Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

any one tried colonix colon cleanse?
Posted by: debbie ()
Date: January 30, 2007 07:53PM

hello
just wondered if anyone had tried this product. i would be interested to find out what you think

[www.drnatura.com]

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: any one tried colonix colon cleanse?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 30, 2007 10:29PM

hi debbie,
I'm on month 2 of this cleanse, it personally worked wonders for me, with severe IBS i could only find comfort in taking numberous prescribed junk, shortly after starting i was able to go off all medications.I feel light and hardly ever get stomach cramps, not to mention some of the things that you expell look like they belong to another planet..hehe..one thing to remeber is water is your best friend!! I talked my father into doing it as well but it didn't work as well as on me, i suspect it was b/c he wasn't drinking 8 plus glasses of water a day. Good Luck!!

Posted by: Stormyone66 ()
Date: January 30, 2007 10:39PM

Does this interfere with jobs or daily activities? I mean, I cannot exactly be strapped to a toilet all day long. Just wondered smiling smiley

Date: January 30, 2007 10:54PM

hehe...its hard to stay classy when talking about such matters...but i'll try...for me it was similar to normal, only more and more often...you eat and a few hours later you go...nothing that interfered with my desk job or active life smiling smiley

Posted by: debbie ()
Date: January 31, 2007 12:34PM

thankyou abby
please tell me are you going to do 3 months of the cleanse? i was thinking of just doing 2....

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 31, 2007 01:09PM

what is that thing i keep seeing that everyone @#$%& out? if i did that-i would run to the hospital scared spitless.how do u flush that puppy down.what is it?it totally creeps me out.would u have to pull it out?i don't want to do that cause it creeps me out so much.taylor

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: January 31, 2007 02:59PM

I gave it for my husband (who is not raw) to see if it would help him any. I had actually bought it for myself but found out I should not use it because I am breastfeeding. Anyways, it made him feel better. Nothing drastic but simply a better digestion. No emergency trips to the restroom or of that sort.
My guess is that those things work 100 times better when you are completely raw in terms of expelling old residues from your colon.

I have done the Ejuva program a few years back (100 raw on fruit while doing it) and also felt nothing drastic. It was good yeah, but I did not loose any weird looking stuff. I have to say though that I did not fast (which they suggest) while on the program.

Date: January 31, 2007 04:51PM

debbie, yes i am going to do the three months of the cleanse, i'm not sure if it is necessary but i bought the three months right off the bat. Although I'm not dispelling strange things as much anymore every once and awhile something a bit odd comes out so i figure it must be doing some good. I imagine it does work better for raw ppl, I'm about 90%, and doing the cleanse was sort of my transistion. I have always been about 50-75% but in september decided to up the anit a bit and i just wasn't feeling what all the "hype" was about. I was eating great, drinking lots a water and exercising and still very "blocked" up, a few tweaks in my routine and this has helped me get that feeling. (i don't mean to up-talk or sell this product it just happened to work with me)

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: January 31, 2007 06:45PM

Just my personal opinion, but....

I couldn't help but notice that on the colonix website, I can't find any information as to what exactly the product contains. It might be there, but I just couldn't find it.

On the other hand, other cleansing programs are a lot more forthright, for example, [www.renewlife.com]

I don't know how these products compare to each other, and I am sure there are lots of others out there as well, but I have tried this one, and is seemed to be pretty good to me. (although, I can't vouch for what was dispelled, I didn't check all that carefully)

I also liked that I could just go to the local health food store and purchase the product, rather than having to order it on the internet.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: January 31, 2007 07:03PM

I use Oxypowder www.oxypowder.com. Both are good products. I researched them for a while before deciding to try it. Curezone.com has a good colon/bowel cleanse forum. Basically the main difference is Oxypowder liquifies everything so you pass mush, it's quick and no straining. Colonix is high in fiber so bulks it up. Colonix isn't good for people who are prone to constipation from fiber products because it's high in fiber/psllium.. it just causes them to get backed up even more.

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: January 31, 2007 07:20PM

So when you use oxypowder, how "urgent" is it when you have to go to the bathroom? I don't always have the option to just get up and go to the bathroom right away, so I am afraid to try it!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 31, 2007 09:39PM

Not to sound like a broken record or anything like that, but if you want a clean colon, eat a high fiber diet. From foods, not supplements, not "products," but food. Usually this means more vegetables but if you are eating a great deal of fruit (say, more than 15 pieces per day), at least a medium sized green salad, a handful of nuts/seeds and not juicing, you are there. That's all it takes. But so few people do it.

Date: January 31, 2007 10:32PM

well-did u see that brown rope ish thing. i am sorry but what is it??it looks like a cord or rope knotted up and covered with clay.surley nothing like that can come out of someone???would u not have some kind of blockage if u had soemthing like that in your colon??? sorry-but what it is?? taylor

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 31, 2007 10:40PM

They tell you to ingest substances which *produce* those things. Yes, the substances themselves.

Date: February 01, 2007 02:39AM

well-has anyone every had one of those things come out of them??i can not even imagen that.taylor

Posted by: Stormyone66 ()
Date: February 01, 2007 03:10AM

Taylor...you just crack me up. I adore your blunt behavior...hehehe

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: February 01, 2007 03:15AM

We had a discussion about this years ago on this message board.

I have a friend who was a nurse in a major hospital operating room and who now assists a proctologist. I told her about the belief among the colon cleanse people that there are decades of incrustations in the colon and asked her if they saw that when they open people up or do colonoscopies. She said, no she has never seen anything like that, the colons are all pink and clear, except for whatever disease they find.

She lives in Iowa where the people have the worst of the SAD diets. And except for the routine colon exams, the people she sees have problems with their colons and are therefore the ones most likely to have ancient crud up there. But she's never seen anything like that.

My conclusion from all this is that the built-up crud is a myth and that what causes those ropey things is a build up of the psyillium, binding with mucus and food.

Date: February 01, 2007 03:44AM

Greenie-thank you so much for a response. i did not mean to be blunt.but that thinkg creeps me out. i could not imagen someone having that much in them and not be backed up somehow.a few yrs back they put a camera down my throat and down thru my intestines and it was all pink and clear and nice looking.thanks so very much Greenie.taylor

Date: February 01, 2007 04:32AM

You're welcome, Taylor. I want to know how you lost all that weight in such a short time. Would you be okay with telling me more about what you ate and the exercise you've been doing?

Date: February 01, 2007 01:15PM

ok Greenie.exercise and eating raw but i was loosing before i got on the raw.it started in oct.of "06".I was on meds. for depression and pain killers for arthritis and meds for high chorlesterol and a threat of being put on diabetes meds.I could barley move i hurt so much.well-the dr. put me on this diet.NO SUGAR,NO SALT,LOWFAT AND WALK 30 MINS. EVERY DAY-7 DAYS A WEEK.I went back to my old vegetarian days...then vegan and then found this site and now do raw.i started loosing by stopping with the bad foods and walking.i quit fast foods which i lived on and coffee and ice cream and candy and desserts and pancakes with tons of butter and peanut butter and syrup and even my fav. egg salad sandwich.it has like 600 calories. i always thought it was good for you.then found this site-instead of noodles...use zucchini slices(i am going to get a mondoline slicer today)it was so good.i walked more and more and now i am up to walking 7.5 miles a day.this raw diet is freeing once i learn more.instead of a big bowl of ice cream...i eat 2 dates and drink clove tea.only a couple of times a week.so the old fashioned way-exercise and raw foods and drinking water.and never letting up.bet you are sorry you asked.hee hee...taylor(oh i keep my calories at 1000 a day )

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: February 01, 2007 01:37PM

Yes, I'm a big fan of Dr Natura and it rocks. I gotta tell you that I went ahead and bought 1 month's worth and halfway through the first month I went ahead and bought enough for the next two months to do a full cleaning, which Dr. Natura recommends the first time. The stuff that came out of me was surprising. I had all sorts of bizarre things that ended up in the loo. There were some creapy crawlies that I where some type of worm and lots of parasites. I can't say enough good things about Dr Natura's products. They do everything they are supposed to do but I also balanced it out with weekly enema's I did myself. Now, I do a Dr. Natura cleanse a few times a year but I eat a healthy raw diet, which there is no better option for cleaning out your system. I still have to be careful not to get too clean until I get the remaining few mercury amalgram fillings out of my mouth. Last thing I want is a toxic meltdown.

Cheers,

Marcos

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 01, 2007 04:33PM

Taylor,

Have you been able to go off those medications?

Also, aside from the weight, how has your arthritis been. Also the cholesterol, have you had it checked?

Just curious to know how much time it takes to make an impact on such serious stuff!

Your family must be amazed at the changes.

Sapphire

Date: February 01, 2007 05:13PM

Taylor: that keeping your calories to 1000 per day and walking 7.5 miles a day will take care of the weight loss. Thank you for responding.

Date: February 01, 2007 05:38PM

Taylor I guess its true, nothing pays off like a little hard work!! Good for you!!

Date: February 02, 2007 12:00AM

well-i took myself off of everything except one medication.My arthritis which had been just horrid...is not normal aches and pains.I can stand it cause it is just so little i don't even notice it.it was the weight loss and the diet changes.I am feeling so good and so happy cause i feel really great.Not old but like a spring chicken.

Date: February 02, 2007 02:26AM

Congratulations Taylor. I'm impressed with the 7.5 miles per day. You're an inspiration.

Date: February 02, 2007 12:36PM

Greenie-we are all an inspiration.Look at this group.Alicehubby-what a gal.she is in training in the cold canadian winter for a 33 mile bike ride up some big hill and goes out and trains and comes back and tends her family.And Uti-so filled with wisdom and you cn tell by his pics-he lives how he thinks and it is working.he shares his wise words of health with us all.theres Bryan-who is always helpful .theres Uma-always giving kind words of encouragement.and Sapphire-who overcame cancer and is trying to get herself back to good health.and then the one guy who is called singinginthe raw-brave enough to say he has problems and wants more feedback of people caring about him.everyone is pretty interesting and i think really very patient to answer new peoples same stuff over and over.well Greenie-yesterday i only got a couple of miles in.makes me so mad.but heard a yoga tape-so that was a cool trade -off.have a nice day.taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables