Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

natural hygiene
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 22, 2007 11:15AM

hi everyone!i have been coming along with the raw food diet and learning more and more.i was wondering if anyone could tell me what natural hygiene is?i keep seeing others talk about it here and there but can not figure out what it is.
also-do any of u drink kefir?where do i get a culture to make this drink ?do any of u drink it?or do i just make a nut milk and let it sit and ferment? i know when i use to make my own yogurt...i had a culture of some other start.thank u so much guys! u are all the greatest.hugs taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: natural hygiene
Date: February 22, 2007 11:48AM

i found a website-thanks to Pam on the culture i need to start some kefir.it is so expensive.is there a cheaper way?thanks so much everyone.taylor

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: February 22, 2007 03:11PM

Have you looked on eBay? I know there's something there but don't know the cost.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: February 22, 2007 05:38PM

taylor,

kefir should not be expensive. Please do not buy the "starter kits" that you see online. You need a true kefir grain. My husband and I drink kefir. What state do you live in? I could ship you some of our grain. We just took it out of "hibernation" so we need to get it all back to normal before sharing some of it. I do not recommend making a nut drink and letting it ferment. For tons of kefir information, check out this site:

[users.sa.chariot.net.au]

Date: February 22, 2007 11:54PM

thank u yogamama-is it good?ok-i will look at these sites.thanks.taylor

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 23, 2007 12:08AM

Natural hygiene is the science of health. Basically it says that if you provide the conditions for good health, you will have good health. And if you are sick, rather than having surgeries or medications or other therapies to get well, provide the conditions for good health and listen to your body and you will get well.

Check out the website [www.rawfoodexplained.com] to see how Natural Hygiene deals with various aspects of living and health.

Date: February 23, 2007 12:16AM

thanks so much everyone.i will be reading these sites u gave.taylor

Date: February 23, 2007 12:17AM

oh wow!! thanks so much Bryan-i did not realize all that info was where it was.right here on this site.dud!! thanks so much.taylor

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: February 23, 2007 03:33PM

We love kefir. The taste all depends on what you use to make it. The grains make the liquid somewhat "fizzy" and a bit sour, sort of like plain, unsweetened yogurt or something. Let me know if you want some of our grain when it's back to normal and I can send you some.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables