Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

calories and juicing.
Posted by: mama2obaj ()
Date: January 15, 2007 11:35PM

does anyone know how to figure for calorie chaanges when you juice? I want to juice some kale, apple, lemon, and celery and am wondering how many calories I'll cut out by doing this....oddly, I'm not wanting to lose many-I've already drastically reduced my caloric intake.

sarah

I know some of you don't agree with juicing...that's not my question. I'm just wondering about the calories.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: calories and juicing.
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 16, 2007 12:02AM

well-i don't know but what-a celery stalk has what-15 calories. i don't know.i would figure it that way .a medium apple has maybe 80 cals.so everything i put thru the juicer i would add each with a calorie guide and then maybe take a smidge off for the fact that the fiber is not there anymore.of course.i am new to this stuff but that is my thoughts.taylor

Posted by: mama2obaj ()
Date: January 16, 2007 12:44AM

well, I'm thinking....if everything I run through my juicer adds up to say 300 calories before I run it, are all the cals in the fiber or not? By juicing would I bring my cals down to 250 or 100...it's a difference when I'm trying to keep up the cals, but not go overboard on them, you know?

sarah

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 16, 2007 01:11AM

Might be different for different types of foods. I just went to [www.nutritiondata.com] and found out that 100g of oranges gives you 47 calories and 100g of orange juice gives you 45 calories. But using this method, you've got to take into account that you would need a lot more than 100g of oranges to give you 100g of juice.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 16, 2007 01:28AM

I wouldn't look into the calorie thing.

the more green juice you drink, the more cleansed your body will be, you don't have to worry about calories when your'e raw. The universe has already taken care of that, and made food for us, that is just perfect for our bodies!!!
Look out!! This countries nutrition fact labels are extremely warped;

I've even heard a friend of mine once say "Oh wow, I cannot eat this almond butter, it has WAY too much fat, I think I'd rather get a slice of pizza around the corner instead."

Almond butter has 16 grams of fat per serving, but actually makes you loose weight!
Cooked calories are not the same as raw calories. Same goes with fats.

So drink away baby, and your skin will begin to glow!

-Cory

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2007 01:33AM by Cmh9783.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 16, 2007 03:11AM

Each food in the nutritional database has the calories/grams from fiber. Just remove the fiber portion from your calculation.

Posted by: samina ()
Date: January 16, 2007 01:51PM

i NEVER consider calories in the raw food i eat. never. it doesn't matter to me.

if you're doing this because you want to lose weight, all i can say is that i went from an 18/20 to a size 6 in 7 months without dieting, just by keeping my raw consumption level up around 85-95%.

keep it simple and don't sweat the details is my advice, mama -- just keep including more of the live foods that make you feel great (whether juiced or not), and you're bound to head in the direction of whatever your health goals are.

winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2007 01:52PM by samina.

Posted by: na(raw)dia ()
Date: January 16, 2007 08:21PM

fruit juices are obviously going to have a lot more calories than greens...if you're juicing greens, it's going to be very minimal.

(off topic but responding to the other posts: if you're trying to loose weight, it doesn't matter if it's raw or not. A person has to burn more calories than taken in...)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables