Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dr. Mercola now recommends fruit (lots)
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: June 15, 2023 01:33AM

Dr. Mercola, who was an early proponent of a high fat low carb keto diet, is now suggesting the opposite is more optimal -- a high-carb low-fat diet. He say under 10% fat is too low, but 30% and higher is too high. His ideal is about 15%-20%.

And the best form of carbs to eat, in terms of Dr. Mercola's suggestion, is ripe fruit. For starches, it would be white rice or boiled red potatoes.

He went from eating 50-100 grams of carbs a day to 500 grams of carbs.

Dr. Mercola - Randle Cycle

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2023 01:34AM by Prana.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dr. Mercola now recommends fruit (lots)
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: June 16, 2023 10:59PM

Yes, I saw this on his website several days ago and was floored. 99% of health advisers have no capacity to say, "I have changed my mind. This no longer works for me."

Probably a diet including far more fruit would balance out all that meat protein, and then, sure as the sun rises in the east, people will flip over to something else after that balance is reached. Yin and yang.

The older I get, the odder it seems to me to choose food based purely on beliefs about health. There is so much more going on.

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: June 17, 2023 09:33PM

That's great! I hate how fresh fruit has been demonized for years now thanks to Keto and those other diets, and how it's equated with glucose, fructose, raising your blood sugar. Raw Fruit is totally different than pasteurized and cooked fruit, how it behaves in your body. I've been eating fruit in the morning and afternoon for decades now. And this is a great time of year to eat local fruit, although thanks to the fall-out from the 'Canada Wildfires' that permeated the atmosphere, I won't eat any local produce because it's loaded with who-knows-what they saturated us with. Climate Change my a*s.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: July 21, 2023 12:17PM

Why did so many fruitarian diets fail?

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 25, 2023 04:56PM

Why does fruitarianism fail? Well, off the top of my head, I'd say that eating nothing but fruit is vastly different from including some fresh fruit along with your other foods.

Date: August 02, 2023 08:50PM

[www.aol.com]

Zhanna D’art death: Vegan raw food influencer ‘dies of starvation and exhaustion’

Fruit is not the problem.
\

Date: August 16, 2023 10:45PM

I saw that article, RP. That's a shame!

Thanks for the video of the fruitarian guy. I really want to eat fruitarian - or just raw fruits and vegetables - for like a week or two, but only if I don't lose any weight. Now's the perfect time to do it with all the delicious fruits available. Today I ate oranges, blueberries, grapes, bananas, strawberries, cherries, figs and dates. Also juicing vegetables.

Date: September 28, 2023 08:50PM

Today I ate oranges, blueberries, grapes, bananas, strawberries, cherries, figs and dates. Also juicing vegetables.

You mean you ate this way as a sort of semifast? Or as normal daily nutrition? What did you do for protein?

Date: October 15, 2023 07:06PM

Yes, as part of my going all raw. My plan is to eat all raw this winter, so that I don't get any cold or flu or those so-called viruses they're creating in labs. Because when I ate 10% raw, for like 15 years, I never got sick. Since then I always was sure I couldn't eat all raw again because I'd lose weight, but now I think I can and I've gone a week at a time with no problem in the last couple months.

My diet is - lots of fruit in the morning, including mangos, bananas, dates. Too bad raw figs are out of season now. Juicing vegetables and making a raw blended soup. Nuts, seeds, coconut, avocados, hemp seeds. Definitely cashews, because they're loaded with calories. Something like 300 calories in a half cup.

Also, raw goat milk even though I know it's not optimal. If I didn't, I'd definitely lose weight. But those years I didn't get sick, I did have raw goat milk for part of the time.

The video RP posted of the raw fruitarian guy really inspired me.

Date: November 06, 2023 05:28PM

@Jennifer.

Too bad raw figs are out of season now.

Dried figs are also raw (to the best of my knowledge). Do I have this right.

Date: November 12, 2023 09:57PM

Yes, I just try not to eat dried fruit much. Just dates and sometimes the Golden Raisins. It's good travel food, but you have to make sure you brush your teeth or at least rinse out your mouth afterward.

So this I disagree with -

"And the best form of carbs to eat, in terms of Dr. Mercola's suggestion, is ripe fruit. For starches, it would be white rice or boiled red potatoes."

I'm grain-free. I just eat starchy vegetables. A good recipe for winter is Butternut Squash Soup. Easy. Steam the squash, peel it, add coconut milk and a date or some mango, sprinkle of cinnamon and blend it.

Date: November 21, 2023 06:26AM

. A good recipe for winter is Butternut Squash Soup. Easy. Steam the squash, peel it, add coconut milk and a date or some mango, sprinkle of cinnamon and blend it.

Thanks for the recipe. Squash is my favorite food without a doubt. the finger smiley

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: December 17, 2023 01:21PM

Horsea
Today I ate oranges, blueberries, grapes, bananas, strawberries, cherries, figs and dates. Also juicing vegetables.

You mean you ate this way as a sort of semifast? Or as normal daily nutrition? What did you do for protein?

Hello Horsea

I was shocked to see this question

Are you thinking fruit doesn't contain protein?

Not enough?

How would you know?

Date: December 20, 2023 11:54AM

Ripe fruits are rare, most fruits were cut from the tree weeks before getting to the store, so they are not nutritious, and the protein is less usable. That is why we hear news of some fruitarians dying young.

[www.marca.com]

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Squash is a fruit, I do not cook or steam it, just blend it with other fruit, including raw coconut.

Date: December 20, 2023 01:44PM

RawPracticalist
Ripe fruits are rare, most fruits were cut from the tree weeks before getting to the store, so they are not nutritious, and the protein is less usable. That is why we hear news of some fruitarians dying young.

[www.marca.com]

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Squash is a fruit, I do not cook or steam it, just blend it with other fruit, including raw coconut.

1. The death of the vegan influencer above had nothing to do with her diet.

2. Posting the article trying to make a point about fruit being inadequate is absurd.

3. There's a dozen false statements in the article.

Date: December 20, 2023 03:40PM

[youtu.be]

Mic the vegan on mercola

Date: December 21, 2023 11:34PM

Mercola needs to apologize to all those persons who faithfully took his advice for years and ultimately found they developed problems. Just saying "I changed my mind" doesn't cut any ice with me.

Date: December 21, 2023 11:37PM

fresh
Horsea

Hello Horsea

I was shocked to see this question

Are you thinking fruit doesn't contain protein?

Not enough?

How would you know?

-----------

Eating lots of fruit causes me to want protein-type food. That is how I know. I am not saying everyone is in that category, though.

Date: December 22, 2023 05:21AM

I was shocked because I thought we were we past the protein thing.

It's a false way of putting foods in categories.
Imo.

Fruit is a protein type food.
All whole foods are.

I don't think Being led towards certain foods is because of protein. May be addiction or salt or feeling of too much sweet and need for balance.

My point was the way you said it implies fruit doesn't contain protein. It seems to be ingrained in us

Date: December 22, 2023 05:35AM

Horsea
Mercola needs to apologize to all those persons who faithfully took his advice for years and ultimately found they developed problems. Just saying "I changed my mind" doesn't cut any ice with me.

yes he should.

Not that it means anything.

Except people shouldn't look to others to figure out what to eat

He is confused because looking for studies to determine what to eat is absurd.

Date: January 12, 2024 11:48PM

fresh
Horsea

yes he should.

Not that it means anything.

Except people shouldn't look to others to figure out what to eat

I suggested in his Comments section that an acknowledgment of possible harm done might be nice. I wasn't nasty about it. My comment was removed and I was unable to get into the site for some weeks. Then he relented and let me back in.

Look - if he had not himself had negative consequences to his high-animal-food low carb diet, he would never have begun recommended changing over, would he, then. Why can't he just say, "This diet worked for me but now it is time to change because it no longer works for me However, some folks do well on that regimen, so please continue if you wish. I am sorry if some people experienced negative results from mindlessly following a diet which was right for me for a period of time." Different strokes for different folks. He seems unable to grasp that.

Yes, it is absurd, but some people are struggling and are mentally stuck at a point where the God Science is in their minds the only way to go. And, indeed, scientific info can be helpful in part. But to base your entire eating on medical studies is a fool's errard, I am afraid.

Date: January 20, 2024 01:58AM

In the beginning God created fruits

Response to Dr. Gabriel Cousen's Anti-Fruit Video - Loren Lockman, Tanglewood Wellness Center
[www.pinterest.com]

...And we sprout the fruit seeds
The Most Powerful Food Ever Researched - By Author Brian Clement
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2024 02:16AM by RawPracticalist.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables