Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

weight loss
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 20, 2007 01:41PM

howdy all! as u know i am on a weight loss vengence. i hear i don't have to worry so much about calories on this raw food lifestyle.well-i am sort of teetering on the 50 pound weight loss edge by a pound or two and cann't seem to break the barrier.can u guys critque my diet or giv eme tips on how to start loosing again.i have 3-32 oz. jugs of water everyday...i have been having a banana and a couple of dates and almonds for breakfast...lunch a green smoothie with flaxseed meal and maybe an apple in between meals and then dinner-soup and salad or soup and jimica strips and green pepper strips and a carrot ,celery apple juice.i thought the weight would pour off of me on this lifestyle change and i cann't say it hasn't as i have lost ALMOST 50 POUNDS SINCE OCT.18TH OF 2006...but i am shy of a couple of pounds of getting to the 50 pound mark.i just stay...i try to watch calories and no fat or oils.no breads or anything-except an occasional meat substitue-the the transitonal stages of trying to soak this and soak that to make like a walnut taco filling but i go really easy on this stuff?so whats up. i have 50more pounds to loose and i do not want to be stuck at almost-getting there...forever! thanks for any insight you all may have. taylor(i do notice i feel better and my skin is way better-so at least those are really good things)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: weight loss
Date: January 20, 2007 01:43PM

oh sorry! i forgot i try to walk at least 2 miles on the days i work and 5 miles on my days off which is 3 days off that i walk 5 miles.so that is 15 miles there and i do brisk walking.for the exercise part .taylor

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 20, 2007 01:56PM

I hear you. Weight loss/gain plateaus are common. Suggestions:

1) Eat more small meals throughout the day.
2) Put on some light muscle mass
3) Increase your fibrous and dark leafy-green percentage. Vegetables have fewer calories....and it's hard to maintain weight on a very high vegetable diet.
4) Eat a lesser, and more consciously measured amount of fat with every meal - but try to eat SOME fat with every meal to help you feel satisfied.
5) Try to work in some additional & alternative forms of exercise.

-Sounds like you are doing well!

-David Z. Mason

Date: January 20, 2007 04:23PM

thank u David!right now for the most part i eat only the fat in say a couple of nuts or trace amounts in raw foods.i forgot to say i do add kale to my smoothies...i really think u hit the nail on the head about addtitonal and alternative forms of exercise.thanks-again.taylor

Posted by: na(raw)dia ()
Date: January 20, 2007 06:32PM

everyone hits a plateau, just keep doing what you're doing and you'll loose weight. after all it's worked so far...! if you burn more calories than you take in you'll lose weight.

you can always adjust your diet, like cutting out the dates and nuts. you can also try food combining.

Posted by: mallow ()
Date: January 20, 2007 08:13PM

na(raw)dia Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
>
> you can always adjust your diet, like cutting out
> the dates and nuts. you can also try food
> combining.

DITTO!!!

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: January 20, 2007 08:49PM

Wish I knew, I eat like a horse, and stay slender. However, when I got on a soy kick, I gained 20 lbs, went from 113 lbs to 133ish, in a few years time. Gave up the soy, and still ate like a horse, but lost 20 lbs.

I'm my own test rat.

Soy has goitrogens. Goitrogens are substances that suppress the function of the thyroid gland.

[en.wikipedia.org]

When I say I eat like a horse though, this means I love fruits & veggies. I love avocados and eat 1 or 2 a day.

You might want to make some raw soups. They're very filling and delicious.

Date: January 20, 2007 08:58PM

well-before oct.18th-i as eating all really bad foods.then the dr. said no suagr and no salt and low fat-so i went back to the old days of being a vegtarian and then vegan and for the last 3-ish weeks trying to be into the raw food things. i thought the weight would pour off.it has-but i just want to get to that exact 50 point pound loss and it seems i am stuck at like 48 pounds...of weight loss.i can not getit off. i have tried to stay away from nuts cause i do know they are fattening.i think i need to do more veggies.salads and such.i guess...and maybe more exercises.maybe what i was doing at first-like getting off the sofa from knitting and getting out walking-anything short of that i would loose.now maybe i need to do more to kickstart things.but since i am new to this-i thought maybe this is sort of normal.i ate a banana today and some jimica a few hours later-and then a few minutes ago -an apple.so tonite i will have a green smoothie.the end for this day...taylor

Date: January 20, 2007 10:14PM

See, I don't know about that, nuts/seeds are fattening. I've never dieted, never had the will power to because I love food. Tho at the same time, I was putting down about 50grams of fat a day, just in pumpkin seeds alone, and I was ripped. Then I had to have an whole avocado on my salad.

I guess though if one were to put down 100 to 200 grams of nut fat a day. Personally, I only eat a 1-2 tbsp. a day of nuts, but not everydaya anymore. Just as a treat now. The other day, I had pecans with dates and I was in raw pecan pie heaven.

Animal fat and animal products, makes people fat, in my opinion, except for wild fish, like raw sashimi, raw Lox or Nova Lox, or raw skim milk.

Also too much grain. I did not say not to eat any whole grain. Just as a condiment tho, preferably sprouted or rice, because rice has fewer inhibitors. Wheat has the most nutrient inhibitors, but I'm allergic to gluten, so I only eat a little organic brown rice when I feel in the mood.

I hope this helps tho, I noticed with overweight people is, they no what they are doing wrong, and make the rest of us go in circles with them, trying to help, instead of just eating how they should.

Date: January 21, 2007 04:53PM

well-i may be overweight but i am trying to correct that and learn new stuff to help me loose...i am not making anyone run in circles to help me and i am not doing wrong. i was a size 4 about 7 yrs ago and went the menopause and alot of pain from arthritis and having depression.i am correcting things now and on this new not diet- but lifestyle...i am trying to correct wrong things. i am not with this site of people who are young and rude.thanks for what info i have gotten.i hope u rawrrr will find out when u have a bunch of kids and raise everyone and your body is not your own and sometimes life doesn't always work like u think it should-stuff happens.like getting older and your metabolizim slows way down-and your body gets sick and you don' t know why. i have known healthy people who got cancer-so it is not always the answer.i wish u well in your little safe unreal world.good for u -tha tu get to eat like a horse.i am done with this rude site.taylor

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: January 21, 2007 05:25PM

lmao..that certainly hit the fan.

Date: January 21, 2007 08:14PM

I gave birth to 2 beautiful children. My son is 18, and my daughter is 20. Take a look at my myspace photos. ALL my pics are recent. I looked better than this when they were younger because, well, I was younger. A few times at the beach, a few people thought I was my sons girlfriend. I'm 43 all organic vegetarian/vegan since I was 18. I'm only standing up for myself here, because you said it was not possible, like I never had children. And yes, I've baby-sat plenty. I'm not saying I'm that great, just that, don't say you can't be healthy and fit and have kids. And yes, I've had many hardships since my children were born, including the death of my grandchild, 2 divorces, health issues, and other terrible things. Even poverty at times.

At the same time I haven't walked in your shoes.

I'm sorry if you felt I mean't you were running people in circles. I mean't some friends and others I know personally, do this. It gets exhausting. If you eat healthy, you can eat like a horse and never go hungry, like I have since I was 18, when I became a health nut. Peace.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2007 08:15PM by Rawrrr!.

Date: January 22, 2007 11:30AM

rawrrr-it is ok.i am not mad. i am sorry for your misfortune.i guess there is different kinds of people in life. i was one with 3 kids and they are 35,34,and 26 and my stepgirl who is 39.i was very very into my home and kids and trying with all my might to be a good mother. it was my highest aim.i stayed home for the first 17 yrs of my marriage. i have been married for close to 40 yrs. i am very into my family.where i admire u is that u seem to know where others end off and you begin.i was so engrossed with my kids-that when i went thru the change and was actually bedridden alot cause of depression and pain...i did not even know what was wrong with me. i kept going to the dr. in severe pain and kept going and getting heavier each time and i did not even know what was wrong.last yr. they thought i had cancer.i did not.thank the lord. i was on all kind s of meds. and did not know even how to begin to help myself. i am very serious about changing my lifestyle.i have.i got off the meds and lost now-49 pounds...i am walking alot.i have had alot of rude responses on this site and i don't really feel they are deserved. not everyone knows what is correct to eat. i use to eat pigs feet and boudan and crab bile.then met my hubby who was 7th day adventist and thats is when i stopped eating vile stuffs.and had a journey of re-learning my southern background.it was hard to give up.so not everyone just knows what is correct to eat.anyway-i am glad u look so good.and are so healthy.that is certainly the ideal.taylor

Date: January 22, 2007 12:08PM

Note to self: Work on my attitude. I could hurt a lovely persons feelings, such as Taylors.

Taylor, thanks for forgiving me. I'm happy you're back!

Date: January 22, 2007 12:25PM

thanks rawrrr and i am sorry too.hugs taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables