Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pangaia???
Posted by: minou33 ()
Date: January 22, 2007 02:03AM

Anyone have any experiences with Pangaia a raw foods commune in Hawaii???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pangaia???
Posted by: D'vorah ()
Date: January 22, 2007 03:15AM

I visited them once. Not impressed, the owner was bragging about sneaking in varieties of coconuts that weren't legal in Hawai'i. My love for Hawai'i left me feeling pretty unhappy with their outlaw attitudes and disregard for the ecology of the area.

D

Posted by: uti ()
Date: January 22, 2007 05:32AM

No personal experience, but I heard through someone who knows them that they were unsuccessful on a raw vegan diet and now eat lots of avocados and raw flesh and that they have lots of wonderful fruit trees.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 22, 2007 07:40AM

i emailed them about visiting and possibly giving birth to my babe-to-be when i was pregnant 6 years ago. i was told "no way, no children!" and that was that. strange for a permaculture society to have no interest in teaching the way to a next generation but whateve's. i heard that they have changed their ways in that regard now.
i was also told that there was required reading before visiting, instinctive eating by whatever the dude's name was. in the book he talks about eating bugs and flesh and such. not my thing but again whatever.

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: January 22, 2007 11:38AM

I have a friend in Thailand who used to live there. His brother still lives there. Yeah, they eat raw meat, and so does my friend. If you're interested, I could put you in touch with him. He's not aggressive or anything like some people claim about raw meat eaters. But now that you know they eat meat there ....

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: minou33 ()
Date: January 23, 2007 01:05AM

I have been in contact with them. I'm aware of the meat thing (and the nudity thing) and am not very happy about it. I'm on the fence about the whole thing. I was just interested in hearing other what others knew about it. I do think that for $750 a month all food included it is not a bad deal. I would love to eat mangos and advocados right off the trees and learn about permaculture. Anyone know of any other similiar places that they would recommend (vegetarian hopefully!) ????

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 23, 2007 02:23AM

TroySantos,

You know Scott? I met him the last time I was in Koh Samui. He helped my find some out of season durians while I was there in February last year. He told me I looked to healthy to be a raw vegan. Oh well.

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: January 23, 2007 01:54PM

Yeah, Scott doesn't hold veganism in much esteem. He's always chiding raw vegans. And can't say enough about how he feels that raw animal protein does him so much good. I won't argue but I'm not interested. I friend and I stayed with him a couple of weeks a few years back.

How did you get in touch with him?

He's a big durian fan too. I don't know if he's still doing it but he was looking around for some donors to help him buy a piece of land with lots of rare durian varieties. It went something like this. I haven't heard anything from him lately about this.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables