Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

eden
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 16, 2007 12:06AM

ok-this is a question i have. it is winter and it is cold and hot soup sounds good.i totally agree with trying to preserve foods vitamins...and i agree with a diet from like the garden of eden.but the climate in the garden of eden was so mild they could run around naked.then after sin...the weather changed.well!anyway-so why can we not cook beans.we have fire and why not heat up a hot potato?well-being maybe 80% raw makes allowances for getting a cup of hot soup.taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: eden
Posted by: No5 ()
Date: January 16, 2007 12:54AM

You can add a little jalapeno or cayenne pepper to your dishes for heat.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 16, 2007 12:55AM

You can heat your soup up to about 100 F and it will still be 'raw'.

(If I'm warming food up, I will always do it with an indirect source of heat so there is never a chance it will cook - eg place your bowl of soup in a larger bowl which has hot water in it.)

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 16, 2007 01:31AM

No one is stopping you. LOL. There are no raw food police. If YOU think a heated or cooked food is healthier for you....then I encourage you to eat more of it! You'll have my 100% support.

-David Z. Mason

Date: January 16, 2007 03:59AM

thanks for the tips..i am new at this(a few weeks) and do not know some of the tips.Like the one bowl inside the other with hot water.thank u so much!! wonderful to know.then too!the hot peppers.love them so this will be easy.thanks again.taylor

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 16, 2007 07:34AM

make sure that the hot water in the pot doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl with your soup in it, it should be the steam heating it, not the water. that's called a double boiler, btw, and it's a great way to melt coconut oil, cocoa butter, and/or waxes with oils to make lotions and lipbalms.
you can have tea as well with just warmer water, or mix a bit of warmer water with your juice so it isn't so cold. and you can set your fruit and veg out for a while so it's isn't refridgerator cold when you eat it too! nuts and dates are warming, root veg, sprouted grains, and of course the hot stuff, peppers, garlic, ginger.

Date: January 16, 2007 11:15AM

thanks coco! so much.lots of good tips.now i can continue on...and try to get warm.after i walk my 5 miles and the weather is so cold.i sort of loose body heat and something "not totally cold"is sure good,along with a hot bath.thanks guys!

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 17, 2007 10:57AM

lol, I live in Miami. When I was in Europe I was so cold, I used to drink hot tea..but that's it,
a hot potato would have nade me not only cold later, but sick!!! i mean sick for days..

Guys, I taste a little cooked food and I have phlegnm that is white and cannot breathe for days..like pnemonia.. I learned by lesson a long time ago..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables