Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

garbriel cousens
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 25, 2007 01:15AM

i got his rainbow green live-food cuisine today-he puts foods in his food dryer at 145 degrees...i thought it was 1o5-110 degrees that was the proper temp for not destroying foods vitamins? also-what are the chances he would ever come to portland,oregon and does he do lectures and is it expensive to go see him?thanks taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: garbriel cousens
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 25, 2007 04:48AM

Hi Taylor,

The Excalibur is set at 145 degrees F. for
the first hour or two, then lowered to 110.
The food does not reach 145, just the air
around it.

Cousens' ususally spends a couple days a year
in Portland giving presentations and lectures.
He will be in Portland during the week of
Sept. 6, 2007

I do not think it is expensive to see him.
Also, his website www.AliveWithGabriel.com
has free memberships for the next two months.

Do you know about Portlands message board
[groups.yahoo.com]
?

Take care,

Mike

Date: January 25, 2007 12:46PM

i do Mike-and thanks for the info...i looked and if i remember correctly-it said bernard Jensen was coming or had.boy! good info. i am for anyone who is in there 60's and can do 600 push-ups.well- i would sure like to go listen to him.now to get my hubby to go.ok...thanks so much Mike for the great info.taylor

Date: January 25, 2007 12:57PM

bernard Jensen ? I read he died.
[www.news2news.com]

Date: January 25, 2007 01:57PM

well- i am crazy...i don't know where the heck i saw this.maybe it was david janson...no he died too.oh well-like i said.twilight zone time!!ooOOOooo!thanks taylor and by the way-good article.

Taylor - I will be interested to see how the Cousens
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: January 25, 2007 06:30PM

program works out for you. I tried it a year ago - faithfully for 6 months. Ended up feeling awful, dark circles under eyelids (liver/gallbladder stress). Finally have ended up on Graham's 8/1/1/. Finally, finally really thriving on raw because of it. But that's only me. I hope it works well for you.

Date: January 25, 2007 10:03PM

well Piano Gal-i am having my doubts. i can not even do phase 1- the very start of gabriel cousens book-i can not do.what will i have for breakfast-squash and tomatoes?i could have coconut pulp-what is that?it is the coconut meat-made into pulp or is it just already pulp.i can have nuts.there is not much to have.i could go onto phase1.5 or the next level and do this.well-thanks for letting me know how it worked out for you.taylor

Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: January 25, 2007 10:16PM

You can do anything you wish to. I have done Phase 1 intermittently for TEN YEARS to ensure cleansing and detoxing.

Question is how committed are you to GREAT HEALTH AND WELL-BEING? If you love yourself, I believe, you can do anything that your body really loves you doing.

Good luck and chin up. Its just transformation. On the other side you will be a new person, truly.

Blissed be, Annie

Date: January 26, 2007 01:12AM

i just need some tips on what u eat for say breakfast?do u eat some tomatoes?or greens?i mean-it says u can have coconut pulp-is that the meat of the coconut?i could do this..well with ten years under your belt-do u have idea's on what to eat? somehow raw squash doesn't do it for me for breakfast.bodybliss -what did u eat for breakfast?when u were on this phase 1.i could do coconut for breakfast-then the other meals aren't too bad.tomatoes and squash and avocado's and such.i guess it is just gnawing on coconut.is that the only option?what did u do for breakfast bodybliss.thanks taylor

Posted by: uma ()
Date: January 26, 2007 02:55AM

I had a similar experience of trying Cousens' program for a couple years and it really not working for me. I finally ended up with the 80/10/10 high fruit low fat approach and am thriving more and more. I love it! Breakfast is easy: any fruit I want!!

It was very expensive for me to see Gabriel. Not just the meetings but also the long lists of supplements and retreats that are part of the program.

Love,
Uma

Date: January 26, 2007 02:18PM

ok-thanks so much Uma...taylor

Thanks for sharing Uma - my experience exactly
Date: January 26, 2007 04:30PM

After eight years of raw - every permutation of it...higher fruit, lower fat -8-1-1, no salt, no condiments, no dehydrating - I'm thriving like a little puppy and no sense of deprivation. I did think Doug Graham was nuts for a long time. Till I tried what he said, because everything else ultimately failed me. I finally let myself have as much fruit as I wanted. I feel fantastic, and balanced.

Before, with higher fat, salty things, the richer dehydrated things, trying to keep my fruit low, I was on a constant blood sugar swing - binging with dried fruit and nuts. I was hungry all the time. I never thought I could give up the salty things, fat things, dried fruits.

Surprise, surprise - it has been the easiest thing in the world - lots of fruits and tender, gentle greens. It is so easy. I feel great. Steady as a rock. Satisfied. thank you Doug! Thank you life, for the answer to my life long prayer of wanting to not have to fight my body and its appetites all the time. This is heaven on earth.

Date: January 27, 2007 05:10AM

Piano Gal, thanks for sharing your inspiring experience! I too tried so many permutations until all that was left was the simplest! Funny how we resist that one the longest.

I am so inspired by people who have been doing low-fat high-fruit for some time and feel great.

I think I come across as arrogant sometimes or pushy because I am so excited about eating tons of fruit all the time. But it's just that I get frustrated to read accounts of people who are so brainwashed about fruit being the root of all evil, and that the diet program needs to be so complicated and with expensive equipment and supplements, etc. -- I think I get so frustrated because this viewpoint was EXACTLY ME a few years ago and I am eager to share how things shifted for me and got SO much simpler. So anyway, that's where I'm coming from!

Love,
Uma

thanks so much for sharing it, Uma....
Date: January 27, 2007 03:36PM

I know exactly what you mean and are going through. It takes quite a bit to contain the thrill of something wondrous until someone comes to your door literally begging to hear. I, too, have made the same mistake, many times. Hopefully, I'm learning to just living it quietly until someone(s) really ARE interested.

Isn't the fruit exquisite? IT DOES quell the unbalanced cravings I was having for my first 8 raw years. amazing, unexpected. I could never have imagined fruit would be so fulfilling. It went against everything I had ever heard, believed. Simplicity, indeed - and so satisfying.

Take care, Uma!

With you,

Pg

Date: January 28, 2007 04:54AM

Thanks for sharing Piano Gal and thank you for your support.

I am very surprised at how much I enjoy fruit and how it comprises most of what I eat. Just a few years ago I was checking the glycemic index of any fruit before I would consider eating it!

Love,
Uma

Posted by: teapata ()
Date: January 30, 2007 04:39PM

Hi,
why can't it just be that different diets work for different people, as gabriel cousens says in the green rainbow diet book (different metabolic types). I don't know what 80 10 10 is but i imagine that some people thrive on a low fat diet and others on a low carb diet. why does it have to be one or the other?
i suspect i'd do better on the green rainbow diet because i have fungus issues...It seems that the stages could be done backwards, that's what i'm trying to do, stage 2, then 1.5 then 1. I've only been raw for 2 months so it's hard to go straight to stage one. I'm somewhere between stage 1.5 and 2 depending on the day.
by the way, is that mesquite powder he recommends basically the same as agave or is it lower in sugars?
Leila

Leila - let us know how it goes.
Date: January 30, 2007 04:45PM

I would be very interested to hear as the process unfolds for you. I will be interested to hear how your liver does with the amount of fat on the rainbow green. Please let us know.

Date: January 31, 2007 03:05AM

well-u allknow me an di know nothing.but i have sure been reading.Gabriel cousens book-the rainbow live green-food one.I never knew some of this stuff about our cells.about the composting button and about all the pesticides on our food.and agent orange being the most horrid of all the chemicals.i get cloudy on the body types but it is enough info to give me an idea of where i am and what diet i should do.then i want to get the 80/10/10 diet-book by doug graham.u know-it will be interesting.the titles of the chapters are very intriguing sounding.I feel a little bit of knowledge from this book and that one and maybe get alot more of an idea of what i need to do.Teapata! i like how you are trying the phases in diefferent order.that is what i thought too.first of all-the phase 1 seems too hard for me since i have only been in the raw thing since this new yr.but some of the other phases i could attempt and be ok and not fail.thanks everyone for your great ideas and input on these subjects.taylor

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: January 31, 2007 03:46AM

I did phase 1, loved it, but did eat fruit the rare times I craved it.

then body eventually just shifted to mostly fruit.

rainbow green phase 1 great for some ppl, maybe not so great for others.

Date: February 01, 2007 01:33PM

the only way i could do phase one is if i put 1/2 cup of cooked beans on my salad for breakfast ,lunch and dinner...but then it would not be phase 1 i suppose but pretty close.taylor

Posted by: teapata ()
Date: February 01, 2007 05:24PM

well that's an idea (the beans).
i believe what piano gal says about the amount of fat but i'm hypoglycemic plus have candida issues BUT i had banana slices on my pecan and blueberry breakfast this morning and it was GOOD. in other words i'm having a hard time with stage 1.5, much less stage one. we shall see.
Leila

Posted by: KathyT ()
Date: March 09, 2007 01:39AM

I tried Phase 1 and couldn't handle it... I was HUNGRY all the time and it got so bad I would eat just about anything just to stop being hungry. I ate sandwiches with meat and cheese.... and I am allergic to wheat and dairy and I don't eat meat... but I was so hungry, I would just break down and do to the deli next to my work and buy a sandwich. Then I started to be more and more tired as I ate all this dead food, food that I am allergic to... and I know it was all because I was so hungry I couldn't stand it. I wasn't getting enough calories under phase 1.

So I'm back to eating fruit again. Instead of trying to starve the parasites by giving them no sugars, I am taking a parasite cleanse, and eating the fruit. It's much better than getting so hungry I freak out and eat anything within reach! LOL.

KathyT

Date: March 09, 2007 02:27AM

dear Kathy T-i know what u mean but what i did not know about pahse 1-is there is alot of recipes he has for phase 1 that u can eat.phase 1 recipes have a silloette of some broccoli.the raw chili is good.well-when i got into this in Jan of this yr. i never dreamed there was so much to know.i did not know these people like gabriel cousens or doug graham or all the guys and gals who stand out in this raw foodism.i went out and got the cousens book.then everyone talked of 8-1-1.i was like oh no! so if u feel it is good for u to eat fruit.everyone will back u.the thing is i may of jumped into this too quick.but i am still in there trying. good luck to you.eat fruit.it is good for you.good luck and take care.hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Date: March 09, 2007 02:27AM

dear Kathy T-i know what u mean but what i did not know about pahse 1-is there is alot of recipes he has for phase 1 that u can eat.phase 1 recipes have a silloette of some broccoli.the raw chili is good.well-when i got into this in Jan of this yr. i never dreamed there was so much to know.i did not know these people like gabriel cousens or doug graham or all the guys and gals who stand out in this raw foodism.i went out and got the cousens book.then everyone talked of 8-1-1.i was like oh no! so if u feel it is good for u to eat fruit.everyone will back u.the thing is i may of jumped into this too quick.but i am still in there trying. good luck to you.eat fruit.it is good for you.good luck and take care.hugs taylor

Date: March 09, 2007 02:29AM

oops-it did not click but then i guess it did-showed up twice.sorry.taylor

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: March 09, 2007 03:52AM

I think that if you don't feel right or have problems on phase 1, then you should of course explore other types of raw food. For me, even without the phase 1 guideline, that's the type of raw food I wouldve naturally gravitated towards. I was eating a high-fat, low-carb, meat heavy diet to begin with, so phase 1 was really the common-sense transition for me. I don't know why, but I could always eat so much fat and not gain weight, but carbs terrified me. THAT I gained weight from, and my face & upper body would develop this scary bloat.

Ok so if you can relate to the above, then you'll find phase 1 to be a delightful transition diet. I never followed it TOO closely, but I also rarely actually craved fruit and when I did it was tart things like grapefruit and granny smith apples. I did for the sake of convenience sometimes try to eat more sweet fruit, but I couldn't feel satisfied on it. But I do believe that fruit should always be a big part of our diet, even on phase 1.... there is some confusion really as to what constitutes a fruit- the key to success on phase 1 if you're the kind of person who can't handle sweet fruit, is to eat the NON-SWEET fruits, which ARE included in phase 1- cucumbers, peppers, zucchini etc. Vegetables that are really fruits.

As time went by I found myself picking up more and more sweet fruits- and now, at a year raw, I eat mostly sweet fruit.

Good luck!

Date: March 09, 2007 05:06AM

So, I'm curious how those who have gone to the 8/1/1 diet went through the transition to it.

I'm back on raw after a year off, and find I can not tolerate so much fat as I did last round (was raw for 3 years). But, I'm also finding it hard to do the fruit all day/greens for dinner approach that Dr. Doug recommends. I'm really interested in and curious about the 8/1/1 but not sure I can do it yet.

It's fine some days but then the next I'm totally spacey and then ravinous for something more 'grounding'. It would be really useful for me to hear about how others transitioned to this approach.

Thanks!
Dor

Date: March 10, 2007 08:22PM

RawGorilla, I thought I would start a new thread to reply to your question since it's a great topic on its own and not really related to Cousens! Seeya there.

Love,
Uma

Date: March 11, 2007 02:26AM

hi uma!! its good to see u back.missed u!taylor

Date: March 11, 2007 02:29AM

Hi to you too!
Love,
Uma

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables