Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sore gums and teeth
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 11, 2007 06:20AM

Hello,

I am new to a raw diet (only 3 days) but am already experiencing great soreness in my gums and tongue. Gums are very red and so is tongue.

The book I am reading says I may experience headaches, nausea, digestive problems but mentions nothing of the mouth. Does anyone know if it could be my mouth reacting to the all the fruit and salad I am eating? Even bananas cause it to sting! I do not want to stop eating raw diet incase it is my bodies way of releasing toxins? But am worried that problem will get worse.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and kind regards.

And sorry if this is not the correct place or manner in which I should be making this post.

Peter

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sore gums and teeth
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 11, 2007 06:47AM

When I get sore gums and teeth, I take it as a message from my body that it doesn't want food. My mind may want all kinds of food at this point, but my body doesn't. When I listen to my body and give it what it asks for, I am rewarded with excellent health. With regards to sore teeth, there are times when I listen, and times when I don't. When I don't, I usually get to learn a different lesson, like having a detox or illness linger for longer periods of time.

If you can make the time for it, it would be best to stay at home and in bed, eating either nothing or very little until you feel better. The more energy you expend in your day to day life and in the digestion of food, the less energy that goes into healing.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 12, 2007 05:33AM

Well..any body orifice could be a place for detox symptoms. You might try rinsing your mouth out with a mix of hydrogen peroxide and water. A water pik with a natural mouthrinse is good, and you can use a bit of peroxide mixed with water for the pik.

While Vitamin C is good for you, maybe you should stay away from citrus for now and go with the other fruits until your mouth is better.

Could also be if you aren't used to eating lots of fiberous foods, it's irritating your gums. What condition are your teeth in to begin with?

I'm having all my teeth done finally..all my broken and missing teeth, cavities, and root canals that were badly needed. It's been 5 or more years I've lived with broken teeth, cavities, and a missing tooth. Thru it all I've not had a gum infection..because I believe the use of a water pik every night with a little peroxide mixed into the rinse water helped. So, I'm able to get everything done without any antibiotics. No more mercury fillings!

So, maybe a visit to the dentist is in order for a check on infection.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 12, 2007 06:40PM

I used to get sore teeth from eating nuts, I stopped along time ago

Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: January 15, 2007 04:15PM

I Agree w/Brian, and all,

I'd like to add:
depending on what your diet had been before you may be getting this reaction because:

a) your thong had been continuously abused with salty foods and spices. Now it has burned out taste buds causing pain

b) this is a reaction that will go away as soon as your parasites in mouth(bacteria) will die because of not getting "food" - cooked, processed fats, starch, etc, that stick to your teeth and glue your teeth pockets.
= after detox.
I found that chewing a clove helps greatly to eliminate bacteria in your mouth(on thong, cheeks, teeth..)

c) mixing to much of different acidic fruits/food can cause your mouth to be sore.
go on a no acidic fruit "diet"winking smiley for a couple of days, drink more water before the meals, and try not to mix to many ingredients during one meal, that will make it easier on your mouth till micro flora will readjust.

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables