Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fear an Ignorant Man More Than a Lion!!!
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: April 30, 2024 03:08PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fear an Ignorant Man More Than a Lion!!!
Date: April 30, 2024 03:16PM

Here are the links for Twitter/X...
[x.com]
[twitter.com]

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: May 02, 2024 05:15AM

Good points JR
We also need to examine why so many failures on the raw food diet.
Even in this forum, many gave up on the raw food lifestyle.

If something is working and get us healthier why stop doing it?

Date: May 03, 2024 02:43PM

Long ago, Socrates said that the Problem of Knowledge is the key to all of our Problems and I have come up with 21 Main Problems of Knowledge with a total of 55 Problems of Knowledge altogether. There are 2 Forms of Ignorance, 12 Sources of False Knowledge and 7 Willingness Factors. These 21 Main Problems of Knowledge are the first 21 Pieces out of the 281 Pieces that I have identified in my special teaching tool - The Ultimate Schematic and the answer to the question below can be found in Pieces 14, 15, 16 and 17.

Why would someone stop doing something that is working and getting us healthier?

Piece #14) Herd Mentality

Humans are Herd Animals and Psychologically, it’s hard to Break Away from the Herd and at some time later NOT want to go back.

As Herbert Shelton wrote in “The Science and Fine Art of Food and Nutrition” on page 414, “Food reform involves many changes in personal and social habits and these often come in conflict with the habits of thinking and acting of your family and associates. Unless, however, you are afraid of being lost out of the social package on the way down town, you have nothing to fear. You do not need to become a social outcast and should not do so unless you are big enough to be an outcast.”

Piece #15) Addictions

Oprah said it best, “It’s every alcoholic’s dream to find some way to still have it.”

Piece #16) Denial

14 Ways Addicts Run To Denial - [www.youtube.com]
1:00 Minute Video Clip

Piece #17) Habits

See Shelton’s quote above and William James’s quote below.

“Never suffer an exception to occur till the new habit is securely rooted in your life. Each lapse is like the letting fall of a ball of string which one is carefully winding up; a single slip undoes more than a great many turns will wind again.” -William James (1842-1910)

I explain the 19 of the 21 Main Problems of Knowledge in Part 4 of an 11 Part Video Series below.

[www.youtube.com]
The Ultimate Solution - Part 4
16:07 Minute Video

Published on Apr 16, 2015
In Part 4, John goes into even more detail with the Definitive Answer to these 3 Questions by looking at 12 Sources of False Knowledge and 7 Willingness Factors or 19 Main Obstacles or 19 main reasons why we have 2 forms of Ignorance where we don’t know we don’t know.

Date: May 04, 2024 12:50PM

It is through trials and tribulations that we gradually achieve self-mastery. There is a tendency to focus on the problems of the present, which is normal, but when we compare the present to past centuries great progress has been made.

Life is about self-mastery and self-discovery. We may receive false knowledge, but our reaction to that knowledge counts the most. We should not solely blame the source of the information, we need to analyze it before digesting it.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 04, 2024 06:18PM

Good point.

And yet you haven't done that.
I wonder why

[www.lewrockwell.com]

Date: May 05, 2024 11:30AM

After many years of abuse, some lose control and may not recover

How do smokers make it through long flights?
My father’s friend has been smoking 2 packs a day for 35 years. In 2005, halfway through his flight from Paris to Los Angeles, he couldn't take it anymore and went to the bathroom to light one up.

Now of course he knew it was illegal but his urges were too strong, so he lit the cigarette, brought it up to his nose while taking a deep inhale without actually sucking on it, and then put it out.

The silent smoke alarm went off, and the co-pilot came to speak with him. He told him: “ Do you know that the fine is $10,000 for smoking ? ”

He showed him the cigarette, apologize and said: “I am sorry, I know, I just lit it, smelled it but didn't smoke it.”

He smiled, pulled out a pack of nicotine gum and gave him a piece. They shared a laugh and he hasn’t flown without the gum since.

EDIT: Many people have been asking for more details about the event so I called my dad’s friend and asked him about it.

This was in 2005, so the laws were a bit different. He lit the cigarette, smelled it, put it out, put it back in the pack, and went back to his seat. That’s when the flight attendant came to speak with him. They brought him up to the front of the plane to discuss what would happen. They asked for his passport, and told him US Police would be dealing with him as soon as they landed. About an hour later, the co-pilot came up to him and told him “ Here’s your passport back. You didn’t lie to me and you didn’t throw the cigarette in the bathroom, you’re free to go.” Then he handed him the nicotine gum.
[www.quora.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables