Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

80-10-10 dressings, food combos
Posted by: mallow ()
Date: January 11, 2007 05:36AM

Anyone experience digestive issues with the combinations of orange juice with tahini, or other similar combinations that are used in 80-10-10 dressings?

These sound tasty, but I am concerned as to the combination.

I am not 80-10-10, I eat much less fat, only fresh veggies, fruits, and some seaweeds, kombucha, and nutritional yeast.

I would like to eat more fat because I enjoy the taste and I adore creamy dressings, but I am worried about having digestive problems from all the fat.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 80-10-10 dressings, food combos
Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: January 11, 2007 05:47AM

Never had orange juice and tahini but had lemon and tahini many times no side effects as far as I know from lemons or limes.

I am not a great fan of tahini try buying the seeds and blend them together it is better fresh then for the glass jar.

Cherimoya

Love Peace and Happiness,

Posted by: uti ()
Date: January 11, 2007 07:23AM

The combo of acid/citrus and fat/ seed or nut butter seems to work for me. What I would be most concerned about is getting fresh raw commercially prepared products and then making sure that they don't go rancid before they are used.

I'm still experimenting with making my dressings with fresh whole seeds and nuts. So far I've done okay with grinding almonds and am debating on whether to buy another jar of raw almond butter. Certainly taste is not an issue...fresh ground tastes better; it's just not as convenient.

Mallow, you didn't say how long you've been eating "much less fat" than the 10% average daily calories from fat that Graham advocates.

Uti

Posted by: meinleben ()
Date: January 11, 2007 04:19PM

citrus fruit with fat....or non-sweet fruit with fat works...sweet fruit with fat is what seems to be NOT optimal for digestion...

for example...putting almond butter on a banana could give you problems....
see what works for you....

one of my favorite dressings right now is...tahini, a cucumber, juice of a lemon, and cumin...i know, i know....spices are not optimal...but this combo is really tasty....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables