Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Frozen durian question to durian lovers
Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: February 16, 2007 07:55AM

Troysantos,

I live here in about 8 months of the year in Thailand and a month or so traveling to a few other places before heading back to the states in South Florida.
I am about hour and half from Chaing Mai near Lamapang.

Did you stay in a Temple around Lumphun ? A lot of people go there to study meditation.

The Thai name for Cherimoya is Noina but the Noinas in Thailand are not the real mccoy cherimoyas I had from say Chile or Equador they are more like atemoya or in english sugarapple.
The only place I have seen a cherimoya in asia was in Sri Lanka maybe they have them somewhere else or a different time of year but not as far as I know in Thailand.

Cherimoya

Love Peace and Happiness,

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: February 16, 2007 02:22PM

I see I see. Noi na. Yeah, I had those. I gather they're not local to Thailand. I did like them (atemoyas I guess) but found them awkward to eat so I didn't often eat them. They rot easily and insects get to them fast. So once they get soft, I often didn't need to look very long before I found little worms squiggling around in the flesh. Having said this, I do like your name just the same!

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: March 01, 2007 08:26AM

Well, I had one more go at a frozen durian. This time my body blatantly refused and I experienced a violent rejection reaction. I will spare you the details, blah. I won't eat frozen durian anymore.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 02, 2007 03:22PM

I loooove Durian. MMM. I wish I had some fresh. Sorry Rawgosia. I get that too sometimes, where I can't digest as fast, but its way better than eating a cheeseburger. Frozen anything is not the best.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables