Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Avocado inhibits insulin secretion
Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: February 03, 2007 02:07AM

IMO, this should be talked about more in raw food literature.

[www.glycoteam.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Avocado inhibits insulin secretion
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 03, 2007 03:02AM

Haven't you noticed the antiliterature stance here? If it's literature, few will accept it. Personal experience rules! Literature sucks!

Also the value of the findings depends on what the authors look like, their lifestyles, their diets, etc. If one of them is 10 lbs overweight, or ate at McDonalds once last month, you will have to reject their findings.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: February 03, 2007 03:14AM

Good observation, Arugula. I have to admit, raw foods is the first area I've tried to research and found most of the literature to be well below the level I can accept for research/informational purposes. Too many self proclaimed gurus, doctors, food scientest, nutritionists how are approaching raw foods like it is a religon or something (maybe it's just too much hippy-dippy-@#$%&).

Of course there are some good stuff out there, I just can't think of any of hand that I would quote/reference to friends.

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 03, 2007 03:39AM

Avocados make me happy smiling smiley

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: February 03, 2007 04:03AM

Suvine,
You have the sweetest,most delightful way of approaching a controversial topic.I sure can learn from you.
Brian

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: February 03, 2007 04:23AM

The way medicine is currently taught in med schools is flawed - that's why any research coming from that establishment is somewhat suspect. It's based on Louis Pasteur when even Pasteur himself realized he was wrong.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: February 03, 2007 03:43PM

I love the idea of research but most of the research is flawed. You need to look at the way the study is set up to determine if it may be useful or accurate.

And...

Have you noticed, arugula, that the research of yesterday gets refuted by the research of today? For example, the hormone replacement therapy that was hailed by scientists as a fountain of youth with reams of research showing better health, etc. is now shown to produce higher cancer rates.

It's not science but science du jour.

It would be just dandy if we had good real science to show what works and what doesn't. In the absence of that, we each need to go the laboratory of our own bodies and experience to determine what works for us.

Date: February 03, 2007 08:45PM

I wish more than 4 people on this board knew what science was. I won't say which four people have demonstrated an understanding of what Science is, that way you can all think you are one of the 4 and feel good. ;-)

Ian.

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: February 04, 2007 01:34AM

You are too kind,Ian. We are forever in your debt.What magnanimity!!The world doesn't deserve you.

Date: February 04, 2007 02:45AM

Thanks for the kind words. Don't worry the world deserving me, I'm just passing through, on my way to Hell. I here it's full people who believed in science rather than gods, you can do anything you want and there is tango all the time. ;-)

I'm in the debt of the plants I've eaten and the cow that provided the shoes and jacket I wear. If anybody feels in my debt, please pay it to the plants and the cow.

Peace and love,
Ian.
Sorry for comming across as negative and/or condecending, respect to ya'all.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 04, 2007 07:48AM

Interesting find!

"Current research suggests preventive and health beneficial effects of a rare seven-carbon sugar called Mannoheptulose commonly found in avocado"

"If you are suffering from hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels), which is caused by high insulin levels, Mannoheptulose qualifies as an excellent food supplement, like avocados as a food source."

"Based on these studies, there is good reason to believe that this avocado extract (D-Mannoheptulose) could help cancer patients by limiting glucose uptake of tumor cells."

I ask, what could have caused hypoglycemia/cancer in the first place? Could this have anything to do with one's diet? Is there any chance at all that a person suffering from hypoglycemia/cancer can benefit in any way at all by changing their diet, perhaps even switching to raw vegan? Is avocado by any chance a hint pointing in some direction, such as including more of the food like avocado (fresh) in one's diet, or perhaps even have a diet entirely based on such foods? Is extracting stuff from avocado the best solution that there is out there? What about the rest of the avocado? Can it be beneficial in any way to some health problem out of many out there?

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables