Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

David Kelin Fruitarian Author Rad Foodsist passes at 62
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: August 09, 2021 06:09AM

Yes JR will say I'm attacking all the raw food leaders. No, actually I am reporting on the results. I read Davids magazine for many years as he was heavily influenced by TC and his material which I also devoured.

David Kelin Dead At 62

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2021 06:28AM by NuNativs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: David Kelin Fruitarian Author Rad Foodsist passes at 62
Posted by: BJ ()
Date: August 09, 2021 06:57AM

1. Is that 100% confirmed?

2. Was he really only 62!!!

So much fake and inaccurate news on the web that it's hard to comment until we know all the facts to be true.

Nn, how old are you - if you don't mind me asking? If not, that's ok.

Fresh, how old / young are you? I imagine both of you are around my vintage. I turned 70 recently.

From what I read of TC Fry he was a big fraud. Couldn't even follow what he was preaching while eating junk and animal foods on the sly. While some had some value, in it's entirety it probably did more bad than good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2021 06:58AM by BJ.

Date: August 09, 2021 11:50AM

David was 62, and he died of pneumonia according to a posting on Facebook.

From his brother. " A past regretful use of diatomaceous earth as a natural alternative to clearing his beloved cat and home of fleas eventually led to a medical procedure and complications resulting in pneumonia which he could not overcome. '

My cutting and pasting skills are woeful so I just copied a bit of the article here. How do you copy and paste anything to this site?

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: August 09, 2021 03:23PM

Whatever you see that you want to 'copy and paste' -

Put your cursor in front of the text, left click and hold the curser down while you 'copy' or drag the cursor over the area, across and down, to be copied. It will be highlighted in dark blue. Then take your hand off the mouse and press 'control' and 'C' on your keyboard, holding them both down at the same time. Take your hands off the keyboard and go to where you want to 'paste' the text you just 'copied'. Again, put your cursor where you want to 'paste' the text. Left click the cursor. Take your hand off the mouse and then press 'control' and 'V' on the keyboard, holding them both down.

Your text should now be 'copied' to where you wanted to insert it.

Date: August 09, 2021 03:27PM

NuNativs
Yes JR will say I'm attacking all the raw food leaders. No, actually I am reporting on the results. I read Davids magazine for many years as he was heavily influenced by TC and his material which I also devoured.

David Kelin Dead At 62

Thank you so much for posting this. This is so sad! He died before his time really, and not because of his diet.

I want to buy his books or read his articles now very much.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: August 09, 2021 04:05PM

I just turned 60 this year.

Date: August 09, 2021 08:50PM

So you've got two years left...

Here's the Interview of David Klein from the Facebook article -

[www.fruit-powered.com]

He sure knew a lot of people in the raw food movement. He talks about John Kohler and this forum. San Francisco sounds like it was the place to be in those early days. No more.

That he died because of breathing diatomaceous earth is a shame and it makes me think maybe that's how that other raw food guy died also - Lockhart. He breathed dry earth and breathed in bacteria.

Even the raw food diet can't save us from breathing in poisons. I had two experiences myself in the last ten years while I was all raw. I accidentally breathed in a lot of formaldehyde and it screwed me up for nine years so far. I collapsed and dragged myself to a chair where I pulled myself up and sat for hours before I could move. Had extreme vertigo for years and it's still gradually getting better.

Another time, I breathed in mold spores by taking huge sniffs of a moldy towel. I immediately had extreme mucus in my throat and lungs, then lost my voice for a week, and was left with some scar/mucus problem in my throat or lungs. Still not all better.

So be careful what you breathe in because the raw food diet cannot always save you or make you all better.

Date: August 09, 2021 11:05PM

Correct. Just because you're raw doesn't mean you can ignore the realities of life. In fact in some cases it's probably the opposite because people who eat cooked and other heavy items have a buffer of fats, coatings, etc in the internal linings of their vital organs which can protect their vital organs, as opposed to raw.

You can always go to the pet shop and buy a flea collar and get the place sprayed and fumigated once and be away from the house till it's safe to come back, but of course that goes against the ethos of raw foodists that all chemicals are poisons. Also, nowadays a lots of pest controllers use items that are less harmful and toxic.

Date: August 10, 2021 12:47AM

Your story just reminded me of something from many many years ago. In 1972 or thereabouts I was living in the city of Victoria on Vancouver Island. I got a job at a plywood factory where the wet logs would come in and put on a lathe and cut into sheets. At some point they had to be dried and treated in big ovens and etc. etc. etc.

We were shifted every two hours to different stations and at several points there was so much fine wooden dust particles flying through the air that I found it very annoying and unhealthy and didn't want to breathe in all the wood particles. One of the guys working there was wearing a mask so I started wearing one as well. There were maybe 200 hundred people working there over many years and they used to laugh at us. I wonder how many of them would have been suffering down the track from years of inhaling wood dust particles when a simple thing like a mask would have prevented a lot of issues down the track.

At the time I was just a SAD SAD junk food eater but was smart enough to know a sensible thing to do. There someone working at the factory befriended me and gave me a book on healthy eating even though there was nothing wrong with me at the time and a lot of my common sense went out the window.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: August 10, 2021 01:21AM

The Love Thread - a blast from the past
Posted by: John Rose
Date: November 13, 2020 05:02PM

John Rose
Here's a snippet from my "Love Thread" file for a blast from the past...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fruity orgasms
Dave Klein (---.oak.jps.net)
Date: 05-19-01 13:06

yes! This is what I've been waiting to see on this forum for 3 years! : ))))))
[www.living-foods.com]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables