Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

banana seeds ?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 22, 2007 09:21PM

hey everybody smiling smiley

im interestin in how look banana seeds?
do comercial ones have any at all?

thanx alot
best wishes
LCH

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: banana seeds ?
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: February 23, 2007 02:39PM

I've never seen a banana seed in a store bought banana. There are sometimes little black vestiges of seeds. But I haven't seen those in a long time. I wonder why.

I lived in Thailand for seven years and saw lots of bananas with seeds in them. They look a lot like black peppercorns and are hard and crunchy. Not flavorful at all. I've seen many people eat them though. I guess when there are so many seeds in the banana that some people would rather just eat them than spit them out! I've eaten bananas that way but usually preferred to spit most of the seeds out.

There are wild bananas growing too but there are so so so many seeds in them that there's little fruit. Most of those wild ones don't taste so good either. Not very sweet at all, unless they're very ripe but by then lots of them have pretty well rotted.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 24, 2007 04:59PM

That is funny because until now I have never thought about how bananas always had little black seeds when I was a kid. They were kind of like kiwi seeds. I liked them. We had some bananas a couple months ago that had a hard kind of middle. We had to pull it out to eat them. It wasn't good at all. I think there were seeds in there.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 04, 2007 07:27PM

I've had bananas with seeds in them when I was vacationing in tropical countries. I've experienced this in Thailand and in apple bananas in Costa Rica. If you get a chance to experience apple bananas, they are the bomb. Eat them when they are soft like pudding. Tastes like the filling of a cooked apple pie. Yum!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables