soooo filled with energy. Oh
> well.

I had the same experience! I attributed it to mercury fillings. Do you have mercury fillings? If not then maybe it's something else.... curious to find out.

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 16, 2007 12:22AM

maybe u have S.A.D.-seasonal affective disorder.like cause of lack of lite cause it is winter.could this be?taylor

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: January 16, 2007 01:31AM

You may just need more sleep. If you're tired, sleep more. If you have a sleep 'debt' it can take a while to catch up. Be patient with yourself and rest or sleep when you need to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables