Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Scared to detox
Posted by: Siddha ()
Date: January 19, 2007 01:42PM

Hi there!

I am making a gradual transition to RAW, I have Crohns disease and have read some books which claim the raw diet will cure my body. I'm a vegetarian and have chnaged by diet to raw for breakfast up to 12. I have heard about a major detox when going raw that makes you feel ill and give syou bad breath. I dont think i can handle that at the moment, i just started a new job as well so i dont want bad breath lol. Is it still beneficial to make gradual changes?

Siddha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Scared to detox
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 19, 2007 05:55PM

of course, absolutely. go as slow as you want and listen to your body. eating well and taking care of yourself is totally beneficial no matter your condition.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 19, 2007 06:09PM

Exactly as Coco said. You can regulate your own detox by not changing your diet too quickly. Eat heavier nuts, avocadoes and veggies to (or healthier processed transitional foods) to slow your detox.....while light exercise, fasting, fruits, juicing and sunlight will speed up your detox. YOU should be in control of these things! smiling smiley No worries, eh? What do you think?

-Power and success to you!

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: January 19, 2007 06:20PM

I agree. Just go slow and listen to your body. And I do not know what it is like to have Crohns disease, but wouldn't going through detox be worth it if you didn't have to suffer from Crohns disease anymroe?

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 19, 2007 06:55PM

Siddha,

If you are currently experiencing the symptoms of Crohns, you are already in major detox. Going raw will only feel better than before, as the foods are not irritating the digestive system.

An excellent book to read on healing Crohn's is David Klein's "Self Healing Colitis and Crohn's". You can also check out his Colitis & Crohn's website.

Posted by: Siddha ()
Date: January 20, 2007 09:43PM

Hi Guys

Thanks for your replys, yeah i guess having Crohns i'm already detoxing fast. I have the Dave Klien book, im just not ready to go 100% raw yet. I have started having nut milks as well which are great and Im doing a Dr Sulcze 5 day bowel clense.

Take care
Siddha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2007 09:44PM by Siddha.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables