Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Best antiviral iodine
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 24, 2022 12:19AM

Nori (raw purple laver). It also has B12 and gives a boost of energy. It is not high in iodine (close to idodised salt) and can be eaten daily. It is usually collected in low tides. The roasted nori (high temp) has lost the nutrients and you won't get the boost of energy. You need raw (dried at low temp) and preferably organic.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Pathophysiological research shows that iodine could support the innate immune system in fighting both bacterial and viral infections [3], [4], [5]. In 2013 it was shown in newborn lambs inoculated with respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) that iodine treatment resulted in less lung lesions and less pulmonary expression of RSV antigen. Also, in 3-week-old lambs it was demonstrated that iodine supplementation reduced the severity of RSV-infection [3]. Finally, epidemiological data show that in the current COVID-19 pandemic the Japanese, known for their high iodine intake, have a very low number of COVID-19 deaths compared to other countries, despite the fact that Japan has the eldest population of the world and the national lockdown has thus far been one of mild measures [6], [7].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2022 12:21AM by Panchito.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best antiviral iodine
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 24, 2022 10:36PM

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: January 26, 2022 03:43PM

Panchito

Nori (raw purple laver). It also has B12 and gives a boost of energy. It is not high in iodine (close to idodised salt) and can be eaten daily.

That could be good that it's not high in iodine, but contains iodine. Because from what I've read, Kelp is the seaweed highest in iodine, but you have to be careful not to eat too much or too often or you may get too much iodine.

My favorite seaweed (I know they changed the name to 'sea vegetable') is Dulse - from Maine Coast Sea Vegetables.

I'm taking your post on Seaweed to mean that I should eat more. Actually, I haven't had any in a few months.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 26, 2022 10:48PM

Iodine is also anti brain fog. But a minority of people cannot eat too much iodine. The processed nori is blended seaweed and then dried and roasted. It is a commercial product. When you do that, everything looks good (good sales) and have the same color (always looks like good quality). But they mixed good with bad but you cannot tell. With real seaweed you see the whole individual chunks. A bad chunk cannot be sold. Raw nori is purple. Processed roasted nori is green. Colors matter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2022 10:51PM by Panchito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables