Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Going ape
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 14, 2007 05:27AM

This link recently came out in another forum: Going ape

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2007 05:30AM by Bryan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Going ape
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: January 14, 2007 08:12AM

I'm feeling kinda apish. smiling smiley

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 14, 2007 09:21AM

cool article smiling smiley

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: January 14, 2007 03:26PM

i watched and taped this tv show. i was surprised no one said they were detoxing. they didn't even give them knives to cut produce up, because this is a pre-tool diet, so they munched their way through 5 kilos of fruits, veg and nuts per day. They all stuck to it and were positive about it but all resumed a cooked diet.

Posted by: chilove ()
Date: January 14, 2007 06:08PM

I think it is awesome that a show did this!!! Very cool!

All the best,

Audrey
www.rawhealing.com

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 14, 2007 09:58PM

David Jenkins wrote an influenial paper on this diet over 5 years ago. He made himself one of the subjects, even.
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

It certainly influenced me. I don't eat 5 kg worth of plant matter daily, though, my dose is more like 2-3. It seems to me that 5 kg or more per day would be intractable for most people, especially if they had to work for a living outside the home.

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 16, 2007 12:04PM

what is kg? you say 5kg?what amount is this?and your dose is 2-3.i don't know but maybe i need to do this.thanks talyor

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 16, 2007 12:31PM

kg is kilograms, it is about 11 pounds

(You can type

5kg in pounds

directly into [www.google.com] and it will do the calculation for you!)

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 16, 2007 09:59PM

> don't know but maybe i need to do this.

Each kg is about 2.2 lbs. 5 kg/day is a small mountain of plant matter. In the Jenkins trial, groceries donated the foods to the test subjects delivering them on a daily basis and the subjects reported to the testers the amounts that they didn't eat (most could not finish their daily quantities).

Most people would have difficulty with even half as much. It is also very expensive and time-consuming. But the benefits for the circulatory system, the heart, and the large intestine are very great.

Whatever you can do, as much as you can do, do it. But you probably should start slowly, gradually increasing your amounts. Otherwise you will have lots of GI distress including gas and bloating.

1 lb or more of greens + 4-5 lbs or more of fruit (including nonsweet fruit) and a handful of nuts/seeds and/or half an avocado is a good ratio. You can juice a modest part of it, although there was no juicing in the Jenkins test, which specifically aimed to see the effects of very high fiber in the diet.

Many people have this knee-jerk reaction against conventional medicine and trials. But Jenkins is one of us, he wants to promote plant-based diets as disease prevention, maybe not necessarily all raw but lots of f+v for sure! And I suspect the same is true for many others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2007 10:02PM by arugula.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: January 16, 2007 11:17PM

To me, going ape is coming back to our apish (and frugivorous) origins. No wonder it feels good.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: April 13, 2007 12:57AM

This is a great post!

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 13, 2007 01:22AM

why are you bumping all these old posts? curious

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables