Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

RAW DINNER AND IN-LAWS
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 16, 2007 12:23PM

last nite my in-laws came over and i made the raw chili recipe i recently previously had made for me and hubby.it is so good. well! they gobbled it up and said they were quite impressed with its goodness.i was so happy.i served that chili and a veggie platter of jimica and orange bell peppers and sliced cukes and served juice and also halved avocados.it was a good meal.the only mishap was i stuffed the dates(for dessert) with almonds. my hubby hands me something and looks at me accussingly and says"i thought u said these dates were pitted!".he is handing me the almonds i had stuffed in the dates for protein. i said baby-look...i stuffed them with dates.we all got a kick out of that one.so the raw food dinner went over well.taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RAW DINNER AND IN-LAWS
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: January 16, 2007 04:38PM

That is so great.

I was at a party this weekend and my best friends mother-in-law was very critical. I don't ever bring up our eating habits but there are certain people who always do. She went on and on about how she is 62 and is still is doing all right. And God put the animals here for us to eat. Why do people take it personally when you are eating differently than they do? One really irritating thing is that she is so ignorant about nutrition. It was even more rediculous when she had a plate with two scoops of ice cream and a huge piece of cake. The thing that bothered me about it the most was I try to keep a low profile, especially for my kids, and it is frustrating when someone makes a big deal about it. Sorry for the vent but I know you guys will be understanding.

Thanks,
Kise'

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: January 16, 2007 04:58PM

will you share wiyh us this fabulous chilli recipe please?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 16, 2007 05:49PM

pakd4fun, remember, her attitude is why you choose a different path. everything about her is unhealthy. yuck. you know, you could just tell her that you're there for a good time and what she's saying is hurting your feelings so would she just please stop so that you could talk with her about something else? she'd have to be an absolute ass to keep going after hearing "wow, that really hurts my feelings.".

for my son's birthday i made guacamole and salsa with veggie slices and sticks, a fruit platter, fruit punch (with naturally carbonated water) and banana ice cream with carob-date sauce. no one could believe that everything was raw and so healthy, it was awesome.

chili recipe! i want it too!

Date: January 16, 2007 06:12PM

Many times the first thing to spring to people's minds when we say "raw" is carrot and celery sticks or other "rabbit food" as my husband calls it. They don't understand that we can eat much more than just a salad every day. Raw food can be gourmet and delicious, and I'm thrilled you were able to give such a good example to your in-laws. Bravo!

ps- For the record, I adore salads and carrot sticks. smiling smiley

Date: January 16, 2007 06:44PM

The woman is a social moth and I don't care a bit about what she thinks but I wish I did have a polite way to just make her stop. Thanks for the advise coco. I am not sure how to say something without drawing more attention to it and I think I get upset at my lack of ability to deal with it to my satisfaction.

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: January 17, 2007 12:04AM

taylor you asked me for something foodwise, like how I make something. I forgot what it was. Will you remind me?

Thanks,
matt

Date: January 17, 2007 03:51AM

i posted some recipes today, egg salad and tuna salad. i found them in my files from long ago.

Date: January 17, 2007 04:22AM

everyone the raw chili recipe is in the recipe section for everyone.it is good. i do not use the 3 c.of juice i chop up raw tomatoes instead.it is really good.well-pakd4fun-i know what you mean.when i first started out in my husbands family's church.there was turning vegetarian or vegan or raw or whatever.taking cooking school classes and such.i did everything to raise our kids in my hubbys church so there would not be fighting over religion in our family.my first meal was vegetarian...for my mil and brother-in-law.i made a veganmeatloaf and salad and a soybean pie which was flavored to be pumpkin pie.mil just critized the whole meal.i thought "wow"...here i come into all of this and do it all and was new and they had been in this for generations. i was blown away.at the simple idea of doing all this and then i realized they felt they were right in all they thought and i was just of course "expected to do all this".well-u are better than how she acted.i refuse to answer to peoples rude anger cause i am so filled with hope for better.so actually anything other than getting along spells someone has a problem and it isn't you.i think I asked Matt for the name of raw crackers.i did not know there was such a thing.thanks so much -taylor

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 17, 2007 09:04AM

i wish I had a mother in law, you lucky gooses..

Date: January 17, 2007 12:35PM

you can have mine,girlfriend!!! snicker!!! but truthfullu...she is simply amazing.84 yrs old.she exercises and does crosswords everyday and eats healthy and does not smoke or drink .she is actually something else and my fil too.84 and he is married to someone else-she is 60.he looks like he is 60.or younger.does not eat meat or drink coffee and lives healthfully.still coconutcream-i would give my mil to you!hee hee

Date: January 17, 2007 03:39PM

Thanks goodness this was my best friends mother in law and not mine. My mother in law is considerate and respectful and I think I will keep her smiling smiley. Thanks for the reply Taylor. There is quite often someone who has a problem with our eating and I think I might say something like 'please don't make our kids feel uncomfortable about their food.' That oughta shut them up. This was in Texas and I think that has a little to do with it. I often wish I lived in a more progressive place. I live in Louisiana and it is really bad here. I think it is the second fattest state and in the country.

Posted by: ferg ()
Date: January 17, 2007 07:31PM

Hi Everybody,

Reading this thread and just had to share. When I began my raw journey about
9 months ago, I was at my In-laws 40th anniversary party. They married pretty young and are only 60. However, my MIL has horrible health problems, overweight, doesn't exercise and eat awfully. Well, the day of the party, lots of cooked junk food around and she couldn't resist sticking stuff in my face, saying want some (I know, how rude and disrespectful). I held my ground and it just wanted my to be more successful in my journey. I couldn't believe how unsupportive she was, especially since she has tried every diet in the book and is still 100 lbs overweight (of course, she would never try raw because I am doing it--although it would be the best thing she could ever do for herself).

Well, more than nine months later, here i am, 25 pounds lighter, feeling amazing! All I can say is the best revenge is lookin' and feelin' good.

Cheers everyone,
Ferg.

Date: January 17, 2007 09:56PM

Dearest pakd4fun-i was raised in bossier city and in campti louisiana-and in texas. i know what you mean! yummy boudan!!ferg-i am close to loosing 50 pounds. since oct.18th.i have been doing raw a few weeks now.i feel better.i sure agree-lookin and feeling good are great.taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables